KG to LA?????

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
How are the Lakers supposed to sign Billups? He definitely wants more than the MLE, and the Lakers don't have any sign-and-trade pieces.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Is anyone really scared of the Lakers even if they get KG? It would be Kobe + KG and then what. They still have no PG, they'd essentially be giving all the bigs away on LO and Bynum, Kwame too perhaps, so that leaves them with Turiaf and Mihm. I think Brian Cook is a FA. So that pretty much leaves them with.

Farmar
Kobe
Walton (assuming he signs)
KG
Turiaf

Vlad Rad
Mo Evans
?
?
?
?

and no cap room to sign any good help.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Scared? Not really. But there is no doubt they'd be better because KG is light years better than Odom (Byrum is all about potential). Obviously they are better, but how much?

This would be an upgrade, but it's not clear how much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone really scared of the Lakers even if they get KG? It would be Kobe + KG and then what. They still have no PG, they'd essentially be giving all the bigs away on LO and Bynum, Kwame too perhaps, so that leaves them with Turiaf and Mihm. I think Brian Cook is a FA. So that pretty much leaves them with.

Mo Williams (MLE)
Kobe
Walton (assuming he signs)
KG
Turiaf

Vlad Rad
Mo Evans
Cook
Farmar
LLE

and no cap room to sign any good help.

Cooks not a FA and they would still have the MLE and LLE to try to boost their club. So imagine the above.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just saw on ESPN news that the Celts would trade Al Jefferson and the #5 pick to MIN, O'Neal would go to Celts, Garnett to Lakers, and Odom & Bynum to IND.
Seems like everyone gets what they want.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I just saw on ESPN news that the Celts would trade Al Jefferson and the #5 pick to MIN, O'Neal would go to Celts, Garnett to Lakers, and Odom & Bynum to IND.

That would be unbelievably stupid on the Celtics part. No way they give up Jefferson to get O'neal back. Like us with the Amare/KG thing the team does not get much better if you have to shift out our stud PF to bring in older big man.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Sounds suspiciously like the deal that was shot down this afternoon.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

That's the same rumor that was shot down earlier today.

mribnik

Reaction score
That would be unbelievably stupid on the Celtics part. No way they give up Jefferson to get O'neal back. Like us with the Amare/KG thing the team does not get much better if you have to shift out our stud PF to bring in older big man.

Exactly. Why would the Celtics even consider that deal?

cly2tw

Reaction score
MLE, LLE, Luke Walton, Vlad Rad, Turiaf (who almost everyone here likes) - not great, but all you need to do with KG/KObe is surround them with decent role players and you've got a much better team. Thye could do that with the MLE, LLE and the guys above - they would likely not be a top three team, but it's a hill of beans better than the drek they were this year. Hell, look at what the Rokcets accomplished with T-Mac/Half of Yao and a whole bunch of crap - top 4 seed - there's no reason to think the Lakers couldn't do that if they made a deal like this.

I know that anything would be better with KG/Kobe. But for both, the problem is there is not enough to build a contender right away, as you only have one MLE each year and judging from Radmanovich, it's a hit and miss situation anyway. Neither has the patience to wait for the pieces to come together in say 3 years minimum.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's the same rumor that was shot down earlier today.

Without all 4 teams I don't see KG going to LA, they just don't have anything the Wolves would want. Watch for BOS & MIN because from what is being reported Garnett has expanded his wish list to any major city now and MIN is interested in BOS offer.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Id like to know what ESPN is using as sources to feel confident enough to post a trade rumor that has no chance of going through.

How many times have they revised/updated the 4 way trade today and then still posted the article with boston shooting down the idea?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isn't "Celtics pulling out" also just a rumor? i thought you weren't buying into rumors, just news?

sigh...

I said I wasn't going to react to rumors. I suppose if a :self: smiley is a reaction to you than so be it.

I just wonder if it is your mission to be tiresome some days.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You only say that because you are related :)

careful there Sanders - I might just leak word of reports that Spurstalk.com is close to trading for you to moderate their board in exchange for trolls to be named later. then where will you be? Stuck right in the eye of the storm!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05