Matt Leinart's Personal Life Merge Thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why are you so positive these girls were underage?

I could have sworn someone in this thread posted a source that said that. That's why I hadn't jumped in on this thread at all, because it was no big deal. Once I heard about underagers, though, then I jumped in.

Man, that last sentence sounds creepy :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so you feel he insulted you. I didn't, so don't get on my case about it. Your answer was still silly.

Sorry Stout. Didn't mean to jump on you. I just get riled when people jump into a conversation and jump on my butt when I wasn't talking to them in the first place. You can refute what someone is saying without getting personal about it.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Tell that to the parents. I was a criminal justice major, and it was pounded into our heads during my Crimes Code class, for this and other offenses: ignorance is NOT a defense that the law allows for.
Two things Stout. If my minor teenager (and I have them so I'm not talking out of my ass) presented herself as of age by being in a bar and then ended up having consenting sex with any man I would not hold that man responsible. She lied. She would need to answer for what she had done.

As far as ignorance goes, maybe I'm wrong but I would think that ignorance would apply to not knowing the consenting age in that state or not attempting to establish an age of the female. The man would have a very reasonable arguement that he had established her age to be at least 21 since she is in a bar. Since the oldest age of consent in the US is 18 he would have a very reasonable arguement that he was not commiting a crime. No intent to commit a crime and intent not to.

Semantics. This isn't the question. Did he provide alcohol to minors? If he did knowingly provide alcohol to minors, then that should be dealt with. I'm not going to judge too quickly, especially since I have only seen one picture with someone, who may or may not be a minor, who may or may not be dring alcohol. We assume she is, but where are all of the other drinks?

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn someone in this thread posted a source that said that. That's why I hadn't jumped in on this thread at all, because it was no big deal. Once I heard about underagers, though, then I jumped in.

Man, that last sentence sounds creepy :D
From what I've gathered, it's all speculation as to the ages of the girls. No proof of any of them being underage has been brought forward, and the police said they are not looking into it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Two things Stout. If my minor teenager (and I have them so I'm not talking out of my ass) presented herself as of age by being in a bar and then ended up having consenting sex with any man I would not hold that man responsible. She lied. She would need to answer for what she had done.

As far as ignorance goes, maybe I'm wrong but I would think that ignorance would apply to not knowing the consenting age in that state or not attempting to establish an age of the female. The man would have a very reasonable arguement that he had established her age to be at least 21 since she is in a bar. Since the oldest age of consent in the US is 18 he would have a very reasonable arguement that he was not commiting a crime. No intent to commit a crime and intent not to.

Semantics. This isn't the question. Did he provide alcohol to minors? If he did knowingly provide alcohol to minors, then that should be dealt with. I'm not going to judge too quickly, especially since I have only seen one picture with someone, who may or may not be a minor, who may or may not be dring alcohol. We assume she is, but where are all of the other drinks?

As to ignorance, you are definitely wrong. It is not an accepted legal excuse for committing a crime. I think, but I'm not sure, that the parents don't necessarily get a say. I want to say that the crime is prosecuted regardless. I'm pretty sure of that, but not totally.

Your last paragraph is dead on. This is definitely an IF case. IF he did, then he's wrong and deserves the criticism. IF he didn't, then as long as it doesn't hamper his play, good on him. I still want to see him actually show progression before we get too comfortable with this lifestyle, though.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As to ignorance, you are definitely wrong. It is not an accepted legal excuse for committing a crime. I think, but I'm not sure, that the parents don't necessarily get a say. I want to say that the crime is prosecuted regardless. I'm pretty sure of that, but not totally.

Your last paragraph is dead on. This is definitely an IF case. IF he did, then he's wrong and deserves the criticism. IF he didn't, then as long as it doesn't hamper his play, good on him. I still want to see him actually show progression before we get too comfortable with this lifestyle, though.
:thumbup:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
And calling someone ******** is classy? Whom do you think is the childish one here?

I didnt call you ********. I called the arguement ********. Big difference. If you are ********, then I apologize.

See if this is better:

Mentally disabled arguement!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Sorry Stout. Didn't mean to jump on you. I just get riled when people jump into a conversation and jump on my butt when I wasn't talking to them in the first place. You can refute what someone is saying without getting personal about it.

No one got personal with you. I did refute your arguement and you essentially called me a child moletser (or someone who sleeps with underage girls anyway).

He is representing a business, a team, and a state, if you cant see how this is wrong on so many levels, then I cant convince you.

He should be allowed to have fun, but come on already. Professional athletes ARE held to a higher standard and it is even written in their contracts.

Hell, the fact that he did this doesnt bother me as much as his stupidity of allowing people to take his pictures in these situations. Bad judgement

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one got personal with you. I did refute your arguement and you essentially called me a child moletser (or someone who sleeps with underage girls anyway).

He is representing a business, a team, and a state, if you cant see how this is wrong on so many levels, then I cant convince you.

He should be allowed to have fun, but come on already. Professional athletes ARE held to a higher standard and it is even written in their contracts.

Hell, the fact that he did this doesnt bother me as much as his stupidity of allowing people to take his pictures in these situations. Bad judgement

So let's see if we got this straight. It's alright for you to call people names, be offended when they call you on it and then in an effort to change the subject, make up a situation where you can pretend like you are offended. Gotcha.

Because Leinart is a lucky SOB with lots of money, beautiful women hanging on him, young and enjoying life, he needs to be punished. Isn't that called envy?

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
So let's see if we got this straight. It's alright for you to call people names, be offended when they call you on it and then in an effort to change the subject, make up a situation where you can pretend like you are offended. Gotcha.

Because Leinart is a lucky SOB with lots of money, beautiful women hanging on him, young and enjoying life, he needs to be punished. Isn't that called envy?

I am not offended 40. I just wanted to be clear I wasnt calling you ********. I dont even know you.

The rest? meh, just agree to disagree. Arguing over this crap is pointless. Lets just hope he makes better decisions on the field.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not offended 40. I just wanted to be clear I wasnt calling you ********. I dont even know you.

The rest? meh, just agree to disagree. Arguing over this crap is pointless. Lets just hope he makes better decisions on the field.

I agree.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Man, I hope people don't post pics of me from Halloween parties!

Don't take this the wrong way Donald, but unless you are the multi-million dollar best ever NFL prepared college QB starting for my team, I really couldn't care less about what you do at Halloween parties...
Truthfully, I really don't care what Matty chooses to do at Halloween parties either. However, the moron has yet to prove that he was worth all the hype. Has yet to show that we should continue to place faith in him.
He brings this crap on himself...and the crap is fueled by his lack of production on the field.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As to the first part, no kidding, right? Nothing wrong with those girls (especially the one in the front on the right :D ). And yes, Jersey, remember to a lot of guys out there, looks ARE everything, sadly.

Oh, I never forget it. I live in Scottsdale.

As to the rest, let me ask you a question. Sure, you partied with underage people when you were 25, but did you bring them to your own house and serve them alcohol? HUUUUGE difference, in circumstance and stupidity on Matty's part, IMO. No, it isn't the worst offense in the world, but the lack of thought process and lack of maturity that went behind the decision is horrible. Ya know, maybe let's not do something illegal that gets plastered all over the net, Matt.

Yes, I did bring them to my house and yes, I did serve them alcohol. Most of them were related to me though. Not sure if that makes a difference.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preface...this isn't a comment towards you per se...

Truthfully, I really don't care what Matty chooses to do at Halloween parties either.

And that is the freaking point. Nothing else you posted even matters. It's an effing Halloween party, where people act foolish and have fun drinking and clowning around.

It has absolutely nothing to do with football, at all. Not one bit. All this pretentious BS about his life and his performance on the field being related is obnoxious. It is stupid, worthless and tabloid. I hate every ounce of it.

Matt may very well be a bust, but it will be because he doesn't perform at the NFL level due to on the field decision making and ability to read defenses, not because he likes to party down at his house with some myspace hooches or because he plays grabass with Nick Lachey at Halloween parties. People are acting like athletes are hermit nuns, never pulling their noses out of a playbook while Matt is prancing around shoving his junk in the dark nether-reaches of the smut and drunkassery.

If he busts, its because he didn't have the goods. Skipping a Halloween party and not throwing parties at his house has absolutely no affect on it. If he were getting some DUIs and fighting in bars on the regular, then you can say he's out of control. Right now he's just living his effing life, which happens to be flat-out awesome.

And that's about all I'm going to comment on this matter, because the haughty and holier-than-thou attitudes creeping out of this discussion make me effing sick to my stomach.

Carry on.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preface...this isn't a comment towards you per se...

And that is the freaking point. Nothing else you posted even matters. It's an effing Halloween party, where people act foolish and have fun drinking and clowning around.

It has absolutely nothing to do with football, at all. Not one bit. All this pretentious BS about his life and his performance on the field being related is obnoxious. It is stupid, worthless and tabloid. I hate every ounce of it.

Matt may very well be a bust, but it will be because he doesn't perform at the NFL level due to on the field decision making and ability to read defenses, not because he likes to party down at his house with some myspace hooches or because he plays grabass with Nick Lachey at Halloween parties. People are acting like athletes are hermit nuns, never pulling their noses out of a playbook while Matt is prancing around shoving his junk in the dark nether-reaches of the smut and drunkassery.

If he busts, its because he didn't have the goods. Skipping a Halloween party and not throwing parties at his house has absolutely no affect on it. If he were getting some DUIs and fighting in bars on the regular, then you can say he's out of control. Right now he's just living his effing life, which happens to be flat-out awesome.

And that's about all I'm going to comment on this matter, because the haughty and holier-than-thou attitudes creeping out of this discussion make me effing sick to my stomach.

Carry on.

:notworthy