Lorenzon Alexander and Jasper Brinkley's contract numbers per Jurecki

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Alexander: 3 yr deal: 715k, 855k and 1.4 mil.

Brinkley: 2 yr deal: 1.05 mil and 1.75 mil.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but we did we have to cut Rhodes again?

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Because he was in the last year of his deal and didn't want to be here. A new coaching regime doesn't want to deal with a veteran leader who is undermining the locker room.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Because he was in the last year of his deal and didn't want to be here. A new coaching regime doesn't want to deal with a veteran leader who is undermining the locker room.

That's a pretty gross mis-characterization of what actually happened. Rhodes didn't want to sign a new deal with the team in January. There has been nothing to suggest that Rhodes lost faith with the organization or was in conflict with the coaching staff. He just wanted to test his value in a free agent market in another 12 months.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

See, I never took it that way or read that anywhere.

The facts that I read were Rhodes was on the final year of his deal and did want to take less money by extending his contract. I am fine with that. Get one year of solid S play, try and possibly get his replacement through the draft, and have a year to evaluate that player if you do. As it is now, we are counting on Rashad Johnson or Yeremiah Bell without much depth if those guys fail.

roland77

Rookie
Reaction score

Those are just base salaries, they don't count any bonuses. I thought I read Alexander got about 3M signing bonus.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cause we're tanking for Teddy apparently. I'm glad these are cheap deals. Should still be 12-13m under the cap (draft picks take up almost half that).

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It must be pretty cool to be such good friends with Kerry that he would give you the straight scoop. :rolleyes:

Everything I've read contradicts what you've said. The general consensus is that he expressed a desire to play elsewhere, and didn't want to renegotiate his deal, after Rhodes was shown the door.

Links? I ask because I never read anything like that and I thought I read almost everything about the situation (Jurecki, Somers, Urban, twitter, articles).

Not saying you are wrong, just saying I thought I was pretty up on the situation and I never read/heard that.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cause we're tanking for Teddy apparently. I'm glad these are cheap deals. Should still be 12-13m under the cap (draft picks take up almost half that).

I think Stanton is "the guy" this year and if he fails, and a 1st rounder will be "the guy" in 2014.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
younger like signing a 36 year old Bell?

To a one year at like the vet minimum. We still have to have some veteran leadership and that is what we should get from Bell for one season while we groom a young guy to take over.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To a one year at like the vet minimum. We still have to have some veteran leadership and that is what we should get from Bell for one season while we groom a young guy to take over.

so... worse player, but cheaper.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
so... worse player, but cheaper.

More or less, but he might be more different than worse. Adub was more of a run supporter where as I believe Bell is supposed to be better in pass defense. The biggest reason Bell is so cheap is that he is old and not necessarily that he sucks.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Links? I ask because I never read anything like that and I thought I read almost everything about the situation (Jurecki, Somers, Urban, twitter, articles).

Not saying you are wrong, just saying I thought I was pretty up on the situation and I never read/heard that.

Later tonight I will post links. On the bus to class at the moment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More or less, but he might be more different than worse. Adub was more of a run supporter where as I believe Bell is supposed to be better in pass defense. The biggest reason Bell is so cheap is that he is old and not necessarily that he sucks.

sorry man, but if you're cheap, there's a reason. Ed Reed is old. AW is old. Did they go somewhere for a vet minimum contract? No. more often then not, you get what you pay for in this league, especially with guys at that point of their careers.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well then we have a pretty good chunk of change we could spend on free agency, re-signing players, trades, etc.

Everyone thought Alexander was getting 3 mill per season. Seems to be 3 mill for the life of the contract.

edit: ahh no signing bonus included.

Still though isn't there a limit like it can't exceed something like 40 percent of a contract? So bonus wouldn't be much.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
sorry man, but if you're cheap, there's a reason. Ed Reed is old. AW is old. Did they go somewhere for a vet minimum contract? No. more often then not, you get what you pay for in this league, especially with guys at that point of their careers.
First of all ADub is almost 2 years younger than Bell. Both Reed and ADub have been perinial pro-bowlers for most of their careers and Bell has been to 1 pro-bowl, but it was only like 2 years ago. My point is that name recognition alone is going to get those guys more money than Bell and they are both younger. ADub likely has a better deal than Reed because his more than a year younger thus he likely has a little more time before he becomes completely useless on the field.