Mavericks @ Suns 12-13-18

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we transplant Holmes' brain into Ayton's head?

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
I've seen at least four plays by Jackson tonight where he thinks he's the only Sun on the court. And he missed each one of the forced shots. I don't think there is any hope for him.

My guess is not that he is selfish, but rather just isn't too damn bright.

On the lighter side, TNT just showed a Taco Bell commercial encouraging drivers to run red lights because the chalupa box on the front seat doesn't have a seat belt. Unbelievable!

Like i have said, Jackson does well when he does NOT have the ball in his hands. Spot up 3. Good. Fast break or cut to the basket. Emphatic dunk. 9 times out of 10 when he has the ball he dribbles head down, drives to the basket and misses a wild shot. Unfortunately we dont have any real coaches to explain this to him. Or, you know, coach him.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Holmes is in at crunch time this game, playing good offense and defense, and the Suns win by 10, despite all five Dallas starters returning at the 6:18 mark.

The Mav's 3-point shooting was putrid tonight and a lot of turnovers. That seemed to be the difference maker. Hopefully it was the Suns defense.

That's seven straight wins over Dallas. We have their number. And we snap a 10 game losing streak. Warren with 30, his season high.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Suns 99 - Mavericks 89

The Suns ten game losing streak is ended!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Holmes, Crawford and Warren were big. And JJ and bridges defense was big. Good win. Imagine what we would have won by had Ayton played.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure glad the Suns did not trade Warren.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out scoring doesn’t mean we’ve been the aggressor. We don’t force contact.

You're right, we don't force contact and that explains some of the discrepancy but not all of it by any means. They have made foul calls on our behalf in the second half of the game that they were not making in the first half.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
On the lighter side, TNT just showed a Taco Bell commercial encouraging drivers to run red lights because the chalupa box on the front seat doesn't have a seat belt. Unbelievable!

It was still yellow when he was half way though the intersection. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ariza had 13 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals.

That should help his value if the Suns try to trade him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Have to bring this kid back with a new contract. And play him WITH Ayton once in a while!

Was thinking about that. Could definitely work. Surprised Igor isn’t using Ayton more outside. He can hit it from 16’+ no problem

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about that. Could definitely work. Surprised Igor isn’t using Ayton more outside. He can hit it from 16’+ no problem

Unfortunately he was missing them tonight.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Out scoring doesn’t mean we’ve been the aggressor. We don’t force contact.

To your point, the one guy on our team who is super aggressive does get the benefit of the doubt. Ive seen Holmes on some plays that maybe could be called fouls, not called. Unlike Ayton who breathes on someone and gets called for it

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Gambo was saying today that Ayton struggles with fatigue. It’s not effort, it’s conditioning and the NBA pace.
I hope the trainers and coaching staff have a program in place to alleviate that this early in the season.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
To your point, the one guy on our team who is super aggressive does get the benefit of the doubt. Ive seen Holmes on some plays that maybe could be called fouls, not called. Unlike Ayton who breathes on someone and gets called for it
Size difference, too? Ayton is 7'1"-250 and looks dominating. Holmes is 6'10"-235, right around the same size as Anderson 6'10"-240. Even Bender's 7/1"-225 makes him light for his height.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

5 fouls in 21 minutes, not exactly getting major breaks but he did get away with some things in the second half including a moving screen late in the game. Of course, the team overall got some breaks in the second half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 fouls in 21 minutes, not exactly getting major breaks but he did get away with some things in the second half including a moving screen late in the game. Of course, the team overall got some breaks in the second half.

I saw that moving screen on Holmes and hoped no one saw it.

The Suns usually never get these breaks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren and Ayton, when agressive, did pick up cheap fouls. Hopefully we’re seeing a change in overall team aggression. It’s nice to see them complaining now too instead of accepting it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
that's 2 games out of 29 that we played good D for 4 quarters
but it was 2 out of the last 3. encouraging!
win or lose, it's amazing how much more enjoyable a game is when your team plays D