Mad At Green For Cutting Pete...Parcells Just Cut...

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Parcells just cut his starting QB Quincy Carter.

per ESPN and MJ

and as MJ said, "Green and Parcells must be drinking the same stuff"

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Woah!! Can't believe it. I was really expecing him to make The Leap this season.

Wow. I'm speechless.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Woah!! Can't believe it. I was really expecing him to make The Leap this season.

Wow. I'm speechless.

Thats a definate first! :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Parcells just cut his starting QB Quincy Carter.

per ESPN and MJ

and as MJ said, "Green and Parcells must be drinking the same stuff"

Wow, it hasn't made ESPN's website yet but that's pretty stunning. I said a couple of weeks ago I had read that Henson was looking FAR better than anybody expected and that's why they let Hutchinson go, I can't believe that has anything to do with cutting Carter though. Henson isn't the starter so it's gotta be Vinnie?

Pretty bizarre stuff .

OP
OP
arthurracoon

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Wow, it hasn't made ESPN's website yet but that's pretty stunning. I said a couple of weeks ago I had read that Henson was looking FAR better than anybody expected and that's why they let Hutchinson go, I can't believe that has anything to do with cutting Carter though. Henson isn't the starter so it's gotta be Vinnie?

Pretty bizarre stuff .

They said its on the ESPN TV.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Thats a definate first! :D

:D

Seriously. I kind of liked Quincy's game. Didn't they have some decent money invested in him, as well?

If King really is struggling, we should claim Quincy off waivers and put him in at #2. Quincy is a poor-man's Josh McCown.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
:D

Seriously. I kind of liked Quincy's game. Didn't they have some decent money invested in him, as well?

If King really is struggling, we should claim Quincy off waivers and put him in at #2. Quincy is a poor-man's Josh McCown.

I would do that!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow!

I've been listening to a lot of Sirius NFL Radio, and there's one guy on there that keeps talking up Carter--so much so that I was thinking of taking a flyer on him in the late rounds of my fantasy draft.

The Chargers should be all over him. Rivers isn't in camp yet and Flutie has a bum knee.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
That's a terrific idea. King blows.

Quincy Carter has as many game appearances as Shaun King (31), but 9 more starts (31 v. 22). King goes 6'1", 228. Carter is 6'2", 213. They have essentially the same completion percentage. King's career rating is 5 points higher, but Quincy has thrown for 5839 career yards, while King has only tossed for 4064. Wow.

I'd be much happier with Carter as our backup QB than King.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Vinny wont start will he??? I bet a guy 20 that he wouldnt. tell me it isnt so. No way does he start!!!

Henson might start but maybe Tuna will start Vinny the 1st 6 games and then put Henson in. :shrug:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Henson might start but maybe Tuna will start Vinny the 1st 6 games and then put Henson in. :shrug:

nobody likes Henson more than me but I have a hard time believing a kid with one year of college starting experience and several years totally out of football is ready to start at QB for Bill Parcells as a rookie. Pretty sure he's going to start Vinnie, he may have just decided Henson is going to be ready a lot sooner than he originally thought and wanted to clear room to make more PT for him but cutting his starter seems odd. I guess there's no trade market for Carter?

I'm not a huge Carter fan but he has improved every year in the league and he does throw a nice deep ball and Denny seems to value that. I have to believe there's more to this story than meets the eye though, I just watched Carter on ESPN 2 days ago saying he was the starter, he was going to be the starter, and he had complete confidence in saying that. he certainly didn't see this coming.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Quincy is just as mediocre as Shaun King, if not worse. They both have crappy completion percentages, Quincy has always thrown more INTs than TDs even being coached by "offensive geniuses" Parcells and Sean Payton. There's basically no point in getting rid of one for the other because they're basically the same player, although Carter probably has a stronger arm.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN has the story up now, Pasquarelli is saying they WILL cut Carter today, he didn't practice today and it's not yet clear why he's being cut. They said that Parcells has said quite recently Carter had a "leg up" on the job as the incumbent but that nobody was safe and that both Vinnie and Henson were competing for the job.

Even I don't think they can win 10 games with Henson starting this year, as good as that defense is a young QB with so much rust to shake off, he's gotta be figuring on starting Vinnie.

Rumor is Oakland is cutting Tim Brown and he wants to be a Cowboy(like Kid Rock) so that offense could be VERY old this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Quincy is just as mediocre as Shaun King, if not worse. They both have crappy completion percentages, Quincy has always thrown more INTs than TDs even being coached by "offensive geniuses" Parcells and Sean Payton. There's basically no point in getting rid of one for the other because there basically the same player, although Carter probably has a stronger arm.

I don't really agree with this. Carter has improved every season he's played. He completed 57.8% of his passes last season when he lacked a consistent possession WR, and had to huck it out to three speed guys with hard hands. Carter is considerably more mobile than Shaun King, and has a better arm.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say cut King and bring in Carter. He would push McCown a lot more. I like Carter myself, but I can see why people dont think he is very good too.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing about SK I'd say bring him in and let them fight it out in camp...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter is a terrible QB. However he was Jerry's pet project. I'm surprised Jerry let the Tuna cut his boy. Personally I think it is a good move for the Cowboys. They were not going to win with Carter.

Although I think Carter is better than King so I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a backup. ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Carter is a terrible QB. However he was Jerry's pet project. I'm surprised Jerry let the Tuna cut his boy. Personally I think it is a good move for the Cowboys. They were not going to win with Carter.

Although I think Carter is better than King so I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a backup. ;)

Dude, they made it to the playoffs with Carter. They won 10 games with Carter and no running game to speak of. When was the last time the Cards won 10 games with anyone?

seesred

Reaction score
Interesting. Parcels and Green come from the same coaching up bringing. No fooling around, the idea is to win. Now if we want to start a NFL franchise we have a center and a qb. Who's next!

GBR

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I don't really agree with this. Carter has improved every season he's played. He completed 57.8% of his passes last season when he lacked a consistent possession WR, and had to huck it out to three speed guys with hard hands. Carter is considerably more mobile than Shaun King, and has a better arm.

The only reason his completion % went up is because he was playing in a West Coast offense and it went up a whopping 1%. His quarterback rating went down coincidentally. You're probably right about the mobility although the difference is probable not that extreme and I agreed with you on the arm. The fact remains that Quincy has yet to show he can take care of the ball where King has proven that he's more than capable. I don't think either is cut out for a starting job on a team lacking a good defense (like the Cardinals), I just don't think you'd really be getting that much more value with Quincy as Shaun King as your backup.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Dude, they made it to the playoffs with Carter. They won 10 games with Carter and no running game to speak of. When was the last time the Cards won 10 games with anyone?
They didn't make it to the playoffs because of Carter. They made it because they have a strong Defense and the Tuna eliminated the big mistakes from the offense. They would have went a lot further if they had a decent QB.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05