Barbosa
Marion
Diaw
1st round pick next year from ATL.

For;

Kobe "the rapist" Bryant.
Someone else.
Someone else.

(Marion and Leandro are good for what 35 points a game - at least.)

Then we have

Kobe
Stoudemire
Nash

:shock:

Throw Battier and Ginobli on that roster and I would offically hate the Suns.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
You guys are absolutely nuts about Marion. The Suns get calls every single year about Marion. If Marion didn't have any trade value or wasn't considered an all-star his name wouldn't keep coming up. D'Antoni said on 620 that they listen every single year but that doesn't mean they want to trade him. Meaning teams keep asking about him.

Come on. Some of you people need to get off your Marion hating. He is an all-star. There is demand for him. If you want to argue what you could get in return fine. However, to act like he isn't worth anything is just :doi:.

Bravo. Well said. I just don't get the Marion hate. Fans from other teams think it is nuts - most would love Marion playing for them. He's a bball swiss army knife, and one of the top 5 SF in the game.

For that matter, I don't get the overall angst about this Suns team right now. It is a great, great team. We are so very close to a title. A few tweaks, a few minor changes, another year of maturity with a stable roster, and we are there.

Yes, losing to the Spurs and getting jacked by Stern sucked. But it wasn't Marion's fault. It just wasn't our year. Doesn't mean we should blow it all up.

Frankly, as much as I love Jerry C, he pushed the panic button too much in the 90's. The Thunder Dan trade being a prime example.

Until this roster fails at full strength to win a ring, I cannot see a rational reason to make major changes. This does assume Sarver can make the $$ work while this team plays at the current level. But that's why he is an owner...I'm betting he can find the money while they are winning.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Bravo. Well said. I just don't get the Marion hate. Fans from other teams think it is nuts - most would love Marion playing for them. He's a bball swiss army knife, and one of the top 5 SF in the game.

For that matter, I don't get the overall angst about this Suns team right now. It is a great, great team. We are so very close to a title. A few tweaks, a few minor changes, another year of maturity with a stable roster, and we are there.

Yes, losing to the Spurs and getting jacked by Stern sucked. But it wasn't Marion's fault. It just wasn't our year. Doesn't mean we should blow it all up.

Frankly, as much as I love Jerry C, he pushed the panic button too much in the 90's. The Thunder Dan trade being a prime example.

Until this roster fails at full strength to win a ring, I cannot see a rational reason to make major changes. This does assume Sarver can make the $$ work while this team plays at the current level. But that's why he is an owner...I'm betting he can find the money while they are winning.

Marion is an egotistical nightmare. He doesnt care if the teams winning, as long as he gets credit. It must drive D'antoni crazy worrying about Shawns "mental state" after every loss or win. If the Suns win, Marion is wondering why nobody see's him as the reason why. When the Suns lose, he thinks everyone see's him as the reason why.

Thats some messed up stuff right there, and very team un-friendly. I don't hate him, but this kind of mentality is dangerous to team chemistry. Didnt Dantoni mention this problem?

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Marion is an egotistical nightmare. He doesnt care if the teams winning, as long as he gets credit. It must drive D'antoni crazy worrying about Shawns "mental state" after every loss or win. If the Suns win, Marion is wondering why nobody see's him as the reason why. When the Suns lose, he thinks everyone see's him as the reason why.

Thats some messed up stuff right there, and very team un-friendly. I don't hate him, but this kind of mentality is dangerous to team chemistry. Didnt Dantoni mention this problem?

:lame:

Oh, give it a rest! An "egotistical nightmare"? "Doesn't care if the team is winning?" Where is there proof of this, besides what has been cooked up in the minds of posters on this board?

Has D'Antoni every mentioned Shawn's 'mental state'? I only recall comments about a reduced sense of 'team' this year vs last - with most media speculating that it was due to Amare. I'm not blaming either Amare or Marion - that's for the Suns coaches to manage.

By all accounts, Marion is a good teammate, a nice guy, and a hard worker who gets in a funk sometimes. I don't think that makes him an 'egotistical nightmare'. Sounds like he is human.

Last edited: