Kubiak wants Frank Bush

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
The other teams in general allow coaches interview for coordinator positions. The teams that don't are few and apparently we are one of them.

Untrue.

More correct to say that's possible we do that in late January and that is a very different thing.

It's also untrue to say that other teams allow this. I suspect few would allow this by late Jan. It would be different in early Jan.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
No they wouldnt, and to calrify they havent done anything bush league yet, but even the idea of it puts you into protector of the Cards organization mode. .

You make mine and some others point. There is nothing about this that says it's bush league.

joeshmo said:
And becuase another team does it, it means its OK for us to do it, nice logic there.

Who says it's wrong? You and what 5 or 10 posters on a message board?

Again I don't really see the harm in either scenario, I just don't get the card bashing over it.

joeshmo said:
Baggett is one of Sabans best coaches and was seen as a possible canidate for their in house OC position, if another really good one didnt come along like what happened then Baggett was his 2nd choice. Denying permission in circumstance is completely understandable. If Saban knew that Mularky was going to take the OC job he would have allowed the Rams permission.

As for the other ones, we dont the circumstances with them. Did the position coach tell them to deny permission, for exampleOwner A tells coach that Owner B wants to talk to you, Coach likes where he is at and tells Owner A tell them no, this happens more times then you think, some coaches just dont want to be a head coach, OC, or DC, Just take a look at Sullivan he only became a OC becuase we begged him so much. You also have to consider how much money were they offering compared to what they are getting paid right now, ect. those facts just were not given. Plus not to mention those were few and far between examples. More times then not permission is granted, that is a simple fact that cannot be disputed.

again you make a point that we all should agree on.. there is no way to say what will happen or what all the facts are.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
clif said:
Who says it's wrong? You and what 5 or 10 posters on a message board?

Then you havent been following football for very long. Everyone and their brother except for you knows about this unwritten rule in football. Talk to any NFL reporter, coach, email Urban or Sommers they usually get back to you in a timely manner with your questions and are honest about them, dening a request depending on circumstances for a coach to get a promotion is Bush league simple as that.

clif said:
Again I don't really see the harm in either scenario, I just don't get the card bashing over it.

No harm, they would be dening a guy to better himself in a job that could eventually lead to bigger things. Not cool at all. What if another company called the company you work for asking permission to break your contract so you can become a CEO for their Company. You would be pissed off seeing it from the other end of the scenerio, and your company would look like jerks in there field.

Also there hasnt been any Cards bashing. Have they denied the request that we know of yet, and what is the pay scale, ect. We just dont know. We are not bashing the Cards, far from it. We are bashing the practice of denying teams the ability to talk to an assistant to better themselves as a HC, OC or DC, no matter what team does it.

spanky1

Reaction score
The problem I have is that he will Co- Defensive Co-Ordinator. These days teams are circumventing the spirit by making everyone Assistant HC's. It's the same here......call him what you want, he will still be their LB coach should he go and at our expense....given the time of year we are at. I say make him stay put and if at the end of the season next year he is still on Houston's radar screen, let him interview for it then.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
The problem I have is that he will Co- Defensive Co-Ordinator. These days teams are circumventing the spirit by making everyone Assistant HC's.

And this is very true as well.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
So what about....

NO PERMISSION FOR PACKERS
[FONT=georgia, arial]
You must be registered for see images
The Titans reportedly denied a request from the Green Bay Packers to interview linebackers coach Dave McGinnis for the team's defensive coordinator position.
Reports in Green Bay said the Packers had an interest in McGinnis after defensive coordinator Jim Bates resigned this week. He had been passed over by the Packers in the hiring of their new coach.
Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher had said he expected McGinnis to receiver some interest with all the vacant jobs available this off-season. McGinnis joined the Titans after being fired by the Cardinals three years ago.

Sounds to me everyone does this.. for some reason our BS local Media tries to play it off like the Cards are the only ones and from the sound of it some of you have fallen for it hook line and sinker.
[/FONT]

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SweetD said:
[FONT=georgia, arial]
The Titans reportedly denied a request from the Green Bay Packers to interview linebackers coach Dave McGinnis for the team's defensive coordinator position.
Reports in Green Bay said the Packers had an interest in McGinnis after defensive coordinator Jim Bates resigned this week. He had been passed over by the Packers in the hiring of their new coach.
Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher had said he expected McGinnis to receiver some interest with all the vacant jobs available this off-season. McGinnis joined the Titans after being fired by the Cardinals three years ago.

Sounds to me everyone does this.. for some reason our BS local Media tries to play it off like the Cards are the only ones and from the sound of it some of you have fallen for it hook line and sinker.
[/FONT]

The Titans must have a real commitment to staying horrible.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SweetD said:
[FONT=georgia, arial]

[/FONT]

:thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
SweetD said:

Another example of trying to use a story as proof, and not looking at the whole story. A few things you need to know. One, there was no real pay raise for the new job. Two, Mac is perfectly happy where he is at he loves Fisher, his staff, and what he is doing. We have no idea if Fisher asked Mac if he wanted to deny or give permission to GB or not. Fisher himself alluded to the fact he thought Mac was going to get a lot of offers and knowing Fisher and that comment he was perfectly fine with letting Mac get a promotion if it was what Mac wanted and the cirumstances were right.

And what exactly have we got from the local media about this, to so called hook us.:shrug:

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I think he may talking about the report on 910 from Jurecki. But you gotta take everything Jurecki says with a grain of salt now.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Redsz said:
I think he may talking about the report on 910 from Jurecki. But you gotta take everything Jurecki says with a grain of salt now.

All that report said was that Bush was unhappy and we dont pay our assistants. That changes nothing about my view on the league wide practice, not just the Cards.

Yet people still think it is some kind of Cards bashing (which is coming from the overly sensitive ones who think any little thing is cards bashing no matter how valid it is or not) when that couldnt be further from the truth, is bashing the practice, not the team.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Redsz said:

MJ is actually starting to regain quite a bit of credibility in my mind. In the past he would be so vague about stuff you would just roll your eyes. But I think this might be pretty legit, the stuff we are all commenting on is the article clif put with his first post.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
You know, this is the one coach I really don't care if he leaves. I think you have to give him the opportunity to take a promotion, and I believe there are many good LB coaches to be had. If he leaves, we'll replace him, and so far Denny has done a good job picking defensive coaches.

Our LBs, with the exception of Dansby, also missed a lot of tackles last year, especially in the games we lost, so maybe this will be a blessing in disguide...

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
MJ is actually starting to regain quite a bit of credibility in my mind. In the past he would be so vague about stuff you would just roll your eyes. But I think this might be pretty legit, the stuff we are all commenting on is the article clif put with his first post.

MJ is becoming credible? My world has just been turned upside down. :D

I personally hope he is right about Ross moving to guard. Thanks for clearing that up for me BTY.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line from my viewpoint is that Bush just signed a contract at the end of the season to stay with the Cards. Now someone has offered him more money with a bogus coordiantor title. He is the lb coach here and will be the lb coach there.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
SweetD said:
[FONT=georgia, arial]

Damn you Fisher! The Packers are on our schedule next year.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
The problem I have is that he will Co- Defensive Co-Ordinator. These days teams are circumventing the spirit by making everyone Assistant HC's. It's the same here......call him what you want, he will still be their LB coach should he go and at our expense....given the time of year we are at. I say make him stay put and if at the end of the season next year he is still on Houston's radar screen, let him interview for it then.

Supposedly the collective bargaining agreement will address this. The NFL is not happy with teams trading coaches like players.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Why don't we just tell Kubiak that Frank Kush is available, instead! If we get him drunk enough, the K will look like a B.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Other teams eye Cards’ assistant coaches

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=57790

Darren Urban said:
January 26, 2006Cardinals coach Dennis Green worked quickly to reconfigure his coaching staff after the season, but he may have more vacancies to fill in the near future.Running backs coach Kirby Wilson was granted permission to interview with the New Orleans Saints for a job on Sean Payton’s new staff, while new Houston coach Gary Kubiak wants Cards linebackers coach Frank Bush to be one of his co-defensive coordinators. Bush worked with Kubiak on Denver’s staff and was a player, coach and scout for the former Houston Oilers.

Under Kubiak’s plan, Bush would share coordinator duties with Richard Smith, who is currently under contract with Miami. As of Wednesday, the Texans have not yet asked the Cardinals for permission to speak to Bush.

Bush’s problem is that he recently re-signed with Arizona, so Green and the Cardinals would have to release him from his contract to take the job. There has been a recent trend for teams not to do so — teams are not obligated to let assistants go, even if it means a promotion and just last week, the Cards declined to let new offensive line coach Steve Loney interview with St. Louis as their offensive coordinator.

Loney, however, just signed with the Cardinals earlier this month, while Bush has been in Arizona both seasons under Green.

Wilson has more flexibility, since he has yet to sign his new contract with the Cardinals and his current deal is believed to expire early next month.

All the coaches in the league are in Mobile, Ala., this week to scout Senior Bowl practices.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arizona Sports Report (within the past 12 hours) suggested that Bush would be allowed to leave to join Kubiak. (It's hard to know if this is fresh news or a rehashing of something earlier from MJ).

seesred

Reaction score
I herad that as well. The problem with Fox is they never back it up with who said what or an interview. They just say it looks like Bush is going to Texas. Boy that sounds political? They said he was a long time friend of Kubiac(spelling). That was the whole report, meanwhile next day in the paper nothing new.

GBR

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Arizona Sports Report (within the past 12 hours) suggested that Bush would be allowed to leave to join Kubiak. (It's hard to know if this is fresh news or a rehashing of something earlier from MJ).

And if that happens, my apologies to the Cardinals for infering that they would be so bush league.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score

By Darren Urban, Tribune
January 26, 2006

Cardinals coach Dennis Green worked quickly to reconfigure his coaching staff after the season, but he may have more vacancies to fill in the near future.

Running backs coach Kirby Wilson was granted permission to interview with the New Orleans Saints for a job on Sean Payton’s new staff, while new Houston coach Gary Kubiak wants Cards linebackers coach Frank Bush to be one of his co-defensive coordinators. Bush worked with Kubiak on Denver’s staff and was a player, coach and scout for the former Houston Oilers.

Under Kubiak’s plan, Bush would share coordinator duties with Richard Smith, who is currently under contract with Miami. As of Wednesday, the Texans have not yet asked the Cardinals for permission to speak to Bush.

Bush’s problem is that he recently re-signed with Arizona, so Green and the Cardinals would have to release him from his contract to take the job. There has been a recent trend for teams not to do so — teams are not obligated to let assistants go, even if it means a promotion — and just last week, the Cards declined to let new offensive line coach Steve Loney interview with St. Louis as their offensive coordinator.

Loney, however, just signed with the Cardinals earlier this month, while Bush has been in Arizona both seasons under Green.

Wilson has more flexibility, since he has yet to sign his new contract with the Cardinals and his current deal is believed to expire early next month.

All the coaches in the league are in Mobile, Ala., this week to scout Senior Bowl practices.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser