Just finished the Ravens/Jets Game...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Jets should have tied that game but blew it. Settled for a fg late in the 4th qtr after being 1st goal. Punted with 3min left and got the ball back. Dropped two sure TD's and then threw a red zone INT.

Ravens Offense:

McGahee didn't have much room to run. Grinded out run after run but no big plays on the ground.

Lots of screens(McGahee and Heap), 5yd passes to the flats, and 15-20yd outs.

Boller has an arm and took a couple of deep shots but did the most damage scrambling. McNair might start and I doubt he will be very mobile with a bad groin.

Raven Defense:

Wow those guys fly around. The front 7 is dominating and they cover sideline to sideline...along with tons of penetration.

They blitzed the hell out of the Jets and mixed their blitz's very well. Thomas Jones had a few solid runs right between the tackles but could not get outside or cut back. The Jets ran alot of screens but they were not very effective.

Safeties were blitzing frequently and their CB's were jumping routes all day. They will give up some big plays that way....the Jets just couldn't do it but they were there.

Ed Reed is still the best PR although Yamon Figures returned most of them.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The coach stated that McNair is starting already.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jets' oline is pretty bad. So the Cards have a shot. Enough of a shot to make me overly excited about this matchup.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am so damned excited. I cannot wait for this game to start. I haven't seen my redbirds play in 8yrs!!! It was so much nicer when they were in the NFC East and I got to see them once a year.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just setting myself up for a fall.

But this Ravens team isn't as good as last years playoff team. They are beatable.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I watch at least two games each weekend. The Cards and their next apponent, a must.

Concur with the analysis. The Ravens have "chinks" in their pass "D", and can be surprisingly vulnerable between the tackles. Must say, I'd feel a bit more secure if a vet like Johnson was at centre this Sunday.

On "O", I'm pretty sure we can control McGahee, and put pressure on McNair.

Biggest concern: Heap.

Last edited:

SunDevil

Reaction score
I am so damned excited. I cannot wait for this game to start. I haven't seen my redbirds play in 8yrs!!! It was so much nicer when they were in the NFC East and I got to see them once a year.

I can't wait for this Sunday!! I got my luxury box ticket from my work - woo hoo!!

As far as the game, I live just north of Baltimore and I watch the Ravens every week, assuming they are not on the same time as the Cardinals of course. I think we will be hard pressed to beat them. Their defense is swarming. I think our protection will be ok, but I think they will be all over the running game. You just do not run on the Ravens. In my opinion, we will need Leinart to play very well to have a chance.

I think that we CAN win this game, but I do not think we will. I REALLY hope I am wrong. My prediction; 16 - 6 Ravens.

SunDevil