Manning would sit out 2004 if selected by Chargers

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Chargers | Manning Would Sit Out if Selected - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:12:23 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports QB Eli Manning (Mississippi) is prepared to sit out the entire 2004 season if selected by the San Diego Chargers.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Too bad but being an @$$hole doesn't mean you can't be great or win a SB.
Life doesn't work like that :(

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What would be really funny is, the Chargers tank the season and have the #1 pick again....and take Manning again

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This just proves that he isn't playing football for the love of the game. He is playing for the $$$ and the publicity.

What an F-ing joke

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good one Ryan!
They would probably not have to tank the season they are the worst team in the NFL imo and they could very well be at number 1 again.
ROTFLMAO!

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
What about that great character that was supposed to be the thing that made him the best QB in this draft. Considering he's not the most talented QB in this draft, I don't see any reason why he should go ahead of Ben R. now.

Wasn't he so great because "he's a Manning". Wasn't that supposed to set him apart from the rest of this draft class. All I see now is a whiny scumbag. I would want no part of this kid on my team. Anyone who thinks they are bigger than the game, doesn't respect the game. I hope he busts more than Kellen Winslow in the NFL. Screw Eli Manning.

OP
OP
azdad1978

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
What would be really funny is, the Chargers tank the season and have the #1 pick again....and take Manning again

That would be funny like hell if that happens. What will his excuse next year if the Bolts have the 1st pick again.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long ago would he have been saying the same thing about airs on if they had #1 pick? The thing is I honestly wouldn't blame him. I cheer the Cardinals every season, but I wouldn't want to play here. Hopefully Green gets this thing turned around quickly. Actually, I don't even care if it takes a few seasons as long as he gets it headed in the right direction quickly.

Is the San Diego Charger organization really that bad? I mean it would be a beautiful place to live, especially if you had a lot of money.

Joe Mama

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Manning is a joke. Archie and Eli that is. Eli could be the man in SD, live on the beach, and be the #1 pick. I used to like the guy. what an idiot. :stupid:

OP
OP
azdad1978

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
How long ago would he have been saying the same thing about airs on if they had #1 pick? The thing is I honestly wouldn't blame him. I cheer the Cardinals every season, but I wouldn't want to play here. Hopefully Green gets this thing turned around quickly. Actually, I don't even care if it takes a few seasons as long as he gets it headed in the right direction quickly.

Is the San Diego Charger organization really that bad? I mean it would be a beautiful place to live, especially if you had a lot of money.

Joe Mama

Cards will open a new stadium in 2006, SD is still waiting for a new stadium. DG has a balance offense, Marty is a ball control offense. But it still doesn't give him the right to cry and whine of whose going to draft him. Thats the reason we have a draft so teams that didn't do good will be assure they get the best players in the draft IMO.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that sucks about this for the Chargers is that Archie should have just told them this and not made it public. Now, everyone knows that Eli (or his dad anyway) doesn't want to play for the Chargers, so I think that might compromise their trade ability. Do I think it's wrong for Eli and his pops to be releasing these demands? Absolutely. But I also think it is stupid for the Chargers to waste their 1st pick -- the first pick in the draft -- to take someone who might never suit up.

seesred

Reaction score
My question is how do the worst team get better if the best players don't want to play for them? The NFL is a great league because it has found away for the most part to keeping the field level. Manning comes along and tells the established league what and when. This is very wrong to a team like SD that might be trying to right the ship and put people in the stands there. I hated it when Simeon Rice left becuase he didn't want to play here anymore and many more like him.

You throw a big bonus at a kid if he decides he wants to play he hangs around till the contract is done a puff gone like the wind. When a player signs here this organization is great because he got his money. Somewhere alnog the way they become a horrid team to play for, not only us but many franchises. Manning should be told if he is picked he goes to that team. If he doesn't go they hold his rights forever. Let him play in Canada.

GBR

OP
OP
azdad1978

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
The thing that sucks about this for the Chargers is that Archie should have just told them this and not made it public. Now, everyone knows that Eli (or his dad anyway) doesn't want to play for the Chargers, so I think that might compromise their trade ability. Do I think it's wrong for Eli and his pops to be releasing these demands? Absolutely. But I also think it is stupid for the Chargers to waste their 1st pick -- the first pick in the draft -- to take someone who might never suit up.

The truth is AJ Smith is the one who leaked it to the media. :D

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'll say it one more time. The best QB in Manning history now plays for the Colts. It's spin time for the whole family because Eli doesn't have the same skills. If he fails hard it will be a blot on the legacy. A false legacy based on Peyton.

Archie wasn't that good. Who would have ever mentioned his name again if not for Peyton?

Eli is more a clone of Archie than Peyton. "Almost" should be Eli's middle name.

And the antics that are happening now tend to prove it.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Manning not a Charger

This comes right after the Chargers said they would start negotiating with Manning. I would be surprised if this move by Archie wasn't in response to those negotiations, no doubt he expected them to trade the pick weeks ago when negoations didn't begin then... now they are beginning late and Archie wants them to trade the pick with a team that is more serious about his son's greatness.

Craptastic.

Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I was watching the Sharks/Avs game on ESPN when the ticker scrolled Mort's report on Eli. My girlfriends take was classic: "What a pu$$y".

I almost pissed myself :)

Fukk Eli Manning. I hope he has a Leaf like career.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its draft time: don't believe anything you hear in the media!! Many games are being played!!!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tags needs to pay more attention to this then Clarett. This really undermines the NFL system of "parity" With M Williams and Clarett the NFL system doesn't get undermined.

This is a huge embarrassment to the NFL. This is a continuation of the Terrel Owens thing - I said when they gave in to TO it would start happening more.

OP
OP
azdad1978

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I wonder what would happen if the Cardinals drafted him

Probably the same thing. Jurecki already stated on his show today that his sources already told him that Manning would pull the same thing If we have the #1 pick.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
What a loser.

Like someone already mentioned... What's the point of the draft if players get to pick and choose which teams a player wants to sign with?

It shows that he has no love or the game or competive spirit.