Karlos Dansby Update... Holy Hell

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
A toe injury pretty much ended Jack Lambert's career. I don't think anybody questions his toughness. Also, someone posted about how could the Cards medical staff miss it? In the past, a lot of players haven't had too much respect for the Cards' staff and that's why they go to outside doctors for opinions. Wadsworth and Swann come to mind immediately. Remember, the doctors are paid employees of the Cards and are are likley to lean their way in these matters.
Yeah, going to other doctors did wonders for their careers.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:

Aeneas Williams also went to the same doctor for a second opinion.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
In the past, alot of players haven't had too much respect for the Cards staff and that's why they go to outside doctors for opinions.Wadsworth and Swann come to mind imediately.

And how did that work for those who opted to go outside for help?

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just glad to hear that he has been out due to a legitimate injury. In the past 2 years he has done nothing but hussle his behind off each and every game. I didn't want to hear that he just didn't want to practice or was playing games to get more money.

I like Dansby, I think he definitely elevates the play when he's on the field, and wish him a fast recovery!

:)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
That doesn't make sense they talk about a career ending injury and then say he is not sure when his preseason practice debut will be.

This makes no sense.
First of all, Dansby didn't explain who "they is" (his docs, the Cardinal docs. who?)

And you definitely get the feeliing that Dansby and the Cardinals are not on the same page with regard to his medical condition.

What it's beginning to walk and quack like is a disagreement between the Cardinal medical staff and Dansby's outside medics (if indeed there are medics) as to how serious the injury actually is.

What's frustrating to a fan is that we really don't know (a) who actually said what and (b) what the 2 respective medical opinions are.

The Cardinal medics could be (for various reasons) understating the seriousness of the injury. Dansby could be (for various reasons) be overstating the seriousness.

What's galling is that there isn't a unified statement being issued by both the team and Karlos. (Public relations on this matter is FUBAR).

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Christopher Reeves planned on walking again..... what's your point?

What the hell was I thinking....... your right he will die soon!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Renz said:
I'm not sure if i'm right but i think they initially listened to the Cards doctors and hurt themselves worse and then went to Steadman.I think Wally's post pretty much sums up team paid doctors.Their job is to get the guy back on the field. THere was a lineman from Oakland awhile ago who also sued/is sueing the team doctor for mis-diagnosis because he was "cleared" to play and injured himself further. He was a pretty good OL and a high draft pick which i think also comes into consideration to rush a guy back.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bizarre

Despite all the publicity regarding Dansby's mysterious toe ailment, i have not seen one reporter actually report, nor even ask, the name of this condition, if it even has one, aside from "sore toe".

And is the mysterious ARP machine a recognized treatment for this condition prescribed by the team's (or Dansby's) doctors as part of a comprehensive treatment program? Or is it just snake oil that the machine's inventor / promoter, Edge, and a few other players believe in?

The way Dansby's condition has been reported to be a "toe ailment" which has caused "problems" with his knee, groin, etc., sounds suspiciously like the marketing gobbeldygook put out by the inventor of ARP:

From the Republic (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...cards0818.html):
The difference, Thompson said, is ARP treats the cause of the injury, not just the symptoms. "I would place these pads right on the spot where it hurts, and if that's where the problem is, you are going to elicit a degree of discomfort," he said. "I move the pads around until I find an electrical disturbance, which is the origin of your problems.

"If you tell me all the pain is on the inside of the ankle, that may be where you feel the pain because that's where it ended up, not where it came from."

Thompson can deliver a technical explanation about how the machine works and the problems with modern training methods.

Oh he can, can he? Well, let's hear it!

This is ridiculous, and the fact that no reporter has either got to the bottom of it or even pointed out that Dansby is being completely evasive about the nature of the problem, is just plain bizarre.

...dave

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
classic quackery

Okay, i'm not a medical expert, but i am a scientist and i recognize bunk when i see it. And this is a perfect example:

http://www.arpprogram.com/arpprotocol/arp_science/index.html

There is not a single reference to any publication in any legitimate medical journal.

They claim that "Nobel Laureates, E. Neur and B. Sakmann, demonstrated that cells communicate with each other electrically." Actually, the man's name is "Neher" and he and Sakmann received the Nobel for developing the "patch clamp", a device for studying cell ion channels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch-clamp_technique). The existence of electrical communication between cells was known long before. And in any case, the patch clamp has nothing to do with ARP.

Their link to "case studies" includes nothing but studies their company has performed, rather than studies by universities or independent researchers. And their description of the case studies are nothing but a few anecdotes, without any statistical analysis or even control groups.

Googling for their pseudo-medical "theories" such as "surface charge theory" yields mostly results that have nothing to do with "electrical charge buildup in collagen", and a few results that go back to the ARP website and other sellers of elictrical stimulation devices.

The only credible medical results i saw mentioned anywhere on the site are in regard to gaining muscle mass via electrical stimulation (which makes sense, since stimulating muscles essentially exercises them). But they use those results to support their vague claims of healing "a variety" of injuries.

Maybe i'm being too skeptical and perhaps there really is something to some of the types of alternative medicines (aside from psychosomatic effects), but when i read somthing like "Initial Applied Kinesiology Exam determined that the client was biomechanically out of balance, and subsequent In-Balance treatment quickly restored his balance", my BS-meter is pegged.

...dave

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
daves said:
Maybe i'm being too skeptical and perhaps there really is something to some of the types of alternative medicines (aside from psychosomatic effects), but when i read somthing like "Initial Applied Kinesiology Exam determined that the client was biomechanically out of balance, and subsequent In-Balance treatment quickly restored his balance", my BS-meter is pegged.

...dave

Next you're going to tell me sticking magnets in a knee brace and putting them on your knee won't really fix it.

:D

I have to admit I was curious too, apparently the guy has lots of patients but that doesn't prove much, for example when those breatheright strips first came out they claimed they improved athletic performance. That's why so many athletes were wearing them, some were paid, some just thought it would help. IIRC, ultimately they had to retract those claims.

But it sounds like a few of the Cards swear by this machine.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing that is very well proven is the "placebo" effect. There's no doubt that when people think they are getting beneficial treatment they can respond like they are even if they are not. To me, it sounds like that is what this invention is leaning on. Biologically, it sounds like a load of crock.

But, hey, I hope it works for Dansby.

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
That doesn't make sense they talk about a career ending injury and then say he is not sure when his preseason practice debut will be.

This makes no sense.

He said that he doesn't know when his preseason debut will be.

The doctors are obviously Cardinals fans. I believe they called it a potentially fatal toe condition. :D

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
He's just been dogging it trying for a new contract:rolleyes: . Just look at all the earlier posts on the subject.He's a cancer.

I will amit I said that. I was wrong and deserve to give myself the trout cubed. :trout: :trout: :trout:

But I had no idea that this was his problem so I am definately guilty of jumping the gun. I feel really bad about bashing the guy.

I hope it is not as serious as when this happened to Heath Shuler. He was never the same and had to retire. I hear it effects your enitire leg cause the bone in your toe is growing different than it used to and jump grows into your muscle and what not.

I can I only hope the best for Karlos, and try to lodge my foot out of my mouth.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
A toe injury pretty much ended Jack Lambert's career. I don't think anybody questions his toughness.Also, someone posted about how could the Cards medical staff miss it. In the past, alot of players haven't had too much respect for the Cards staff and that's why they go to outside doctors for opinions.Wadsworth and Swann come to mind imediately. Remember the doctor's are paid employees of the Cards are are likley to lean their way in matters.

And there was a rumor two years ago that they know Anquan's knee was not up to par, but was sure. It cost Q 8 weeks.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
So is this for real? I just read something about this. It would be a HUGE blow to this team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05