Matt Leinart's Personal Life Merge Thread

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Preface...this isn't a comment towards you per se...

And that is the freaking point. Nothing else you posted even matters. It's an effing Halloween party, where people act foolish and have fun drinking and clowning around.

It has absolutely nothing to do with football, at all. Not one bit. All this pretentious BS about his life and his performance on the field being related is obnoxious. It is stupid, worthless and tabloid. I hate every ounce of it.

Matt may very well be a bust, but it will be because he doesn't perform at the NFL level due to on the field decision making and ability to read defenses, not because he likes to party down at his house with some myspace hooches or because he plays grabass with Nick Lachey at Halloween parties. People are acting like athletes are hermit nuns, never pulling their noses out of a playbook while Matt is prancing around shoving his junk in the dark nether-reaches of the smut and drunkassery.

If he busts, its because he didn't have the goods. Skipping a Halloween party and not throwing parties at his house has absolutely no affect on it. If he were getting some DUIs and fighting in bars on the regular, then you can say he's out of control. Right now he's just living his effing life, which happens to be flat-out awesome.

And that's about all I'm going to comment on this matter, because the haughty and holier-than-thou attitudes creeping out of this discussion make me effing sick to my stomach.

Carry on.

FWIW...

I never said he'll be a bust BECAUSE of what he does off the field... I do however believe that (while not in all cases), the majority of the time the decisions an athlete makes off the field are fairly reliable indicators with regard to their potential on the field...
IMO, when you are a pro athlete and under the scope to the degree Matty is, your pictures become the public's pictures - just the way it is... Matty is certainly not the first and won't be the last "star" to have his moves followed by the public. In fact, for Matty, this has been the case for quite some time. So not only has he shown an inability to learn and progress on the field, he's also demonstrated this same trait off the field...

If his pictures showing up on thedirty.com bother him (which I don't believe is the case), then perhaps he should consider changing his off-field behavior. Somehow though, I think his pix becoming public bothers the public more than Matty...

At the end of the day, Matty will be judged for his performance - or lack thereof - on the field. I can guarantee you that if he does fail on the field, his off-field behavior will be tightly linked to the whole story... Is that right? Honestly, I'm not sure...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing I took out of this entire thread was that I am now super pissed off at 82CardsGrad.

Who said you were allowed to change that avatar?? :)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am trying my hardest not to post on this board atleast until the draft. Seeing things like that force me to speak out though.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How the hell do you go from a hot woman to some hardboiled eggs?? You gotta get it together man.

I know... I had a sudden urge around Easter to clean up my act a bit... I'm a reformed Catholic but every once and a while, I get a bit of the guilts and well, the eggs were the closest thing I grabbed at the time...

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know... I had a sudden urge around Easter to clean up my act a bit... I'm a reformed Catholic but every once and a while, I get a bit of the guilts and well, the eggs were the closest thing I grabbed at the time...

Reformed Catholic? Is it catching?:D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Reformed Catholic? Is it catching?:D

Oh no... at least I don't think so... I'm as faithful a person as you will ever come aross 40. I stopped attending the Catholic Church about 4 years ago. Found a non-denominational Christian Bible Church that works for me...
I just didn't need all of the Catholic ritual any longer...

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no... at least I don't think so... I'm as faithful a person as you will ever come aross 40. I stopped attending the Catholic Church about 4 years ago. Found a non-denominational Christian Bible Church that works for me...
I just didn't need all of the Catholic ritual any longer...

I was raised Catholic. The thing I enjoyed most about the church was all the pomp and circumstance at Easter, Christmas, etc. and the fact that the masses were in Latin made it all the more mysterious. Makes for some very fond childhood memories. Small town, good friends, people helping one another and Father Fitzmorris (he could have been the priest in the roles that Barry Fitzgerald played). All we lacked was Bing Crosby.:D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I was raised Catholic. The thing I enjoyed most about the church was all the pomp and circumstance at Easter, Christmas, etc. and the fact that the masses were in Latin made it all the more mysterious. Makes for some very fond childhood memories. Small town, good friends, people helping one another and Father Fitzmorris (he could have been the priest in the roles that Barry Fitzgerald played). All we lacked was Bing Crosby.:D

Man this is funny... A thread about Matt's serving underage coeds morphs into stories of fond catholc memories!!! LMAO!

40, I can totally relate to your Catholic memories... As an Italian who hails from a very large family, I can attest to the very distinctive practices on all the major catholic holy days, and in particular easter and christmas as on those two days, church was always followed by a HUGE party at my grandparents home, filled with tons of aunts, uncles, cousins and others whom I still have no clue who they were... Good times for sure...

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
NO. He didn't he stayed at his house, and drank. He wasn't out in public. He was at his house.

But Fitzgerald going to Argentina or some crazy place is OK ? Like Fitzgerald is in Argentina, and is in his room by 8:30pm reading the Bible. :shrug:

This is stupid.

And praying that the paternity suit goes away.....I'm sorry....that was uncalled for.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a lacrosse game where multiple people asked me: "Did you see those Lienart photos?" keep in mind I live in Denver. not AZ)

"Yeah, I did," I replied a little sheepishly.

They all said almost exactly the same thing: "Dude, I'm thinking I might be a Cardinals fan now. That guy is awesome."

I had to laugh. From the outside, seems to me people LIKE the persona of the partying like it's 1999 QB.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just got back from a lacrosse game where multiple people asked me: "Did you see those Lienart photos?" keep in mind I live in Denver. not AZ)

"Yeah, I did," I replied a little sheepishly.

They all said almost exactly the same thing: "Dude, I'm thinking I might be a Cardinals fan now. That guy is awesome."

I had to laugh. From the outside, seems to me people LIKE the persona of the partying like it's 1999 QB.

IMO, there is little doubt that Matty will wind up with more fans outside of Cardinal-land than within the fan-base...:D

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I will give credit to Scott Bordow

he has gone anti-Bickley on the whole Leinart thing

it would have been easy for a columnist to make hay with this thing, but Bordow hasnt

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Peter King also touched on it in his MMQB -

4. I think we need to let Matt Leinart live his life and not freak out when photos show up of him in a hot tub with four bikini-clad girls. Tell me something: What's wrong with a very eligible bachelor hanging out with attractive girls (apparently very much of age) in a hot tub some night early in the offseason? I heard a TV person call the photos "disturbing.'' Why is it bad for Leinart to be photographed with four pretty girls in a hot tub, doing nothing but smiling for the camera?

Now, I guess it's not the best image to have Leinart, in another photo, delivering a beer to a girl in one of those college funnel-type apparatuses, but again, tell me what there is to be outraged about? Is there proof that any of them are 17? Nineteen? And to be outraged that, say, a 20-year-old college junior (if this even were the case) is in a hot tub with a professional quarterback ... it's silly. Just silly.

We have paparazzi-type Web sites devoted to taking these pictures and promoting public outrage over something I find totally non-outrageous. It's a sad commentary on the way we live that we're spending hand-wringing indignation over this while 9,000 more serious things are going wrong in our society. I like what Scott Bordow of the East Valley Tribune said about it. "How do we know Leinart wasn't at the Cardinals' facility all day, working out, watching film, meeting with coaches, etc. We don't. But we're more than happy to jump to conclusions based on a few photos.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/04/06/labor/2.html

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Peter King also touched on it in his MMQB -

4. I think we need to let Matt Leinart live his life and not freak out when photos show up of him in a hot tub with four bikini-clad girls. Tell me something: What's wrong with a very eligible bachelor hanging out with attractive girls (apparently very much of age) in a hot tub some night early in the offseason? I heard a TV person call the photos "disturbing.'' Why is it bad for Leinart to be photographed with four pretty girls in a hot tub, doing nothing but smiling for the camera?

Now, I guess it's not the best image to have Leinart, in another photo, delivering a beer to a girl in one of those college funnel-type apparatuses, but again, tell me what there is to be outraged about? Is there proof that any of them are 17? Nineteen? And to be outraged that, say, a 20-year-old college junior (if this even were the case) is in a hot tub with a professional quarterback ... it's silly. Just silly.

We have paparazzi-type Web sites devoted to taking these pictures and promoting public outrage over something I find totally non-outrageous. It's a sad commentary on the way we live that we're spending hand-wringing indignation over this while 9,000 more serious things are going wrong in our society. I like what Scott Bordow of the East Valley Tribune said about it. "How do we know Leinart wasn't at the Cardinals' facility all day, working out, watching film, meeting with coaches, etc. We don't. But we're more than happy to jump to conclusions based on a few photos.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/04/06/labor/2.html

Yeah we let him live his life and we live ours. But we're not in the public limelight. There is a price to pay if your a community figure in responsability. Was he being irresponsible with a minor at his house? I mean we have this underage drinking and driving campain that's meant to keep the streets safer and you see stuff like that from a prominent community figure. That's what people question. I know you can't look at everyones ID but scheez.

Otherwise, party on dude , and let the club be responsible.

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I disagree. I think Peter King hit the nail on the head.

Matt is NOT in a postion of public responsibility. Matt is in his mid 20's and is a QB for the Arizona Cardinals. If people are looking at Matt or any other pro athlete for guidence in their own lives then they are sadly misguided.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Matt is NOT in a postion of public responsibility. Matt is in his mid 20's and is a QB for the Arizona Cardinals. If people are looking at Matt or any other pro athlete for guidence in their own lives then they are sadly misguided.

Absolutely. I'd much rather have Charles Barkley as my role model than Matt Leinart.;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:notworthy to you and Peter King.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

Amen sir.. well said! :thumbup: