Marion

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Because he absolutely CHOKES on the big one. Trade his worthless playoff hide as soon as we possibly can. Wonderful player during the season, but he becomes a frightened little child in the playoffs. Seriously, he looks like he wants to just curl up in the fetal position on the court. God, can any player be any more of a marshmallow in the playoffs? I cannot emphasize too much how badly he makes me want to vomit as I watch him crumble. Sickening.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
:barf:
Marion has been infuriating. What a shame--such a wonderful player in almost every other circumstance. But verrrry small in the playoffs.....

jibikao

Reaction score
If you just watch the first half, then yes, Marion was pretty much worthless. He started the game by missing tons of easy shots (while we couldn't defend our paint at all) and when we tried to close down to 10pt deficit, he missed one of the easiest layups, which turned into another 2pt for Clippers.

I hope he wakes up in 2nd half and the stats show that he does play much better in 2nd half.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
He gets way too much blame here. Yeah I agree he's playing poorly and there really isn't an excuse for that but he's not a superstar.

We are forcing him to be a superstar due to injuries. He is what he is (a great role player 3rd option) and nothing more

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
He's a two-time all-star, self-professed MVP candidate. He should be measured by a different standard than "role player." And that measurement, when it really really counts, is not good enough, imo.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
The guy is almost becoming an offensive liability in the first half of games.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Marion, Barbosa, ATL #1, Phx #1

For

Garnett

Get it done in the offseason fellas.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
He gets way too much blame here. Yeah I agree he's playing poorly and there really isn't an excuse for that but he's not a superstar.

We are forcing him to be a superstar due to injuries. He is what he is (a great role player 3rd option) and nothing more

With a max contract. :bang:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sundance said:
The guy is almost becoming an offensive liability in the first half of games.

Almost? I cringe every time he touches the ball, unless it's a tip-in on someone else's miss.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

And how good was he last year in the playoffs when he DID have Amare? Yeah, that's what I thought.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He's a small forward playing the 4.

If Amare or even KT was playing Marion would be freed to get a lot more boards and open cuts to the basket.

I guess its all Marions fault that the Suns are getting outrebounded 46 to 18. If he had his usual 35 boards the Suns would be right in it.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ummm if Marion didnt get that rebound in game 6 the Suns would be watching the playoffs right now. EVERYONE is having a terrible night. The boys just don't have the legs tonight.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
devilalum said:

If Amare or even KT was playing Marion would be freed to get a lot more boards and open cuts to the basket.

I guess its all Marions fault that the Suns are getting outrebounded 46 to 18. If he had his usual 35 boards the Suns would be right in it.

Oh please, he's been successful as a 3 playing 4s for at least two years now. There's really no good excuse for his poor shooting--he was open on almost all his early shots.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
haverford said:
Oh please, he's been successful as a 3 playing 4s for at least two years now. There's really no good excuse for his poor shooting--he was open on almost all his early shots.

If you give up energy defensively, then you lose some of your offensive game. He has been horrid tonight but so has everyone else.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
clif said:
Ummm if Marion didnt get that rebound in game 6 the Suns would be watching the playoffs right now. EVERYONE is having a terrible night. The boys just don't have the legs tonight.

Well that settles it. Marion has been excellent tonight and throughout the playoffs. My mistake.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
devilalum said:

See my above post. Marion folds in the playoffs.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
If you give up energy defensively, then you lose some of your offensive game. He has been horrid tonight but so has everyone else.

He had a brown out energy lull five minutes into the game, for the first time in two years of playing power forwards? Not the Marion I know.:thud:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Marion, Barbosa, ATL #1, Phx #1

For

Garnett

Get it done in the offseason fellas.

I would actually cry, from sadness not from joy, if that stupid trade even gets talked about.

Marion had a good playoffs last season(when not being guarded by the best defender in the NBA) and after the first few games he has given us what we needed from him. A couple of these games he's missed easy shots but I don't expect that to continue.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

yeah but I whole threads on how amare can't hold his jock pretty much 100% agreement then when he is exposed I see people defending him saying it's not fair to hold him to a superstar's standard I wonder what has changed other than it's become the playoffs?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
haverford said:
Well that settles it. Marion has been excellent tonight and throughout the playoffs. My mistake.

Didn't say that. I just don't think we needed ANOTHER thread calling out Marion when the WHOLE freaking team is stinking it up tonight. But go with what will make you feel better.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
clif said:
Didn't say that. I just don't think we needed ANOTHER thread calling out Marion when the WHOLE freaking team is stinking it up tonight. But go with what will make you feel better.

You're right, you didn't say that. But Marion does deserve a little heat for his play so far in the playoffs, save a few plays. And it does make me feel a bit better, thanks. :D

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
haverford said:
You're right, you didn't say that. But Marion does deserve a little heat for his play so far in the playoffs, save a few plays. And it does make me feel a bit better, thanks. :D

I for one have more than enough ammunition to shoot at Marion for his poor play, but it became painfully obvious early that no one else had anything either.

I do think it was kinda silly that Marion got so many freaking shots early in the game when he clearly was struggling but again no one else stepped up either.