Mad At Green For Cutting Pete...Parcells Just Cut...

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuna press conference will be held at 1:30 PM AZ time. You should be able to listen to it via the ESPNEWS link on espnradio.com.

A-Bomb

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
The only reason his completion % went up is because he was playing in a West Coast offense and it went up a whopping 1%. His quarterback rating went down coincidentally.

:confused:

Since when to Sean Payton and Bill Parcells run a West Coast offense? Since when are Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway, and Antonion Bryant West Coast wide-outs?

Carter's INTs went up because he was forcing throws because no one respectedt he running game. He does need to improve his decision-making, but it wasn't like he was playing like Jake Plummer here.

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
Quincy Carter is a HORRIBLE quarterback. They made it to the playoffs despite Q, not because of him. The worst part about the guy is that he doesn't even know how horrible he is. He talks about how he's the leader of the team, but doesn't do a darn thing to SHOW leadership. Parcells got Quincy's best games out of him, but after last season's camp, it was clear that it was only a matter of time before Carter was G-O-N-E.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just the other night the ESPN TC road trip was in Dallas' camp and there was no buzz about this even being remotely possible. Amazing. Does the NFL random test coaches?? :D

BTW Kendall is a better C than Carter is a QB and Parcells does have a veteran to plug in as QB where Green is plugging in a rookie. :D

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I find it odd, because Parcells was just interviewed the day before and said Quincey Carter was looking the best out of all the QBs and was clearly the starter until someone beat him out. I guess Parcells beat him out. Henson starts by mid season, that should be fun to see.

I think the Cowboys are also better off by cutting him, Carter always had a problem with his progressions.

I sure hope Denny doesn't bring him in, then we'd be in the same boat as the Cowboys, but we don't have a dominating defense.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
They would have went a lot further if they had a decent QB.

or RB or consitant wr's, or a TE or a FB.

I think carter was good. But Im damn sure tuna knows more about football than I do!

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Anybody listen to ESPN radio? There's a rumor going around saying that this had to do with the substance abuse policy. Don't believe it just yet, but that could be a possible explanation.

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
If you would rather have Quincy Carter than Shaun King, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry to be blunt, but that will become apparent ONCE YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN KING PLAY.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
If you would rather have Quincy Carter than Shaun King, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry to be blunt, but that will become apparent ONCE YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN KING PLAY.

Thats not even close to what we are hearing from the people watching him throw right now. Live and in person.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This_Guy said:

I've seen King play. I'm a Shaun King fan. I was happy when we signed him. I've seen Carter play. I'm not a huge fan. I think he was absolutely drafted too high. Personally, I think that Carter has more upside.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
You know what it is right guys? Parcells wanted to have enough cap room to sign the highly coveted Preston Parsons.

:stupid:

LOL

You mean Preston hasnt found a team to play for yet. There are 31 crazy coaches out there I tell ya.

But really, this was not a cap related cut at all. They have more then 5 mill left over even after signing there rookies.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Since when to Sean Payton and Bill Parcells run a West Coast offense? Since when are Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway, and Antonion Bryant West Coast wide-outs?

You're right I forgot Parcells ditched the WC offense that was there prior to his arrival. For some reason I though he was still running it because of his success with it in New York. My bad.

kerouac9 said:
Carter's INTs went up because he was forcing throws because no one respectedt he running game. He does need to improve his decision-making, but it wasn't like he was playing like Jake Plummer here.

I'm curious how he's going to improve his decision making by sitting on the pine, which is what he'd be doing here. The fact remains that we're dealing with backup players, I don't think either King or Carter is considerably better than the other so who cares? You're absolutely right about upside though. But if we're going to be bringing in players based upon upside we may as well sign Adrian McPherson or Marcus Vick. :D

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting Quincy failed a team-initiated drug test for cocaine.

A-Bomb

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
Thats not even close to what we are hearing from the people watching him throw right now. Live and in person.
Yeah, I saw that and laughed. Second hand reports from drill situations on the second day of practice? And based on that, most of you would want to drop King, DG's handpicked choice for a QB spot, TAKE THE CAP HIT ON HIS SIGNING BONUS, to bring in a QB with a 71 career rating who was dumped for a 41 year old at the begining of training camp. If you thought this, you aren't even dealing in reality.

Before making rash judgements, why don't we wait for at least a live scrimmage, when all of the intangibles required to play QB in the NFL actually come into play. Throwing patterns in drills is only slightly more valuable in judging a QB than the QB skills competition on CBS last month.
Personally, I think that Carter has more upside.
You are entitled to your opinion. Considering draft position is the best indicator of where NFL franchises see upside, guess who was the highest draft pick among McCown, Quincy and King?
I've seen King play.
See, I don't think you have. McCown played 3 games last year, and I don't think anyone would say that was enough evidence to have any concrete idea of what to expect he'll look like this season. King hasn't played more than a half in 3 years. So how can you know how King will play?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
K9, remind me again what was I saying about decision-making? :p

It obviously could use some improvement.

I'm sure he'll be picked up by the Raiders now. :thumbup:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
abomb said:

A-Bomb

That would explain it. It (drugs) is really rampant in sports these days.

Teams need to take their own stands regarding this issue. I applaud Dallas and Parcells.

Some other pro teams need to heed their lead.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:

A-Bomb

If true, what a silly thing to do.

Funny, on teh Bronco board they were discussing him as the perfect backup to Jake because he can move well enough to handle the moving pocket the installed for Jake. Kind of doubt they'll want him now.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Typical Cowboy chalk sniffing. Why am I NOT suprised about that?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
What an idiot. He just sniffed his way out of alot of money and possibly football all together.

Supposedly this is his second positive test for COKE.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that Carter is not a good QB. I saw more Cowboys games last year than I'd like to admit (sis is a fan :rolleyes: ) and he is NOT GOOD. Still, I'm surprised Dallas is cutting him. Henson? Testaverde? Oh man, I cannot WAIT to talk to the sis about this move.

Read my lips: DO NOT :bhiich: . No, no, no.

BTW, I just saw Quincy on EPSN yesterday and someone (can't remember who) asked him who would be the starting QB for Dallas and he said "Quincy Carter." Wrong again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05