Knight Suffers ACL Tear

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don't think he can all 6 since you only listed 5 things. ;) Unless you're saying improves his game is one, in which case that's awfully vague and one of the other 5 will be an improvement to his game. If you're referring to my post, I don't think I listed 6 things either and am at 5 as well.
Yes, I did include "Hope that the injury improves his game" as one of the six, as Ouchie said in Post 94.

'Reminds me of the ol' joke. A man had a crooked finger operated on and asked the doctor, "Doc, will I be able to play the piano now?" and the doctor said, "Yes." The patient replies, "That's great, I could never play the piano before my injury." Yup, that's Knight.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think it's odd there are no updates or mentions from the Suns organization regarding Knight's progress.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think it's odd there are no updates or mentions from the Suns organization regarding Knight's progress.

What is there to update? They said he had successful surgery after it happened and that he'd be out for the entire season. There really isn't anything to update. I think we'll hear about him in April, when the season is winding down and the commentators start looking ahead to next season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns will buyout Knight at the right time. IMO, he is not part of the Suns future.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is there to update? They said he had successful surgery after it happened and that he'd be out for the entire season. There really isn't anything to update. I think we'll hear about him in April, when the season is winding down and the commentators start looking ahead to next season.

They could at least say something positive about the Knight situation...

"we are looking forward to having Knight back"
"Knight is progressing well..."

Doesn't have to necessarily be true what they spinning but it is weird to have it be this quite about him throughout the entire season. Just seems like the current FO has some sort of disconnect with its players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doesn't have to necessarily be true what they spinning but it is weird to have it be this quite about him throughout the entire season. Just seems like the current FO has some sort of disconnect with its players.

I read a tweet (I believe by Bordow) awhile back... couldn't find it... that hinted that Knight was likely not a part of the Suns future.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

If they have decided the Knight is not part of our future (which I wholeheartedly agree with), why announce it now?

It would just be another case of trying to unload an unwanted player while trying to get something decent in return.

In this case, I'll stick up for the Front Office. Surprise, surprise. :thumbup:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns are keeping an open mind about Knight, however, it's hard to see him resume his former prominence in the Suns plans.

On January 19th, in a response to a question on twitter, Scott Bordow responded as follows about Knight's future with the Suns.

scott bordow‏Verified account@sbordow

They talk about him a lot and I guess if they didn't improve their point guard position in the offseason he would figure into their plans but it's hard to imagine him playing a big role given everything that's gone on last couple of seasons

5:28 PM - 19 Jan 2018

I'm thinking this is still a fair assessment.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm somewhat optimistic about Knights return, that's how bad the Suns PG's have been this year. He can't be worse than Ulis has been this year, or how bad Mike James was as the starting PG. If he has a good coach that can get him to be more of a facilitator and gets him to refrain from taking those long 2's early in the shot clock, that will be an improvement. Perhaps he can rehab his career some and raise his trade value. I'm not holding out hope he'll be the player he was in Milwaukee when we traded for him but if he could play at that level I'd be ok with keeping him. If we have Knight as our starting PG alongside Booker, who will have half a season of PG under his belt, perhaps they can be a good tandem.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm somewhat optimistic about Knights return, that's how bad the Suns PG's have been this year. He can't be worse than Ulis has been this year, or how bad Mike James was as the starting PG. If he has a good coach that can get him to be more of a facilitator and gets him to refrain from taking those long 2's early in the shot clock, that will be an improvement. Perhaps he can rehab his career some and raise his trade value. I'm not holding out hope he'll be the player he was in Milwaukee when we traded for him but if he could play at that level I'd be ok with keeping him. If we have Knight as our starting PG alongside Booker, who will have half a season of PG under his belt, perhaps they can be a good tandem.
Is it optimism when your own evaluation is "He can't be worse than Ulis", "How bad Mike James was", "Get him to be more of a facilitator", "Get him to refrain from taking those long 2's early in the shot clock" and "Perhaps he can rehab".

We're talking about a facilitator for the rest of this young team going forward. And eliminating the need for our leading scorer to become full time Point Guard as well.

Knight is not a Point Guard. He is a hacker in a small body. We can do better. We need to do better!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what he can bring off the bench next season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure if there's anything to this or not, I would think not, but who knows. I noticed Knight on the bench during the last few games and he posted a pic of himself in uniform to his instagram yesterday. What raises some questions though is he's wearing the new style like the team wore during the game yesterday. They didn't have those jerseys last year so it's not an old pic. He had surgery 8 months ago with typical recovery time is between 8-12 months. He is young and could be ready to go, or close to it. We'll see what happens.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there's anything to this or not, I would think not, but who knows. I noticed Knight on the bench during the last few games and he posted a pic of himself in uniform to his instagram yesterday. What raises some questions though is he's wearing the new style like the team wore during the game yesterday. They didn't have those jerseys last year so it's not an old pic. He had surgery 8 months ago with typical recovery time is between 8-12 months. He is young and could be ready to go, or close to it. We'll see what happens.

The Suns also showed a video clip of a Knight dunk during the Thunder game. It brought back memories of what this young man can do on the court.

Minimally Knight can be a bench player with the right attitude.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
He has been on the bench supporting his teammates and getting excited during the game. Looks like he is getting along with his team. He could replace Daniels in the line up, but like what Daniels has done. Night is still a better overall player.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Knight would probably take Ulis' (or Harrison's) minutes behind Payton, no? Daniels might not be as versatile as Knight but he's by far the best shooter to spread the floor off the bench. That role is pretty valuable to this team.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If he’s gonna be of any use at all I hope he’s in the gym shooting 1000 threes a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yeah, and in four seconds or less without passing the ball.