Magic @ Suns, 03/13/2011

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dowdell not looking good as he did earlier when he was pushing Dragic. He is playing like a DL player again. Pietrus needs to sit when he is not hitting the outside shot. He is not good enough to be a gunner.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Carter 0-2 in 10 minutes. I guess playing against the team that traded him because they thought he was worthless is not enough to motivate him. Pietrus also 0-5 against his former team, all long distance low percentage early shot-clock shots. His shot selection is horrendous. Only Gortat so far came to play against his former team.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if we don't make the playoffs (which we probably won't) do we get to keep our brooks pick?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brooks carrying the Suns now.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
It's really weird seeing Gortat and Carter in Suns jerseys

Jonah

Reaction score
Magic are shooting 60% from the floor, the game's gonna be over at halftime.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if we don't make the playoffs (which we probably won't) do we get to keep our brooks pick?

The Suns keep their lottery pick in this situation. Houston gets the Orlando pick.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of our five starters today, Brooks is the only one who has hit more than one field goal so far.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Argh. Why do we get stuck having to go against Howard on a free throw hitting day? :(

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They spent a whole quarter talking about how no one ever gets called for flagrant fouls against Howard, but they forgot to mention all the offensive fouls that Howard gets away with constantly. I counted at least three in this game so far that weren't called.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Magic really do not have a legitimate backup center. Gentry should consider playing Lopez when Howard goes to the bench to keep Gortat fresh.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
The suns (brooks) are showing signs of life.. Just contain howard and we've got a shot.

I don't understand, why doesn't vince drive to the hoop anymore?? He old and banged up? He has the mf'n talent.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They spent a whole quarter talking about how no one ever gets called for flagrant fouls against Howard, but they forgot to mention all the offensive fouls that Howard gets away with constantly. I counted at least three in this game so far that weren't called.

They were also talking about Shaq getting fouled hard but failed to mention how Shaq used to lead with his elbows. It's funny how certain players get the love from the referees and others don't. It should be a foul is a foul.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Because it takes effort and energy? Much easier to settle for outside jump shots.

Ugh, so he's lazy? I don't get this BS.. You're in the NBA, you love the game, you want to make more money.. Why don't you play your ass off and make a damn name for yourself night after night?

someone needs to put a gun to his head every game to keep him motivated I guess.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Run and gun Suns are gone. I still like the young talent we have, definitely missing Frye in games like this, but he is one of the guys that have a lot of upside as well.

Gortat, Brooks, Studley, Frye, and ????

I love Grant Hill as much as the next guy, and I love Nash more than the next guy, but our long term future is with these four youngins and I like it.

Nash is still top 3 in point guards, I want him here until he retires. :)

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I miss the six seconds or less. It was amazingly fun. Only if that could be partnered up with D.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Ugh, so he's lazy? I don't get this BS.. You're in the NBA, you love the game, you want to make more money.. Why don't you play your ass off and make a damn name for yourself night after night?

someone needs to put a gun to his head every game to keep him motivated I guess.

I don't think he is lazy. He just looks old.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the announcers are making the case for VC's foul on Howard (called on Gortat) should have been a flagrant. Gentry was hot and rightly so.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he is lazy. He just looks old.

+1. Dude looks just old. He is not quick anymore and if you look at his drives to the bucket, they seldome are quick. He usually takes a really good angle at the bucket and is good around the bucket.

In the old days, Vince Carter was slamming the ball on someones head.