Lee?

cly2tw

Reaction score
D'Antoni wasn't asked about David Lee, one of the Knicks' more valuable assets. Lee can rebound and run but D'Antoni tends to favor forwards who can shoot. In fact, a Suns official claims that when the team discussed the possibility of drafting Lee in 2005, D'Antoni wasn't enamored with the idea.

The possibility of Lee being packaged in a trade with a teammate with a big contract (Malik Rose) is a distinct possibility.

"I don't (think) anything is off the table," D'Antoni said of the roster in general. "I think you go in every day and turn over every stone, 'How do we make the team better?' It might not happen so you're going to have to win what you have."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...08-05-14_stephon_marbury_may_bounce_back.html

So, could we have the Diaw for Lee/Rose trade?:)

Follow that up with LB/Tucker/#15 for MikeMiller/Lowry. Sign Gira, Azubuike, KT or Diop, Marks, LintonJohnson. We win the title next year!

PS: The team would start Shaq/Amare/Miller/Bell/Nash with bench of Lee/KT/Marks/Hill/Giricek/Azubuike/Lowry/DJ. That's 13 deep!

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd want a swap picks with NY in that trade too.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumbtoni is an idiot and will run that knicks team even further into the ground.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumbtoni is an idiot and will run that knicks team even further into the ground.

hmm...

I did 25 pushups yesterday, must be my subconscience telling me that I'm going to lose that bet.

Haren

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know how this would make the Knicks a "better team." Assuming he can convince them to make this trade, though, who would we have start at the 3? Grant Hill would be better off coming off the bench, so I'm not sure what they would do there.

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
I don't know how this would make the Knicks a "better team." Assuming he can convince them to make this trade, though, who would we have start at the 3? Grant Hill would be better off coming off the bench, so I'm not sure what they would do there.

We still have the trade asset in LB and the #15. With Lee, we don't need any available big at #15 anyway.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You serious? I thought we'd make out like bandit already!:D

I think D'Antoni thinks higher of Diaw that the rest of you, and would expect to have to pay more in a trade...

corrado

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I would LOVE to see the Suns get Lee. He is a rebounding machine and with adequate minutes would have a good chance for a double (rebounding plus points) night in and night out.

Haren

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think Amare and Diaw can coexist and was afraid we wouldn't be able to trade Diaw because of his horrible contract, but if we could pull this off, I would be ecstatic. Trading LB/Tucker/#15 for Miller/Lowry wouldn't be such a bad idea, either, considering we're going to need a starting 3 with Diaw gone and we all know how badly we need a backup point guard.

corrado

Registered
Reaction score
Haren

I also like that idea. If we could get Lee or get Miller/Lowry I would be estatic.

Haren

Veteran
Reaction score
D'Antoni wasn't asked about David Lee, one of the Knicks' more valuable assets. Lee can rebound and run but D'Antoni tends to favor forwards who can shoot. In fact, a Suns official claims that when the team discussed the possibility of drafting Lee in 2005, D'Antoni wasn't enamored with the idea.
I can't believe I missed this part. If this is true, it pretty much proves how much of an idiot he really is.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
If we could turn LB and Diaw into Mike Miller and David Lee, I would cry sweet tears of joy. Don't see it happening though.

Plus, we could run the NBA's first all-pasty team with:

Steve Nash
Gordan Giricek
Mike Miller
David Lee
Sean Marks

and blind the other team into submission!

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
If we could turn LB and Diaw into Mike Miller and David Lee, I would cry sweet tears of joy. Don't see it happening though.

Plus, we could run the NBA's first all-pasty team with:

Steve Nash
Gordan Giricek
Mike Miller
David Lee
Sean Marks

and blind the other team into submission!

:lmao: Did you see that Laker line up for a few minutes in the 2nd half last night? Radmanovich, Farmar, Walton, Vujacic, and Gasol!

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lee is a Marion-type in terms of hustling... minus the ability to slash and shoot the occasional corner 3.

Kerr should really pursue adding Lee.

If it must be Barbosa then do it, Diaw will come handy at the 3 spot however.

If it takes Diaw then, Barbosa would probably stay and the 15th will be used for a "scoring" swingman.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If D'Antoni's first move in NY is to trade Lee for Diaw the fans will have his head.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:lmao: Did you see that Laker line up for a few minutes in the 2nd half last night? Radmanovich, Farmar, Walton, Vujacic, and Gasol!

I think utah had deron, korver, kirilenko, harpring, okur on at the same time.

Budden

Registered
Reaction score
Wow.. if D'Antoni gets rid of Lee, he really is dumber then I thought.

Haha, this thread is a little ridiculous, don't ya think? It was made up by someone who just speculated that D'Antoni for some reason doesn't want David Lee, but that he desperately needs Boris Diaw... and now people are judging how intelligent D'Antoni is based on their own perceived likelihood that he is going to make this trade.

Never mind the fact that Donnie Walsh is the GM of the Knicks, not Mike D'Antoni. And never mind the fact that David Lee seems like just the type of Mike D'Antoni player - an athletic big man who is best suited to play a position where he will be grossly undersized on defense but quicker than his defender on offense - or that D'Antoni really has no reason to covet Boris Diaw the way that so many people believe him to.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Haha, this thread is a little ridiculous, don't ya think? It was made up by someone who just speculated that D'Antoni for some reason doesn't want David Lee, but that he desperately needs Boris Diaw... and now people are judging how intelligent D'Antoni is based on their own perceived likelihood that he is going to make this trade.

Never mind the fact that Donnie Walsh is the GM of the Knicks, not Mike D'Antoni. And never mind the fact that David Lee seems like just the type of Mike D'Antoni player - an athletic big man who is best suited to play a position where he will be grossly undersized on defense but quicker than his defender on offense - or that D'Antoni really has no reason to covet Boris Diaw the way that so many people believe him to.

They say that some forms of insanity are characterized by interpreting people and events without input, by assuming intentions and thoughts without communication. Well, by that definition, there is a form of insanity here, a confection of thought and intentions attributed without any input from the individual they are attributed to. ASFN, where insanity happens!

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score

Lee is perhaps a little more athletic than Kurt Thomas, but that'd hardly make him a better player than the latter. DA wouldn't play KT despite his defense and rebounding what was lacking for the Suns. It's not to say Lee wouldn't be useful for DA but just not necessarily his preferred type of big man, compared to Diaw in particular.

Also, Lee is a complementary player at best. Maybe Bo Outlaw type of fan favorites. But fanc will get over it sooner than you thought when traded.

damo

Registered
Reaction score
I think utah had deron, korver, kirilenko, harpring, okur on at the same time.

I thought Deron was... ummm, how do you say? Jason Kidd? What's the story there?

Or do white people get to claim them, under some sort of glass half empty/welfare rule?

ps. Lee would be great.

PetryJr

Registered
Reaction score
Lee is perhaps a little more athletic than Kurt Thomas

Huh? A LITTLE more athletic than Kurt Thomas? Lee is pretty athletic. In fact, he was regarded as one of the most athletic players at the combine 3 years ago. Look at his profile at Hoopshype:

Excellent rebounder... Can score with both hands... Good athleticism... Great leaping skills... Runs the floor well... Has no three-point range... Must improve his perimeter game.

He's not flashy, but he's definitely much, much more athletic than Kurt Thomas. Heck, my couch is much more athletic than KT.

Lee is exactly the kind of player D'Antoni likes. He's athletic, he doesn't make stupid mistakes, he can run and he can shoot free throws. Even his midrange shot isn't that bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05