Lorenzon Alexander and Jasper Brinkley's contract numbers per Jurecki

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
And the Cards created that dead money not out of necessity, but out of convenience. There was no reason to cut anyone besides clearly underperforming players in Stewart Bradley and Kevin Kolb. All other roster cuts have been entirely financially motivated.

It shouldn't be shocking that the dead money/"contingency" money that the Cards don't spend will come very close to whatever buyout the Cards have for Whis and his staff. Of course we'll spend more on coaches this year--we're paying for two entire coaching staffs!
You do realize that most of that dead money is from the 2 players you said they should cut right? Bradley and Kolb account 9M of the 12.5M in dead money that the Cards have.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You can't say that as fact because we don't kow what Bowles system is going to be. However, Bell does and that gives him value. Bell is going to be the leader back there in acclimating everyone to the new system. I'm not saying Bell is a better player but he does have value.
He can't say that as a fact regardless of system. Yeremiah Bell was in the Pro Bowl just 2 years ago. When was the last time Rhodes was in a Pro Bowl? Never? Having said this I do believe that Rhodes is a better player than Bell, but I don't think he is 2-3 times better, let alone 4-5.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is that he's not worth 6 mill/year. I bet he gets 1/3 of that, at most, on the open, market and likely on a 1 year deal.

the bottom line is also that our defense lost one of it's top playmakers and replaced him with a 36 year old guy who no one here would likely even know if he hadn't signed with us.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the bottom line is also that our defense lost one of it's top playmakers and replaced him with a 36 year old guy who no one here would likely even know if he hadn't signed with us.

To be fair I've had Bell on some of my fantasy teams that use defenders the last 2-3 seasons (and my teams didn't suck).

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can't say that as a fact regardless of system. Yeremiah Bell was in the Pro Bowl just 2 years ago. When was the last time Rhodes was in a Pro Bowl? Never? Having said this I do believe that Rhodes is a better player than Bell, but I don't think he is 2-3 times better, let alone 4-5.

The Ravens just signed Michael Huff for $6M over three years, but, I guess, Rhodes must be three times better. ;)

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
After the Cards draft a Guard and then cut Snyder and use the money saved from cutting Rhodes to absorb Snyder's dead money this year, I think some people will be a little happier.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score

For the record---Kerry Rhodes is being replaced by Rashad Johnson whom the Cardinals were able to re-sign for three years at less than one third of what Rhodes was making per year.

BTW---MJ said today that he's been following Rhodes on twitter---only thing he's been posting are modeling photos---he's had zero action in FA.

Adrian Wilson is being replaced by Yeremiah Bell.

Some of you keep denigrating Bell---but, take a look at the comparative stats the past two years:

Adrian Wilson:

2012: Tackles: 54; Solo 39; Forced Fumbles: 1; Ints: 1; sacks: 3
2011: Tackles: 34; Solo: 26; Forced Fumbles: 1; Ints: 1: sacks: 0.
Totals: Tackles: 88; Solo: 65; FF: 2; Ints: 2; sacks: 3

Yeremiah Bell:

2012: Tackles: 89; Solo: 72; FF: 0; Ints: 0; sacks: 1
2011: Tackles: 107; Solo: 81: FF: 0; ints: 1; sacks: 1
Totals: Tackles: 196; Solo: 153; FF: 0; Ints: 1; sacks: 2

Bell had more tackles last year than Wilson had the last two years combined, and the Cardinals signed him for about one third of what Wilson was supposed to make.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be fair I've had Bell on some of my fantasy teams that use defenders the last 2-3 seasons (and my teams didn't suck).

LOLz. .25 points for every tackle 7 yards downfield. Hopefully you can keep him this year, too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bell had more tackles last year than Wilson had the last two years combined, and the Cardinals signed him for about one third of what Wilson was supposed to make.

Tackles are a terrible stat to judge a safety by. Because he finally caught a guy 8 yards downfield on 3rd and 4 he's a good safety? Give me a break.

Wilson had 5 passes defensed last year and 28 the last three years.

Yeremiah Bell had 2 passes defensed last year and 11 the past three years.

You're blaming Wilson because he had Calais Campbell, Darnell Dockett, Daryl Washington and Sam Acho making tackles in front of him.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOLz. .25 points for every tackle 7 yards downfield. Hopefully you can keep him this year, too.

Actually 2 or 3 per tackle, the scores with 25 starters off and def got up to over 1000. The best part about it, is that just about every team was competitive with each other with the overall scores being close. QB's alone would get 60-120 points, and you started three.

Perhaps I will. We'll see. He scores points by making tackles and being in the mix, at least in past years on other teams. That's why I picked him up and would actually look for him sometime during the season and there he'd be racking up points when I had a bye/injury or whatever. I tended to pickup tacklers that also might get return yardage points and PP killed me lol.

I'm not saying he's going to be good or he has a long term future for us, but we could do a lot worse than Yeremiah Bell if he can play to the level he's played at the last few years, and that since I've heard of him, at least one of us had before he was signed. Not that it alters the overall situation in any way.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
For the record---Kerry Rhodes is being replaced by Rashad Johnson whom the Cardinals were able to re-sign for three years at less than one third of what Rhodes was making per year.

BTW---MJ said today that he's been following Rhodes on twitter---only thing he's been posting are modeling photos---he's had zero action in FA.

Adrian Wilson is being replaced by Yeremiah Bell.

Some of you keep denigrating Bell---but, take a look at the comparative stats the past two years:

Adrian Wilson:

2012: Tackles: 54; Solo 39; Forced Fumbles: 1; Ints: 1; sacks: 3
2011: Tackles: 34; Solo: 26; Forced Fumbles: 1; Ints: 1: sacks: 0.
Totals: Tackles: 88; Solo: 65; FF: 2; Ints: 2; sacks: 3

Yeremiah Bell:

2012: Tackles: 89; Solo: 72; FF: 0; Ints: 0; sacks: 1
2011: Tackles: 107; Solo: 81: FF: 0; ints: 1; sacks: 1
Totals: Tackles: 196; Solo: 153; FF: 0; Ints: 1; sacks: 2

That is what I thought as well but wasn't sure. I'm not a big Rashard Johnson fan but I was under the assumption he was taking Rhodes's spot.

Like I thought, there were many more safeties on the market that were more in demand than Rhodes and all have been signed for less money. Paying Rhodes $6mill would have been your typical Rod Graves move.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That is what I thought as well but wasn't sure. I'm not a big Rashard Johnson fan but I was under the assumption he was taking Rhodes's spot.

Like I thought, there were many more safeties on the market that were more in demand than Rhodes and all have been signed for less money. Paying Rhodes $6mill would have been your typical Rod Graves move.

Buyers market, big time. I doubt Rhodes gets half of what he was making at this point. Highly doubtful. Maybe 2M IF he's lucky.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Ravens just signed Michael Huff for $6M over three years, but, I guess, Rhodes must be three times better. ;)

I was hoping the Cardinals would make a push to sign Huff. Oh well, this team has much bigger issues than S that I believe they will fail to address this year.