Magic at Suns 9:00ET FSN AZ

cly2tw

Reaction score
we almost lost it if not for finally going to Amare again!

Amare passed very well from the high post all game long. They just stopped going to him in the last couple of minutes, because of the "flow" of the game. F@#$ it!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT finish! Richardson is going to be a beast for this team. Any pundit who questions the intelligence of that trade is plain and simple a complete and utter moron.

very interested to see how this all works with Shaq in there.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
GREAT finish! Richardson is going to be a beast for this team. Any pundit who questions the intelligence of that trade is plain and simple a complete and utter moron.

very interested to see how this all works with Shaq in there.

I think JRich is gonna work really well with Shaq in there. Unlike Bell and Diaw, JRich is very good at cutting to the basket. If anybody doubles Shaq, JRich will make them pay.

I am really excited about this team now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wasn't it Richardson who actually gave Dirk fits on defense in that series two years ago?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think JRich is gonna work really well with Shaq in there. Unlike Bell and Diaw, JRich is very good at cutting to the basket. If anybody doubles Shaq, JRich will make them pay.

Agree....this team is relevant again. The NBA should take notice.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, I'm actually stoked to watch this team again, although I'm still expecting much because I don't think Porter's a very good coach.

the funny thing is all those "SSOL is over" articles... it's like they forgot how much better the 2004-5 version was with a SG who could actually do something except just stand in the corner and launch threes.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't able to see the game, but did Dudley play at all...and if so how did he do?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice to see Barbs rounding into form as well.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
Played for 2 min, not enought o have an impact.

Thanks - Sounds like one hell of a game....Nice Win for the Suns and a nice welcome for JRich. I'm sorry I missed it now. But I can't wait till the next one against NY.

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
Man o man was that a nail biter! Guess what guys, only 13 turnovers tonight(I think)!

1)The defense crumbled near the end of the game, but we made it up with our offense. I believe the Magic would have scored much less if Shaq was in the game(or not). Our perimeter defense still needs work and the Suns can't guard the three point line if their lives depended on it.

2)Everyone played well tonight(except for Lopez, starting Lopez against elite centers is a no no). STAT, Barbs, Nash, Hill, Barnes, and RICHARDSON!!!

3)Stoudemire did well on the board and I like this new Amare better than the old one. Who cares if Amare is scoring 20-24 points when he is grabbing rebounds and at least trying on defense(though he still has his rediculous laspes). I was shocked when Amare made the game winning pass to Hill. WTF..

4)Richardson, Richardson, Richardson. Oh Richardson. Where have you been! I loved the block, the athleticsm, the ally oops. Please Suns, go on a little win streak at least. Even if we don't win a title, at least you guys will be bearable to watch.

However, this game means nothing. Lets see how much the trade really impacted this team after 20 games.

We also need to improve on our defense, turnovers(though it is improving), and closing quarters. We don't need to become an elite defensive team because we can never be one. However, the Suns should try to become a mediocre defensive team and let our overwhelming offense beat teams.

Anyways, solid performance by STAT, Nash, Richardson, Hill, Barnes, and Barbosa. Now it is a matter of consistency. The Suns have two directions. Feed off of the momentum of this win and rise up or continue to go up and down with the record.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Robin Lopez played well in limited playing time. I don't understand why Porter did not play Lopez more in the second half so he could have blocked or changed some shots inside, especially with Howard out. I know the Suns were switching but still...

For awhile thought Gortat was going to be the great Suns killer. How ironic would have that been for a player that rarely plays or scores. Just a side note I believe the Suns sold the pick that was used for Gortat.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
2)Everyone played well tonight(except for Lopez, starting Lopez against elite centers is a no no)
Completely disagree with you there. I think Lopez did a fine job on Howard tonight. For the record, Lopez is +10 while howard is -15 for the game with Howard only playing 2 min more than Lopez. I saw a lot of great hustle from the young fella and for a rookies, I think he did quite well against NBA's best center.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
OT:

Donald, what happened to this all-conquering Laker defense from earlier in the year?

Do you think it's obtainable again, or was it just guys playing at a level well above themselves?

cly2tw

Reaction score

On several times, Amare at elbow passed perfectly to the cutting through baseline JR, who scored on his defenders in the paint easily, w/o Amare getting credit for asts though. JR is so strong and quick that one-on-one he is hard to stop under basket. With Amare or Shaq drawing the main focus in the paint, JR will have a field day cutting into paint! Loving it!

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
The coolest and funniest thing was you could tell how insanely excited Jrich was during the game. He was completely psyched. He had crazy drives, that oop, jump hops when dribbling and catching the ball. He was definatley so crazy he was over-excited though because he dribbled off his foot once which isn't very like him, yet I couldn't help but laugh.

He is definately ready to take this team to the next level this year. We finally have a beastly SG again. How great is that!

Now lets get a backup PG and give it all another shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The coolest and funniest thing was you could tell how insanely excited Jrich was during the game. He was completely psyched. He had crazy drives, that oop, jump hops when dribbling and catching the ball. He was definatley so crazy he was over-excited though because he dribbled off his foot once which isn't very like him, yet I couldn't help but laugh.

And he didn't play nearly as well as he can play and he scored 21 points. Also I really like how he can penetrate. IMO, the Suns will soon be putting him at the top of the key to take the last shot of quarters and games. He will become lethal there because the defenses will not know what to do with him.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
I'm as excited about him as the next guy, but let's be real, our defense is so bad that even getting our step back on offense isn't going to be enough to get us where we want to be.

The funny thing is, despite JRich having a rep for not being a good defender, his defense was much better tonight even with a couple lapses than what we've seen from Bell just because Raja has declined so much. He and especially Hill were all over Turkoglu tonight.