KG to LA?????

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replayed it, and Ric's exact words (again this is completly according to Bucher) was that Kobe and His Camp, told him, this trade will have NO change on his desire to leave.....

And Ford said the trade SHOULD shut him up, but it didn't sound like he had talked to anyone about it, that was his opinion...

Ah, I only saw the one with just Ford where he mentions what Ric said (and brushes it off). Didn't see Ric actually say it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume your were listening to Matt Money Smith?

They were saying that well before the Bucher thing when they were on during the last part of loose cannons. Surprisingly, the Bucher comment isn't getting a lot of play on the forums...yet.

Stefakob!

no - it was Demarco and Kylie. 710 - wasn't listenting to 570.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, I only saw the one with just Ford where he mentions what Ric said (and brushes it off). Didn't see Ric actually say it.

honestly D-Dog, IF it's true that Kobe either said "I'll sit out the season" or he would still demand a trade even with KG, at what point do you just say: "Jesus Christ, just get rid of this cancer already?"

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly D-Dog, IF it's true that Kobe either said "I'll sit out the season" or he would still demand a trade even with KG, at what point do you just say: "Jesus Christ, just get rid of this cancer already?"

If he wants out rather than playing with KG then he's lost his mind. Completely.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is a straight up ploy to get the Suns to bite on the KG deal for Amare. I don't think it's any coincidence that the MT are talking to a team in our division that just happens to have a player named Kobe.

They Suns don't want those 2 players playing together. MT know that. They are using and abusing the Lakers to get the Suns to fold.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he wants out rather than playing with KG then he's lost his mind. Completely.

Wasnt there some talk somewhere about "sitting out" and basically Stern could add those years onto his contract, ie, not let him play.

If I am ever an owner, I never, ever include no-trade clauses.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to save my reactions for real news not rumors. If I got really fired up about every rumor I would've had a heart attack this week alone :)

nash2stouds

Reaction score
Deal off:

Celtics Pull Out Of Four-Way KG Deal 25th June, 2007 - 7:21 pm
You must be registered for see images attach
Arizona Republic -
The owners of the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves have begun talks for a trade that would involve sending Kevin Garnett to the Lakers, NBA sources said Monday.

The talks turned into discussions about a four-way deal among the Lakers, Timberwolves, Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics , in which the Lakers would have gotten Garnett. However, the deal broke down, reportedly because the Celtics did not like what they would have gotten, ending the four-way negotiations.

The Lakers are now back to direct two-team talks with the Timberwolves. However, sources say, Minnesota General Manager Kevin McHale wants young players and high draft choices and isn't keen on the Lakers' offer of Andrew Bynum, who is young (19), and Lamar Odom (27), who isn't. [READ]

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deal off:

Celtics Pull Out Of Four-Way KG Deal 25th June, 2007 - 7:21 pm
You must be registered for see images attach
Arizona Republic -
The owners of the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves have begun talks for a trade that would involve sending Kevin Garnett to the Lakers, NBA sources said Monday.

The talks turned into discussions about a four-way deal among the Lakers, Timberwolves, Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics , in which the Lakers would have gotten Garnett. However, the deal broke down, reportedly because the Celtics did not like what they would have gotten, ending the four-way negotiations.

The Lakers are now back to direct two-team talks with the Timberwolves. However, sources say, Minnesota General Manager Kevin McHale wants young players and high draft choices and isn't keen on the Lakers' offer of Andrew Bynum, who is young (19), and Lamar Odom (27), who isn't. [READ]

I don't think the MT were serious anyway. Again, I think it's a pressure ploy to get the Suns to cave to the MT demands.

PS. Link please.

Last edited:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
And the suns continue to hold their breath for a last minute deal to lead the team to victory!

Go Suns!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think the MT were serious anyway. Again, I think it's a pressure ploy to get the Suns to cave to the MT demands.

Is there anything the McHale could do that would NOT be interpreted as part of a scheme to get Amare? :confused:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anything the McHale could do that would NOT be interpreted as part of a scheme to get Amare? :confused:

Sure, he could ask for Marcus Banks and the rest of our bench players for KG. That would be more of a ploy to get free admission to the loony bin.

:pullhair::doi:

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm not surprised the Celtics pulled out, if they did. They get hosed in that deal. Top five pick for JO? He's injury prone and he's got three years and a total of ~60 million on his contract. The Lakers wouldn't trade Bynum and Odem for JO straight up, so I can't see why the Celtics would give up #5 and other pieces for him . . .

cly2tw

Reaction score
Kobe+KG+basically nothing isn't contending in the West anyway.

With two players making more than 40mil together, no picks, no cap rooms, how do they want to compete for anything? And KG is not Shaq who'd draw triple team every play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With two players making more than 40mil together, no picks, no cap rooms, how do they want to compete for anything?

MLE, LLE, Luke Walton, Vlad Rad, Turiaf (who almost everyone here likes) - not great, but all you need to do with KG/KObe is surround them with decent role players and you've got a much better team. Thye could do that with the MLE, LLE and the guys above - they would likely not be a top three team, but it's a hill of beans better than the drek they were this year. Hell, look at what the Rokcets accomplished with T-Mac/Half of Yao and a whole bunch of crap - top 4 seed - there's no reason to think the Lakers couldn't do that if they made a deal like this.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
#1. Why would Garnett want to go from the Timberwolves to the Lakers?

#2. The lakers really suck and have little to actually offer in a trade, OTHER than Kobe. Bynum.. ahem sucks so far.

This is more of what I was talking about before.. local media is pushing a pro-MY TEAM agenda. Obviously the media love the Lakers.

The Lakers should be pushing hard to sign Chauncy Billups and give up on useless trade fantasies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05