Kobe Bryant to Knicks?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
You're judging Bynum from the what, 20 impressive games this season? Bynum is better in the post than Gasol because of 20 games he played well in?

25 max?

I dont get it how people can be so enamored with Bynum. He barely made a dent in this season. I keep hoping that im going to wake up one of these days and find out everyone's bynum crush was just a big joke like the Chuck Norris cult following.

Bynum's 20 games in LA is like 200 anywhere else. It's LA, hell Smush Parker was getting features done on him by the national media his first season there.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Bynum has been showing flashes of his talent since his rookie year. This is the first year he got starter minutes and he made the most of them. That's not really the topic here though. If you want to debate how good or bad Bynum is as a player, we can talk about it in the Smack Shack.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Bynum has been showing flashes of his talent since his rookie year. This is the first year he got starter minutes and he made the most of them. That's not really the topic here though. If you want to debate how good or bad Bynum is as a player, we can talk about it in the Smack Shack.

I think Bynum is good don't get me wrong, but Cedric Ceballos made the All Star team in LA, there is a media bump no doubt.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Bynum is scheduled for MORE surgery soon by the way.

Maybe he can push out another 20 legit games next season!

OP
OP
M

mack2323

Reaction score
LeBron is younger, and he's a great player playing in the arm pit of the league. He'll be an easy steal for the Knicks.

You're rigth, but Kobe is proven talent and on his prime, he is good for another 8 years. Kobe will eat Lebron alive when he go East. Imagine Kobe in up tempo game. How may 50 pt game he will do in this kind of game. Maybe Lebron will be a Laker if Kobe end up in the East.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Did you miss Kobe's MVP press conference, when he said he wanted to be Laker for life?

I don't even know why I am wasting my time on this, but you could not be more wrong.

I also heard the interview with Kobe and Stephen A. Smith where he said he wanted to leave only to take it back which what seemed to me a nanosecond later. Maybe he was just caught up in the moment @ the press conference and didn't mean it. :D

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laker fan's everywhere would need many years of group therapy if Kobe was ever to leave L.A.
You must be registered for see images

Try again. We are Lakers fans.

OP
OP
M

mack2323

Reaction score
What exactly do the Lakers run right now? Kobe does play in an up tempo style. They aren't the grind it out, half court team from the 2000.

You're right, from time to time they ran but the majority of their game are run through triangle offense. But it will come down to money issue. And if you think the Lakers woud pay I'll respect your opinion. I'm just saying the Knicks is just around the corner and they have a total of 33 million of expiring contract if Kobe opt out in 2009. There are no other team in the league that could lure away Kobe from the Lakers except the Knicks.

I like Kobe to stay with Lakers for life. But they reality is we don't know until Jerry Buss say he'll pay him at any cost.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard a deal is close to being finalized. He may even be traded before the WCF begin.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Mulli has heard it all the way in Chicago, the deal HAS to be imminent!
Yes, and I will be in NYC this weekend, so I will keep you posted on what I hear. As you know, I am familiar with both the Bulls, Suns, Knicks, and Lakers. So there you go...

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and I will be in NYC this weekend, so I will keep you posted on what I hear. As you know, I am familiar with both the Bulls, Suns, Knicks, and Lakers. So there you go...

Internet said:
The St Paul Pioneer Press reports Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant will likely be traded to the New York Knicks prior to the start of the Western Conference Finals. The deal appears to be a four-team blockbuster, also involving the Chicago Bulls and the Phoenix Suns.

:thud:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This deal should be finalized tomorrow.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This deal should be finalized tomorrow.
During my trip to NYC, I heard nothing that would rule out this deal going down in two to three weeks.

I also saw Donna Summer entering Trump Tower.

OP
OP
M

mack2323

Reaction score
This is what is going to happen when the Celtics win The Championship.

Post game interview

Press: Kobe, since you fell short of winning the Championship what are your plans next season?

Kobe: Well, I would like to be traded or I'll have Phil Jackson fired. I don't think the NBA would let Phil get his 10th championship ring as a coach ever.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this trade might happen before Game 6.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the trade goes down tonight.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In order to bring balance to the world, you'd have to accept something like Malik Rose and a 1st round pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05