KG to LA?????

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ford's rumor makes no sense. Minnesota trades away Garnett for the #5, the #19, and a load of crap? I don't think so.

The latest I saw of this trade rumor is

Lakers get KG
Pacers get Odom and Bynum
Celtics get Jermaine O'Neal
and the Wolves get Al Jefferson and the #5 pick

That trade makes more sense but I still don't see it happening. KG wants to go to a contender, the Lakers aren't that even with his addition

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The latest I saw of this trade rumor is

Lakers get KG
Pacers get Odom and Bynum
Celtics get Jermaine O'Neal
and the Wolves get Al Jefferson and the #5 pick

That trade makes more sense but I still don't see it happening. KG wants to go to a contender, the Lakers aren't that even with his addition

I agree that makes more sense, but I'd be surprised if the Celtics gave up the #5 to replace Jefferson with O'Neal. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it doesn't look very smart to me.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree that makes more sense, but I'd be surprised if the Celtics gave up the #5 to replace Jefferson with O'Neal. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it doesn't look very smart to me.

If the celtics give up jefferson and #5 for o'neal there will be a riot. 90% of boston fans didn't want to do that for garnett.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you believe this would ruin the Suns top 10 pick??

I sure the hell hope not..

Even though I would still not be afraid of the Lakers, if Garnett ends up in L.A., and we end up selling our draft picks.. Im gonig to be pissed on so many levels... :bang:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If the celtics give up jefferson and #5 for o'neal there will be a riot. 90% of boston fans didn't want to do that for garnett.

Hell, if it's that easy, we'll give them Marion for the #5 and Jefferson. Trading their franchise big man for Jermaine O'Neal?? Are they friggin kidding?

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And According to Ric Bucher on ESPN, Kobe has informed the Lakers, that it doens't matter if they get KG, He is NOT staying... so that could kill the deal right there as well...

There are sooo many varibles in this that it does seem almost impossible to get done especially by Thursday....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LA Times altered their story.
Wonder why...

The Times first reported the talks as a multi-player negotiation involving the Lakers, Minnesota, Indiana and possibly a fourth team. Sources now say the Lakers are dealing directly with Minnesota and disagree about the involvement of the Pacers and a fourth team.

The Lakers are reportedly offering the TImberwolves Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown for Garnett.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And According to Ric Bucher on ESPN, Kobe has informed the Lakers, that it doens't matter if they get KG, He is NOT staying... so that could kill the deal right there as well...

There are sooo many varibles in this that it does seem almost impossible to get done especially by Thursday....

Bucher didn't say that it was what Kobe said...he said he (ric) thinks Kobe asks to leave even if they get KG. Chad Ford said KG in LA would shut Kobe up.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bucher didn't say that it was what Kobe said...he said he (ric) thinks Kobe asks to leave even if they get KG. Chad Ford said KG in LA would shut Kobe up.

I just replayed it, and Ric's exact words (again this is completly according to Bucher) was that Kobe and His Camp, told him, this trade will have NO change on his desire to leave.....

And Ford said the trade SHOULD shut him up, but it didn't sound like he had talked to anyone about it, that was his opinion...

goldolodoboldodoldo

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
if I were the timberwolves I would only trade KG for Kwame Brown straight up kid is a monster who can guard duncan has a great inside game and long range game and can nail the 3 the wolves should do it

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just replayed it, and Ric's exact words (again this is completly according to Bucher) was that Kobe and His Camp, told him, this trade will have NO change on his desire to leave.....

That's exactly what I heard on ESPNNEWS.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walton is an unrestricted F.A., so they will have to spend most of the MLE to keep him... and the LLE...

uh, Walton's a home-town FA, which means they have his bird rights so they can sign him to whatever contract he wants, plus the MLE.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey, KG to LA speculation is ooooooold hat for us Laker fans. It's a friggin art form.

This isn't excitement, it's just a rehash of feelings of old.

Is this related to your "nobody but LAL/BOS fans know rivalry" talk? Every off-season, read most any team's messageboards and you will see many Garnett trade scenarios. Garnett trade talk is old hat for EVERYONE.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I am so sure that KG will not end up a laker that I will delete my account here if it goes through.

Book it!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this related to your "nobody but LAL/BOS fans know rivalry" talk? Every off-season, read most any team's messageboards and you will see many Garnett trade scenarios. Garnett trade talk is old hat for EVERYONE.

Trade scenarios yes...but Lakersground is a hotbed of "my cousin knows joe the plumber at KG's house here and he said KG said he's coming w00t!"

Don't even try to underestimate the idiocy. It's actually a compliment to others that they don't get so giddy about KG. Not even close...and I've read tons of other boards.

It's been Lakerfan wet dream for ages and ages and has been a "done deal" multiple times, at least in their minds.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will die laughing if the Lakers trade for KG and Kobe STILL demands to be traded. If this really is the word from Kobe's camp, I'm pretty sure KG nixes that trade in the butt just like he did the Boston one.

also - I didn't hear the story on ESPNNEWS, but when I got in the car after the gym, they WERE talking about Kobe leaving regardless of what happens - not sure if that was in refrerence to the Bucher thing or not, but it is being discussed as well in LA.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New LA Times info:

The talks turned into discussions about a four-way deal among the Lakers, Minnesota, Indiana and Boston, in which the Lakers would have gotten Garnett. However, the deal broke down, reportedly because the Celtics didn't like what they would have gotten, ending the four-way negotiations.

The Lakers are now back to direct two-team talks with the Timberwolves. However, sources say, Minnesota Vice President of Basketball Operations Kevin McHale wants young players and high draft choices and isn't keen on the Lakers offer of Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, plus another minor player to make the trade work financially.

Translation, Minny wanted Jefferson.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
uh, Walton's a home-town FA, which means they have his bird rights so they can sign him to whatever contract he wants, plus the MLE.

Yeah.. I was mistaken, already admitted it... but thanks for bringing it up yet again... appreciate it...:D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will die laughing if the Lakers trade for KG and Kobe STILL demands to be traded. If this really is the word from Kobe's camp, I'm pretty sure KG nixes that trade in the butt just like he did the Boston one.

also - I didn't hear the story on ESPNNEWS, but when I got in the car after the gym, they WERE talking about Kobe leaving regardless of what happens - not sure if that was in refrerence to the Bucher thing or not, but it is being discussed as well in LA.

I assume your were listening to Matt Money Smith?

They were saying that well before the Bucher thing when they were on during the last part of loose cannons. Surprisingly, the Bucher comment isn't getting a lot of play on the forums...yet.

Stefakob!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05