Make room on the bulletin board....

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, that's ballzy...

Sorry, but when you're one of 4 teams left playing there is no team that is "a lock" for anything.

Just more board material.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The bottom of the article pretty much sums everything up.

Avg Eagles Fan IQ=98

What's Yours? Can you beat it? Take the 3-minute Quiz Now!

Kurt Warner's IQ = 137

Can you beat his score? Try now! Take the quiz!

Avg NFL Fan's IQ=114

What’s Yours? Can you beat it? Todays High Score is 112!

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Wow, that's ballzy...

Sorry, but when you're one of 4 teams left playing there is no team that is "a lock" for anything.

Just more board material.

Exactly...the Cards might win, or they might lose. Either way, it's been a heckuva season.

All I know is, Philly is going to be in for a surprise if they think the Cards they played on Thanksgiving is anything like what they'll find this weekend

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I love it! I hope many more of these articles are written between now and Sunday.

Good work, Gene! I'm sure you had ATL and CAR smashing the Cards as well. Doofus.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The irony is that by losing so badly to them we showed them nothing like what we're likely to do this time.

They however can only do things only so many ways with what they have.

I expect us to unleash the fires of hell itself upon them, they'll need to have asbestos underwear to live.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing can piss me off. Not now. I just wonder if ANY expert will point out the fact that when we played the Eagles the last time:

A. They were the desperate team on the verge of elimination.
B. We had virtually clinched our division
C. It was our 3rd game in 11 days. Think about that one.
D. We had 3 days to prepare and really no day off.
E. That Cardinal team was emotionally and physically drained.

Nevermind. Nobody from the national media will do enough homework to bring that up.

That's okay. They are right. We suck and don't have a chance.;)

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Nothing can piss me off. Not now. I just wonder if ANY expert will point out the fact that when we played the Eagles the last time:

A. They were the desperate team on the verge of elimination.
B. We had virtually clinched our division
C. It was our 3rd game in 11 days. Think about that one.
D. We had 3 days to prepare and really no day off.
E. That Cardinal team was emotionally and physically drained.

Nevermind. Nobody from the national media will do enough homework to bring that up.

That's okay. They are right. We suck and don't have a chance.;)

Not to mention the egg the Eagles layed in Washington in week 15

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
OfficeMax is making a fortune off selling bulletin boards to the Cards coaching staff

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Despite the economy being in the tank, Eagles fans will find a way to take over Glendale. The Cardinals' ticket office better come up with a plan because the Eagles will try to take over the stadium
Sure pal...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bottom of the article pretty much sums everything up.

Avg Eagles Fan IQ=98

What's Yours? Can you beat it? Take the 3-minute Quiz Now!

Kurt Warner's IQ = 137

Can you beat his score? Try now! Take the quiz!

Avg NFL Fan's IQ=114

What’s Yours? Can you beat it? Todays High Score is 112!
I saw it today & it showed the avg Cards' fan IQ as 134. Sweet!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
To Gene W.,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your article claiming the Cardinals had virtually no shot at winning the Championship game this weekend. That was the same thing they (national media, specifically ESPN) said about the Falcons, and the same thing they said about the Panthers. They even went as far as to say, "Well the Panthers are not the Falcons" and now you give us "The Eagles are not the Falcons". Great stuff because it continues to insult and more importantly motivate the Cardinals, and the Cardinals fans (the game this weekend sold out in 3 hrs by the way, 70,000 strong).

You could have made a more objective and subtle headline but that would have not helped out the Cardinals. You could have taken an easy stand, and say that this weekend's game will be a good battle against to good teams, so that when the out come is determind you could have still looked like a reporter who is giving a breakdown of the game. No, you are brave and made a statement that the Cardinals shouldn't even take the field, and the Eagles should book thier flights to Tampa Bay by tonight (Mon.). It is a great job, of taking that risk, because as I said you a doing a great job of motivating our team and fan base. Plus the sacrifice you made for will not be forgotten if the Cardinals win the game and this article you wrote this weekend makes you look clueless, arrogant, and misinformed, by hey, you work for ESPN so that is par for the course over there.

Keep it up !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my letter to him. I took a page from Dockett's book.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
Pathetic journalism, and kind of ridiculous from a football perspective.

Totally throwing out the specific teams involved and our rooting interest in them for a moment...

Why does everybody seem to forget the whole "any given Sunday" maxim come playoff time? Everybody spouts it as a truism during the season for good reason... it's true. Particularly in this era of salary cap parity. So why do the dolts who get paid to write about football always seem to act like playoff games are predictable, and act shocked when there's an upset? I mean, c'mon. You throw out the crappy half of the teams for the playoffs, and all of a sudden it's a shocking event that a 9-7 team beats a 12-4 team? Sure, I buy that teams will generally be more focused in the playoffs and the better team will tend to win more often as a result, but still. Parity. And none of the bad teams are participating. No outcome should be utterly shocking.

This article is pure trash, no matter what teams it happened to be about. No NFL playoff team requires a miracle to win, especially at home.

I'm just happy because pretty much every Cardinal is going to be raging about this crap all week.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really fires me up when I read crap like this...but if it's what has help light a blaze under the Cards, then keep 'em coming media idiots!

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Love it, love it. I hope we don't get anyone on our bandwagon. We still don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Eagles, best team that has ever been, we don't deserve to even be on the field with them. Ok, I guess we will show up just to play in front of an all Eagle crowd. Sorry to have disgraced the NFL.

SwingOnThis

Reaction score
What some hack ESPN.com writer thinks isn't going to have any effect on this game. Bulletin board material is overrated. Plus it's not the Eagles disrespecting the Cards, it's some no-nothing writer.

This game will be settled on the field.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What some hack ESPN.com writer thinks isn't going to have any effect on this game. Bulletin board material is overrated. Plus it's not the Eagles disrespecting the Cards, it's some no-nothing writer.

This game will be settled on the field.

The Game is always decided on the field. Football is an amazing mix of talent, planning, scheming and EMOTION. Countless quotes from players on every NFL team saying "we were disrespected", "it's us against the world", "the experts didn't give us a chance", etc.

BB material isn't the only factor in a game but it can't be ignored. In a league where the talent level is fairly well balanced (parity) the x factor can be emotion.

SwingOnThis

Reaction score
Countless quotes from players on every NFL team saying "we were disrespected", "it's us against the world", "the experts didn't give us a chance", etc.

I'm an Eagles fan, and i see the Eagles players saying the exact same things you quoted above. If both teams feel 'disrespected', is there really any edge to be had? I don't think it means much. Both teams will be amped up by default, it's the freaking NFCCG. The team that executes better will win.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
A-Dub on the radio right now - still playing the disrespect card.

Pissed that Deion Sanders said he would sell his Super Bowl tix if the Cardinals made it there. :eek:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm an Eagles fan, and i see the Eagles players saying the exact same things you quoted above. If both teams feel 'disrespected', is there really any edge to be had? I don't think it means much. Both teams will be amped up by default, it's the freaking NFCCG. The team that executes better will win.

Good point. I actually was thinking of some of the stuff Dawkins was saying after the win against the Giants.
So maybe the emotion thing is a wash.
Maybe some teams manufacture their emotion by creating perceived slights by the media etc.
Maybe some teams know in their soul that they truly are disrespected and it brings a higher level of emotion.

This is the NFL, nothing can be taken for granted.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05