Marlins vs. D-backs series thread

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And good job Lyon - three doubles in the 9th to probably put the game out of reach.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why do we suck so bad when we play the Marlins. They are average all across the board.

The one positive I take from this series is that I like Yusmero Petit. Numbers speak for themselves. He is a solid #5 and I no longer cringe when I see his name as the probable starter. Right now, Davis is the only one with that distinction.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
we pitched to well to lose this series. we should have won every game. good to see cruz do well. lyon sucks. I just feel for are starting pitching that is pitching so well and not getting wins. hell even davis impressed!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When will Melvin realize Lyon should be pitching in the 7th or 8th, not the 9th?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
we pitched to well to lose this series. we should have won every game. good to see cruz do well. lyon sucks. I just feel for are starting pitching that is pitching so well and not getting wins. hell even davis impressed!

"Pitched too well to lose the series"???????????? The D-backs have pitched too well over the entire season to be where they are today! No team in my recent memory has had a staff and the stats as do the D-backs, to be struggling to stay above .500. They're #1 in all of MLB in WHIP! Incredible...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That team owns us. We are still in first. Bring on Peavy.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Lyons is struggling bigtime... However, he is very, very far from the problem...
So do you think he should be replaced as closer or shouldn't he?

With the meetings Melvin had and the Press reported a few days ago, it sure sounded like they were easing us into thinking Lyons would be replaced as closer. Then, that was the end of it.

Hey guys, look up the definition of passive-aggressive behavior patterns. Bend to whatever sounds right, then forget about it . . . rather than take a strong stand one way or the other.

Another Bob Melvin moment. That's why we're still not much better than a .500 team.

The feeling is that if we manage to hold on to 1st place through the season, our starting pitching staff could win us a World Series. There's something to that . . . unless Melvin hasn't committed to a rock solid 7th-8th-9th inning combination.

Last edited:

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Went to today's game. The fans booed Lyon as he came off the field. The jumbotron is cool. John Mccain was at the game.

Why do people show up late for sporting events in Arizona? I was waiting outside for my friends. I saw people walking in to the ballpark when the game started.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dodgers lose 5-2 on a walk-off homer in the 11th!!!

TJ

Reaction score
Thank you Phillies for sweeping the Dodgers.....means we gained a game on them throughout the Marlins series

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the Phillies just beat the Dodgers so we still have a 3 game lead to bad we couldn't have taken advantage of it and got a 4 game lead :(, but i'll take a 3 game lead heading into the padre series

TJ

Reaction score
They did not sweep them yet. They play one more tomorrow.

Oops, maybe I should do my homework next time.

Nevertheless, they'll get the sweep

Just means that the Dodgers wont have a days rest when they come in next weekend, while we get Thursday off

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Why the HELL do you use Burke as a pinch-hitter when you have the very hot Miguel Montero on the bench?????

the marlins already brought rhodes in and he eats up lefties - bringing the righty against him was the sound baseball move, even if from a recent production standpoint it doesn't make much sense ........ drew has been hot as well and rhodes dispatched of him fairly easily as well as striking out both lefties he faced in Fridays game

all in all a nice series by my fish - good to finally win one again - still major concerns about the bullpen and depth of hitting, they strand a ton of runners - but really like how the young starting rotation is starting to come together, willingham is starting to swing the bat again and loduca has been a nice addition so far helping add depth to the bench

i think people here definitely underestimate that the marlins are a good team - they are just very young and prone to making some really boneheaded errors

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone just make Lyon go away? He simply should not be pitching at the Major League Level... and not come back until he figures out what's wrong (if he ever does).

As far as being a set up guy, does it really matter when they hit 3 doubles off you? :shrug:

15 day DL, at least for him.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
thanks sorry about that i just looked it up. Dont know how many days it will be before he comes back though. we need him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05