Kerr Sucks

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
"The Suns won a league-high 62 games, but they won't be representing the West in the NBA finals. "

Thanks for the support, he must be the worst owner in history! I understand he can have his own opinion but he why can't he be like all the other homers in the league?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yotes1921 said:
"The Suns won a league-high 62 games, but they won't be representing the West in the NBA finals. "

Thanks for the support, he must be the worst owner in history! I understand he can have his own opinion but he why can't he be like all the other homers in the league?

he DID pick us to be in the Conference Finals - which is a hell of a lot better than a lot of other people and did finish by saying "they're pretty darn good". If you read WHY he doesn't have us winning - it's not that surprising - it's the same fear I have - Young teams often need that playoff hardship to get to the next level. It's been proven time and time and time and time again.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At the risk of ruining a perfectly pointless rant.....

Phoenix Suns

The Suns are healthy and on a roll, and they will face a struggling Memphis team in the first round. Although the Grizzlies split four games with Phoenix this season, one of Memphis' wins occurred when Steve Nash was injured. The other victory happened on the back end of a long Phoenix road trip. I don't think the Suns will have much of a problem with the Grizzlies.

The question Phoenix faces is whether or not it can run like it did in the regular season. The key for the Suns is rebounding. If they go get the ball, Nash will push it on every possession and the Suns will control the tempo. If they get out-rebounded, though, it will be easier for teams to slow things down.

The other question for the Suns is playoff experience. Only Nash, Jimmy Jackson and Shawn Marion have much of it. How will Quentin Richardson, Steven Hunter and Joe Johnson respond? Will Amare Stoudemire dominate, or will his youth be a weakness?

Phoenix is good enough to win it all, but is an unproven commodity. Plus it's rare for a team without much playoff experience to win a championship. In almost all cases, it takes painful postseason defeats to serve as valuable lessons for future title runs. Still, the Suns did win 62 games this season, so they're pretty darn good.

Prediction: West finalist, eliminated by San Antonio.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...NlY2w-?slug=sk-west042105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
Phoenix Suns

The Suns are healthy and on a roll, and they will face a struggling Memphis team in the first round. Although the Grizzlies split four games with Phoenix this season, one of Memphis' wins occurred when Steve Nash was injured. The other victory happened on the back end of a long Phoenix road trip. I don't think the Suns will have much of a problem with the Grizzlies.

The question Phoenix faces is whether or not it can run like it did in the regular season. The key for the Suns is rebounding. If they go get the ball, Nash will push it on every possession and the Suns will control the tempo. If they get out-rebounded, though, it will be easier for teams to slow things down.

The other question for the Suns is playoff experience. Only Nash, Jimmy Jackson and Shawn Marion have much of it. How will Quentin Richardson, Steven Hunter and Joe Johnson respond? Will Amare Stoudemire dominate, or will his youth be a weakness?

Phoenix is good enough to win it all, but is an unproven commodity. Plus it's rare for a team without much playoff experience to win a championship. In almost all cases, it takes painful postseason defeats to serve as valuable lessons for future title runs. Still, the Suns did win 62 games this season, so they're pretty darn good.

Prediction: West finalist, eliminated by San Antonio.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...NlY2w-?slug=sk-west042105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

exactly - that's about the fairest and most objective look at our playoff chances. Talks about btoh strength and weakness (primarily YOUTH).

OP
OP
Y

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
I read he's article and he may have some good points, but if you can't get support from your ownership then who can you get support from.

TopGamer

Veteran
Reaction score
As a columnist his job is to be objective. It's not like he's being interviewed courtside at a home game and they asked him his opinion. He gave a favorable opinion though.

OP
OP
Y

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm looking for blind love. Right now it doesn't appear that anyone gives us much of a chance of beating SA, it would be nice see someone from the national media give us a little love especially our owner.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yotes1921 said:
I read he's article and he may have some good points, but if you can't get support from your ownership then who can you get support from.

Conference Finals seems pretty darn fair to me.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Would a 16-0 sweep through the playoffs prediction made you happy?

Kerr supports the team financially and by being in the arena cheering on the team. Just because he doesn't think it's the Suns year doesn't mean he's not being supportive.

OP
OP
Y

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
O.K. it appears everyone disagrees with me, so I take back the Kerr Sucks thought.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Right now it doesn't appear that anyone gives us much of a chance of beating SA, it would be nice see someone from the national media give us a little love especially our owner.

How about the Suns try to win the series anyway, and then worry about who loves them after that?

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Pistons won it out of nowhere and it disturbs me as well, that no one picks us to win it but I'm a Mercury fan and Cardinal fan, so I'm not complaining that much. Suns had the best record and this year was more fun for me, than 92-93, I like this team more, I didn't have internet service back then, I wasn't clued into the Draft that much, I was too young, etc.

At least he doesn't think Suns will lose in First Round, like Skkorpion :p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BbaLL_31 said:
Pistons won it out of nowhere and it disturbs me as well,

huh? The Pistons made it to the Conference Finals the previous year and won the previous TWO years Division titles - not to mention that they were the hottest team int he league last year after the Sheed trade.

Hardly seems like out of nowhere - at least as far as experience goes. In fact - Detroit - like EVERY champion before them fits the profile to a tee - Get into the playoffs, take some lumps and finally get over the hump... just like SA before them and the Lakers before them and the Bulls before them and the Rockets before them and the Bulls again before them and the Pistons before them...

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yotes1921 said:
I'm looking for blind love. Right now it doesn't appear that anyone gives us much of a chance of beating SA, it would be nice see someone from the national media give us a little love especially our owner.

I know you don't love me, but lie to me anyway.

For my part, I embrace all the criticism. If we lose, nobody can say I was delusional. If we win, I get to spit in their faces.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
yotes1921 said:
O.K. it appears everyone disagrees with me, so I take back the Kerr Sucks thought.

I think also at best he should refrain from commenting on the Suns. For example, now all the media types can run with his analysis by saying Kerr knows the Suns first hand and even he says the Suns can't win. Talk about potential bulletin board material. If I was a Suns player, I'd snub him even after we win the championship. :thumbup:

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I don't have the book to prove it (didn't buy 1 that year) but wasn't the Pistons team the year before, a completely different team?

The Suns do have a lot of Playoff experience for the last 20 years, does that count? :) hehe I believe Amare's Rookie year with Marion, Johnson, Stoudemire, Voskuhl, etc. is enough of torture not winning it that year for Amare - BRING ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course I would love for the Phoenix Suns to take it all this year, but I would be perfectly content with a good showing in the Western Conference finals. They have a very tough road ahead of them. In fact I wouldn't be disappointed as long as they may get out of the first round and give a second round team a damn good series. They will likely be facing teams with depth and a lot of playoff experience. Those are two things this team really does not have much of, so I have a hard time believing this is their year.

Joe Mama

se7en

Go SUNS Go
Reaction score
I heard some love for the Suns here in Los Angeles yesterday. As I was driving home last night a sports talk radio host had a sports columnist from the LA Times on. He picked the Suns over the Heat in the finals. I think the name was Heisler? Can't remember. Still, the LA Time picking the Suns to win it all isn't bad.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its a horrible conflict of interest.

That's fine if he wants to be an objective NBA analyst, but don't buy an equity stake in a team if you write articles that says a team you have a share of ownership in can't win it all. What kind of message does that send to the players?

Be an owner that supports your team, or be an analyst. Pick one.

fordronken

Reaction score
jw7 said:
I think its a horrible conflict of interest.

That's fine if he wants to be an objective NBA analyst, but don't buy an equity stake in a team if you write articles that says a team you have a share of ownership in can't win it all. What kind of message does that send to the players?

Be an owner that supports your team, or be an analyst. Pick one.

"So, Amare, what do you think of your team's chances this year?"

Amare: "I...I don't know man..." (shaking his head) "I just don't know...I mean...we just don't have what it takes. Steve Kerr said so. And he's a share owner in the team I play for. I just don't have the confidence anymore."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BbaLL_31 said:
I don't have the book to prove it (didn't buy 1 that year) but wasn't the Pistons team the year before, a completely different team?

no - the only really big piece of the puzzle added was Sheed the year they won it - the previous year they got swept by the Nets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake