Leonard Davis Sucks

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
He has to be the worst starting left tackle in the league!! Did anyone else notice that swhen we needed some short yards we ran left??? And that he either missed his block or got blown up??? I cant freaking believe how bad he is.... He is another bust in the long line of cardinal high draft picks- I wouldnt be surprised to see another person starting there by year end.. Watch the game film it is depressing how inconsistent he is...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
NFL GameCenter: ARI@NYG

Osi Umeniyora: 1 tackle, 0 Sacks.

That was Leonard Davis's man. Didn't do anything all game long. Carlos Emmons, the linebacker on that side, did not record a sack. The O-line's bad performance is on Lynch, Wells, and Brown. Davis had nothing to do with it.

I actually thought he had a really good game against a tough, rising player. The Big problem (pun intended) was the early false start penalties, but he seemed to overcome that pretty quickly.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

That was Leonard Davis's man. Didn't do anything all game long. Carlos Emmons, the linebacker on that side, did not record a sack. The O-line's bad performance is on Lynch, Wells, and Brown. Davis had nothing to do with it.

I actually thought he had a really good game against a tough, rising player. The Big problem (pun intended) was the early false start penalties, but he seemed to overcome that pretty quickly.

Wow!!!

I actually agree K9... who'da thunk it?

Watching Ross get pushed back 8 yards into Warner was very depressing.

I really hope we see a different Cardinal team next week!!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

I give up pointing out every glaring fact. Let the animals run the zoo.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Jonathan Ogden got OWNED by Dwight Freeney last night. Simply OWNED. Killed his QB, and was in Jamal Lewis's grille basically every single down.

OP
OP
G

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
Watch the film? His guy may not have made the tackle but he allowed pressure inside. to allow others to make the tackle- just watch

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
Watch the film? His guy may not have made the tackle but he allowed pressure inside. to allow others to make the tackle- just watch

Allowed the pressure inside? He's the offensive tackle! His responsibility is to protect the QB's blindside! That's what he did! It's not Leonard's fault that Michael Strahan lit Oliver Ross up like a Christmas tree. Show me how it's Davis's fault that the center play sucked.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:

Who has film these days anyways? It's all digital these days . . .

It should be "watch the Tivo".

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Meanwhile, Jonathan Ogden got OWNED by Dwight Freeney last night. Simply OWNED. Killed his QB, and was in Jamal Lewis's grille basically every single down.

Didn't Freeney abuse him last year also?They Ravens should trade Ogden, he sucks.Just watch the film.His man was beating him to the inside allowing others to make plays. :sarcasm: . Leonard Davis is responsible for the entire Giants DL. He should knock his guy on his ass,slide over to chip Wells' guy, swing over and pick any outside blitzers from the right side, and the move over to help Lynch with a double team on the DT. If he doesn't do that then he's not earning his keep as the #2 overall pick.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Big is the only decent player on this line right now. Wells comes in second. Throw the rest in the trash and start over.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
Big is the only decent player on this line right now. Wells comes in second. Throw the rest in the trash and start over.

Reggie Wells stunk yesterday. I saw more from Elton Brown than I saw from Reggie Wells.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Reggie Wells stunk yesterday. I saw more from Elton Brown than I saw from Reggie Wells.

And this is coming from a guy who thinks Wells is underrated.

OP
OP
G

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
Goal line short yardage

Big straight out missed he assignment- to block his guy who made an inside move on him wells killed his guy- so yes it was Davis fault and yes it can be an inside move smart guy. Watch the TIVO sorry about short yard and goaline where shipp gets smoked and tell me Davis did a good job

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
Big straight out missed he assignment- to block his guy who made an inside move on him wells killed his guy- so yes it was Davis fault and yes it can be an inside move smart guy. Watch the TIVO sorry about short yard and goaline where shipp gets smoked and tell me Davis did a good job

attachment.php

It looks here like Davis has his guy on his back, and the tacklers are coming from the right side? But what're facts when you have righteous anger on your side?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:

The problem with us breaking down video is we never really know who had what assignment on any given play. A couple of years ago Shipp got clobbered on a 4th and 1 play in Philly and everyone crucified Shelton for missing a block. Well, the next day on his radio show Pete Kendall confessed to blowing his assignment because he thought the play was to the right, not the left. Without Kendall saying that, we never would've known anything different.

OP
OP
G

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
Look closer- he doesnt block the end who Femi has too. he is laying on the centers blocked person

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
Look closer- he doesnt block the end who Femi has too. he is laying on the centers blocked person

ummm ok... if you know that with any certainty then go for it

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
Which down is that? becasue there is one where he doesnt block anyone
Dude, get off it. It's the exact play that you cited... The tackler's coming from the right side. Reggie Wells is apparently holding in the end zone, and 'Femi's running to block a blitzing LB or S. How his any of the Leonard's fault? He's obviously blocking someone.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Leave him alone k9. You're confusing him with facts.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
BIG did his job perfectly in that pitcure.

He was supposed to block on the inside towards the DT, leaving the outside block to the TE and Femi to block the DE, which looks like he is zeroed in on. If 70 wasnt in the backfield so fast tahts a TD.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I agree with Canon.That play is Davis' fault.He should've gotten up after pancaking his guy, took out 70,spun around and and kicked out 72,and then led Shipp around the corner, taking oout the DB(29) who is going to cover the outside.That damn Davis, he sucks.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
I agree with Canon.That play is Davis' fault.He should've gotten up after pancaking his guy, took out 70,spun around and and kicked out 72,and then led Shipp around the corner, taking oout the DB(29) who is going to cover the outside.That damn Davis, he sucks.
:lmao:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Leave him alone k9. You're confusing him with facts.

Cant be K9 gets confused with those. :D