Knight Suffers ACL Tear

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's rehabbing already and looks to be in great shape. He hashtagged the Suns in his post also so I imagine he plans on returning to the team when he's healthy. I know there was talk of him having played his last game as a Suns last season but I don't see why he'd tag the Suns in a post while he's out for the year if that was truly the case. I think Gambo reported that he saw Watson's firing as a good thing and Bledsoe's exit as an opportunity, we'll see.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's good to see. I for one don't think he got his fair chance to prove himself with all the happenings going on. The guard shuffling, lack of a system, coach, etc.

A fresh start. Hopefully his athleticism didn't escape him too much due to the injury, but maybe it'll make him work on his shot more.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When he returns I hope he can be the player he was in Milwaukee and short of that at least a solid starting PG who doesn't hurt the team when he's on the court. It would be great if he was able to be a good starting PG, we need that right now and in the future and Knight is still young enough to be part of the timeline if he can produce for us. Since we're stuck with him on the books anyways we might as well see how he'd perform next season before entering into buyout discussions. I'd much rather see him on the court than Mike James. Who would have thought that Knight would be missed this season?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Throwing Knight into a 3 PG lineup was stupid. Making him play the backup SG spot was stupid.

Honestly at his point he MIGHT be the best option going into next season. It's amazing to think the Suns went from guys like Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas to Knight. But here we are. That said, it's not like Knight didn't have any talent. And at this point he's essentially untradeable so I'm not opposed to seeing what he could do as a starter alongside Booker, Warren, etc. Might be able to take some scoring pressure off those guys.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
When he returns I hope he can be the player he was in Milwaukee and short of that at least a solid starting PG who doesn't hurt the team when he's on the court. It would be great if he was able to be a good starting PG, we need that right now and in the future and Knight is still young enough to be part of the timeline if he can produce for us. Since we're stuck with him on the books anyways we might as well see how he'd perform next season before entering into buyout discussions. I'd much rather see him on the court than Mike James. Who would have thought that Knight would be missed this season?
But he sucked in Milwaukee. The Suns were hoping a change of local would unleash his potential. BK was never good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At least the Suns do not need him to play PG anymore. Ha Ha :wink2:

A fresh start can't hurt.

OP
OP
ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Knight has always had a lot of talent, but his decision-making and mentality were disastrous. Those things tend not to drastically change for the better out of nowhere.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But he sucked in Milwaukee. The Suns were hoping a change of local would unleash his potential. BK was never good.

He hasn't been a lights out shooter but in his last year in MIL he shot 40% from 3pt. He averaged over 17.5pts, 5 ast, 4 reb & 1.3 stl in his 2 years in MIL, he didn't suck. In fact, he was considered a big All Star snub his second season in MIL.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He hasn't been a lights out shooter but in his last year in MIL he shot 40% from 3pt. He averaged over 17.5pts, 5 ast, 4 reb & 1.3 stl in his 2 years in MIL, he didn't suck. In fact, he was considered a big All Star snub his second season in MIL.
The Bucks fans were all laughin their buts off the day of the trade. If you look back at their boards they couldn’t believe they were able to unload him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Throwing Knight into a 3 PG lineup was stupid. Making him play the backup SG spot was stupid.

Honestly at his point he MIGHT be the best option going into next season. It's amazing to think the Suns went from guys like Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas to Knight. But here we are. That said, it's not like Knight didn't have any talent. And at this point he's essentially untradeable so I'm not opposed to seeing what he could do as a starter alongside Booker, Warren, etc. Might be able to take some scoring pressure off those guys.

Might?

Ulis and James aren't starters. Can't hurt at this point.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks fans were all laughin their buts off the day of the trade. If you look back at their boards they couldn’t believe they were able to unload him.

Knight was considered an All-Star snub the year he came here. The knock on him was he wasn't the PG that Jason Kidd wanted not that he was a bad player. You shouldn't judge a trade based on how fans view it. The salary dump to move Marcus Morris was seen as a good move by Suns fans but was it? How about the trade sending Markieff out of town? Suns fans were happy to get rid of them but they were good players here and where they went just because Suns fans didn't like them didn't mean we won both trades sending them out of town.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Knight was considered an All-Star snub the year he came here. The knock on him was he wasn't the PG that Jason Kidd wanted not that he was a bad player. You shouldn't judge a trade based on how fans view it. The salary dump to move Marcus Morris was seen as a good move by Suns fans but was it? How about the trade sending Markieff out of town? Suns fans were happy to get rid of them but they were good players here and where they went just because Suns fans didn't like them didn't mean we won both trades sending them out of town.
Suns are obviously stuck with him but I️ don’t think he solves any problems. Last season he was a major problem.

OP
OP
ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm confused...

I thought the plan was not to tank next year, so why play Brandon Knight? :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are obviously stuck with him but I️ don’t think he solves any problems. Last season he was a major problem.

I'm hoping Knight improves enough so we can include him in a trade at a future time.

Only two more seasons after this. :cool:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The best things being said about Knight involve his scoring, but they still refer to him as a Point Guard.

His only role on a young, young team would be as instant offense off the bench. Number 11 in the rotation, like Barbosa.

He has failed every test as a facilitator or making the players around him better. Even if we are stuck with him, I hope he is not in our Point Guard rotation.

Happily, we are down to one dinosaur, having had as many as three. That is still one too many PGINO on this team (Point Guard in name only).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The best things being said about Knight involve his scoring, but they still refer to him as a Point Guard.

His only role on a young, young team would be as instant offense off the bench. Number 11 in the rotation, like Barbosa.

He has failed every test as a facilitator or making the players around him better. Even if we are stuck with him, I hope he is not in our Point Guard rotation.

Happily, we are down to one dinosaur, having had as many as three. That is still one too many PGINO on this team (Point Guard in name only).

This what they tried last year. They wanted him to be Crawford. Failed miserably.

Bad
Not good
Very bad

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Knight hasn’t been good. I don’t know how an injury is going to improve his game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not the injury that will improve his game it's (hopefully) having a competent coach that gets the best out of him. Watson didn't know how to play Knight, as a starter or as a reserve. Hopefully his struggles have humbled him so he's more open to the coaching going forward. He needs to play to his strengths and as a PG also find the strengths of his teammates and set them up to produce.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's not the injury that will improve his game it's (hopefully) having a competent coach that gets the best out of him. Watson didn't know how to play Knight, as a starter or as a reserve. Hopefully his struggles have humbled him so he's more open to the coaching going forward. He needs to play to his strengths and as a PG also find the strengths of his teammates and set them up to produce.
Hope that the injury improves his game. Become humble. Be more open to coaching. Play to his strengths. Find the strengths of his teammates. Set them up to produce.

Two of the six might be do-able. Three would be a miracle. Four, five or all six? Based on past performance, I wouldn't bet a dollar with 100-to-one odds. I'd rather have a 3 Musketeers bar. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll go on record as skeptical a single of those things occurs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope that the injury improves his game. #1. Become humble. #2. Be more open to coaching. #3. Play to his strengths. #4. Find the strengths of his teammates. #5. Set them up to produce.

Two of the six might be do-able. Three would be a miracle. Four, five or all six? Based on past performance, I wouldn't bet a dollar with 100-to-one odds. I'd rather have a 3 Musketeers bar. :)

I don't think he can all 6 since you only listed 5 things. ;) Unless you're saying improves his game is one, in which case that's awfully vague and one of the other 5 will be an improvement to his game. If you're referring to my post, I don't think I listed 6 things either and am at 5 as well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
As long as Knight's primary offensive weapon is a contested 20-footer early in the shot clock, he'll always be a liability.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Didn't want Knight from the get go and would only give him PT to showcase him. I'd be tickled if it only cost a second round pick to ship him out.