Marc Bulger?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Matt Played Mediocre in the Titans game. He wasnt really good and he wasnt really bad. I don't think 21-31 for 220 yards zero TD's with our group of WR's and perfect weather is "playing well" even on the road.

He obviously didn't play well enough to win. I don't think expecting a TD pass or two our of him in that situation would be asking to much.

If that's what we are judging him on I would say we still don't know what we have.

He OBVIOUSLY did.

We lost on a last second touchdown.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
He obviously didn't play well enough to win.

He OBVIOUSLY did.

We lost on a last second touchdown.
Or you could say that the 17 points he got us wasn't enough to win. He should have gotten us at least one more score. A good QB will provide the margin to overcome a lapse by the defense.

As well or adequate that Matt was in the Titans game, you have to think that if Warner had played, the outcome would have been different.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never thought Bulger was that good even when he was heathy. I'd really not like to see him in Cardinal red.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
That's really no excuse. I can't tell you how many times I typed a post only to delete it prior to posting, just in case it be taken the wrong way.

Thanks for the pep talk Coach! Now give me the ball!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Or you could say that the 17 points he got us wasn't enough to win. He should have gotten us at least one more score. A good QB will provide the margin to overcome a lapse by the defense.

As well or adequate that Matt was in the Titans game, you have to think that if Warner had played, the outcome would have been different.

and he possibly would have if not for a holding call on Reggie Wells.

My goodness people. He had basically ZERO reps in practice that week (Warner didn't tell anyone about his vision problem until the last minute) and we were within A STOP of winning the damn game.

Is Leinart the QBOTF? I don't know but Whis - you know that guy that lead this inept franchise into the Superbowl in his 2nd year - seems to have faith in him. So why not give him a shot?

As for Bulger, I don't think he would be a good fit as we are likely to be going to a run first team instead of the spread offense we have now

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Bulger would be a great pickup as the #2. i'd really like to see Jason Campbell, but I'm sure he'll be starting somewhere (likely Washington).

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Leinart is not Warner and never will be. Two totally different QBs. Leinart's play and playing time has been spotty at best over the last two years.

I think he needs to know he is #1 coming in and develop his own brand of leadership. the other thing is, when he makes a mistake evryone doesn't need to start screaming we wish we had Kurt back. Leinart doesn't have the experience Warner has and until he gets to play on a regular basis he never will. He will make mistakes! Even with all the experience Warner has he still made stupid mistakes.

At least Warner got playing experience in Europe and indoor before he got a start in the NFL and that was due to an injury if I am not mistaken.

I think it's imperative we see what we have in Leinart. I also think it would be wise to sign a vet QB as a backup and draft a project like Brown or Lefever late in the draft.

The offense will need to change to suit Matt's strengths. The present offense was designed to fit Kurt's strengths. I personally hope Leinart suceeds after all the money that was invested in him.

Time and patience are the two factors here.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I think from watching Kurt as a Cardinal that the words "finished" "broken down" and "done" shouldn't be thrown out there so easily.

Before the Rams stripped that team to it's bear bones Marc Bulger had some impressive seasons. With the talent we have, he could easily guide us to the playoffs. He is gun slinger (like Kurt) and is only 32. I would take a look at him if Kurt steps aside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05