Marco Wilson waived

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
TE2 turned out to be better than the old, broken TE1 - smart move by the Cards
QB2 - are you talking about McCoy? Old and broken
RB2 - injured, and outperformed
Not sure if this is what you’re doing, but why is anyone defending this crap roster Monti put out in the field. It’s embarrassing how bad it is.

Wasn’t Mikey B telling us how this team was just recently in the playoffs at the end of last year?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you’re doing, but why is anyone defending this crap roster Monti put out in the field. It’s embarrassing how bad it is.

Wasn’t Mikey B telling us how this team was just recently in the playoffs at the end of last year?
Not defending the roster that is on the field.

Just pointing out that the players released really weren't any good in the first place

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
At draft time I explained in college he drove his coaches crazy. He was a great athlete but seemed to be constantly intimidated. He was the opposite of a shutdown corner. It’s a coach‘s ego thing. They’re always certain they can fix a great athlete. Usually what you see in college attitude-wise is what you get in the NFL.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for the coaching up some talked about. Myjai Sanders another one that was cut.
That's what I was saying. Rashad Lawrence and Lecitus Smith come to mind too. Lawrence is good enough to be on the Dolphins practice squad and Smith is good enough to be on the Eagles.

I know coaches want guys on the team that they know. But the old players could be coached up as well. It is not like these guys are all butt hurt Kliff and VJ are gone and trying to start locker room rebellions.

Reactions: PJ1

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I
That's what I was saying. Rashad Lawrence and Lecitus Smith come to mind too. Lawrence is good enough to be on the Dolphins practice squad and Smith is good enough to be on the Eagles.

I know coaches want guys on the team that they know. But the old players could be coached up as well. It is not like these guys are all butt hurt Kliff and VJ are gone and trying to start locker room rebellions.
Myjai Sanders had more tackles than Cam Thomas and BJ Ojulari combined last week.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm as critical of this team as anyone but I don't get how Marco Wilson getting cut is ruffling any feathers.

He's been one of the worst corners in the league the last few seasons... if anything him not getting cut sooner was strange.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So being cut from an NFL roster and the best they can do is on another team's practice squad is an indictment of the cutting?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So being cut from an NFL roster and the best they can do is on another team's practice squad is an indictment of the cutting?
I am not upset he's cut. It's just not normal. After the season = normal. Gannon and staff get a full mulligan this year.

Next year... No mulligan. Don't want to hear it's Keim's and Kliff's fault next season. Guys like Starling Thomas, Pappoe and Ojulari should be turning heads around the league and we are significantly better.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
TE2 turned out to be better than the old, broken TE1 - smart move by the Cards
QB2 - are you talking about McCoy? Old and broken
RB2 - injured, and outperformed
Most people knew all this before the preseason started, though. Ertz should never have started over McBride, espcially coming off a serious injury. Colt looked cooked last year. Ingraham averaged 2 yards per carry last season. Why were they so high up on the depth chart in the first place?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most people knew all this before the preseason started, though. Ertz should never have started over McBride, espcially coming off a serious injury. Colt looked cooked last year. Ingraham averaged 2 yards per carry last season. Why were they so high up on the depth chart in the first place?
Valid question.

You could look at it like that, or that new regime trying to make sure they knew what they had or didn't have.