Magic @ Suns, 03/13/2011

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Magic @ Suns, 12:30pm (3:30pm ET)

First game vs. Orlando since the trade. Gortat gats to face off against the guy who kept him from getting playing time in Orlando. JRich returns to Phoenix. Will Turk get booed?

This would have been a tough game anyway, but Nash will not play so it gets much tougher. Magic gets lucky again as they beat Phoenix in Orlando earlier this season when Nash also didn't play. Time for Aaron Brooks to have one of his good games.

It doesn't help that the Suns supposedly had an "awful" practice yesterday, according to Gentry.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I think the suns record is like 0-4 every time I post in these threads before the game starts.. I don't care.

AB needs to have a career night and Vince need to go back to his toronto days where he straight up would dominate. Gortat will do his work no doubt and I'd rather have siler playing right now than lopez. He needs to stop trying to be flashy and doing those monster one handed dunks, they get blocked more than he makes them.

Go suns, kill these fools. Nice to see J rich back, I love that guy but he's gotta lose tonight.

PS: dwight will own us tonight.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the suns record is like 0-4 every time I post in these threads before the game starts.. I don't care.

AB needs to have a career night and Vince need to go back to his toronto days where he straight up would dominate. Gortat will do his work no doubt and I'd rather have siler playing right now than lopez. He needs to stop trying to be flashy and doing those monster one handed dunks, they get blocked more than he makes them.

Go suns, kill these fools. Nice to see J rich back, I love that guy but he's gotta lose tonight.

PS: dwight will own us tonight.
There are 18 fouls between Gortat, Lopez, and Siler. I suggest we use them. :p

We need to stay at home on their shooters.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no explaining Lopez' defense or lack thereof. It might have worked earlier in the season to start Lopez but he clearly has earned his role as a bench player behind Gortat.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lopez is looking atrocious.

Good thing Brooks can shoot because the pick & roll has a horrible roll right now.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no explaining Lopez' defense or lack thereof. It might have worked earlier in the season to start Lopez but he clearly has earned his role as a bench player behind Gortat.
What about Lopez's confidence? Couldn't he become even more useless coming off the bench?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Gentry may have a reason for what he's done, I just don't really know what it is. However, Lopez has ALWAYS deserved a spot on the bench and from about 5 games in to his Suns career, Gortat has clearly been the FAR superior player. Until Lopez improves or we get a decent backup center I still don't think it makes much of a difference in the final result. We still end up having to play Lopez and therein lies the real problem.

Steve

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
These ABC announcers are horrible. They aren't paying attention to the game at all, just talking about irrelevant subjects.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Cot damn.. I'm quite annoyed already.. These announcers need to shut the * up and announce the game.. Not talk about the orlando magic/ stan van gundy and david stern.

We can't play defense worth crap. They're scoring at will and they're hitting 3's like crazy.. Howard already has 4 blocks and pietrus' big ass mouth keeps getting technicals.. He got ejected against houston for running his mouth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Lopez's confidence? Couldn't he become even more useless coming off the bench?

It worked well enough for Gentry to bring Gortat off the bench after the trade, however, the season is winding down and teams are now in a physical playoff mode. Lopez is not a physical player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Gentry may have a reason for what he's done, I just don't really know what it is. However, Lopez has ALWAYS deserved a spot on the bench and from about 5 games in to his Suns career, Gortat has clearly been the FAR superior player. Until Lopez improves or we get a decent backup center I still don't think it makes much of a difference in the final result. We still end up having to play Lopez and therein lies the real problem.

Steve

I think the primary process was to boost Lopez' stock so the Suns could trade him before the trading deadline. Now that reasoning is not there. Also I think Gentry was trying to develop Lopez.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Childress getting time and playing like he belongs.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Howard benches, Gentry should do the same with Gortat
I agree. :thumbup: Gortat is a flat out stud and should only be matched up on Howard all day.
Brooks might look like a crack baby but he can ball, props to Gentry for telling him to shoot the lights out.
Studley is another piece of young awesome bright young talent. These 3 are doing it for me right now. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05