Magic @ Suns Game Thread

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hello? That was a huge play. Sealed the game for us. No commentary? This board is dead.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns up 106-103 with 6.9 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

Don't give up the 3, 3 point plays, or offensive rebounds.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
despite Crawford's best attempt to give the game to Orlando with that crappy clock assessment, Suns win!!

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
Damn, great win right there even if we did almost blow a big lead! Major props to Steve, Amare and STUDLEY!!

cly2tw

Reaction score
We are so lucky in this game! They gave us the TOs right back and Howard fumbled the 2 huge offensive rebounds. My goodness!

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Props to the Magic for a great comeback, playing their second game in 2 nights.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Freakin' Crawford....why am I not surprised.

Amare redeemed himself for the mis-read earlier from Nash with his brick hands....to the monster rebound and jam. Nice.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
By the way, it was kind of gutsy but I LOVED Gentry's decision to go small with Dudley in there to end the game while Frye was struggling tonight. That game strikes me almost as one of those classics that D'Antoni would let slip away while he fumed and stomped at the refs..

Tomorrow night is gonna suck in Denver, we need to get something big out of our role players because Steve and Amare are probably going to be completely gassed..

Delmon Young

Rookie
Reaction score
Orlando deserved to lose with Howard getting one shot attempt in 42 mins. One shot attempt; are you kidding me? I know he doesn't have the greatest offensive repertoire and that the Suns doubled him and fouled him basically anytime he got the ball, but that's just horrible on Orlando's part. Neither Amare nor Frye are strong enough to consistently bang with him.

cly2tw

Reaction score
We were also lucky that Carter and Redick got hurt during the game. Redick was hot when he got injured. We really need to work on our defensive details and plans and have ways to stop other teams' hot shooting hands. When Nelson is back, we'll have no chance against the Magics as there is simply no cure for the def. weakness of Nash. Luckily, Magic's defense is not the best either.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Orlando deserved to lose with Howard getting one shot attempt in 42 mins. One shot attempt; are you kidding me? I know he doesn't have the greatest offensive repertoire and that the Suns doubled him and fouled him basically anytime he got the ball, but that's just horrible on Orlando's part. Neither Amare nor Frye are strong enough to consistently bang with him.

If you watched the game, you'd know that we over double-teamed Howard from 2nd quarter on. That led to a lot of big 3s from their other players and one main reason they came back steadily. Coming back from 19pt in the 2nd q. and 14 pt in the 3rd to almost win the game, they did something right.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
We were also lucky that Carter and Redick got hurt during the game. Redick was hot when he got injured. We really need to work on our defensive details and plans and have ways to stop other teams' hot shooting hands. When Nelson is back, we'll have no chance against the Magics as there is simply no cure for the def. weakness of Nash. Luckily, Magic's defense is not the best either.

I agree, the Magic are just a unique team.. We don't have the defense no matter what we do to contain BOTH Howard and all those ten million 3 point shooters they have.

Luckily we matched up small vs. small with them really well to close the game out though. And not that we really have to worry about it because of the Lakers, but I think if we ever were to see the Magic in a 7 games series I think I'd rather it be them than a fully healthy and playoff motivated Celtics team..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05