Mavericks @ Suns 12-13-18

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was easily the worst any team played against the Suns all year.

The Suns performance was very sub par offensively and they still somehow got a win.

I am really beginning to question why TJ is not getting more shot attempts on a regular basis. He is by far our most efficient scorer, and we should really be using that to our advantage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns performance was very sub par offensively and they still somehow got a win.

I am really beginning to question why TJ is not getting more shot attempts on a regular basis. He is by far our most efficient scorer, and we should really be using that to our advantage.

Energy wise I think it was one of the Suns best performances this season and in spurts the Suns played some excellent defense.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last year and before, he'd put up a couple of good games and the defenses would take note and his opponent would stop switching away from him. This year though, with the threat of the 3, he's not as easy to shut down so he should be seeing the ball more often.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Its amazing what you can do when you put out defensive effort for 48 minutes. You get ugly wins, but you will get wins.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its amazing what you can do when you put out defensive effort for 48 minutes. You get ugly wins, but you will get wins.

better to be a team with good defense than offense.
with good defense you're always in the game

you can be consistent with defense.
moving your feet and using your hands at the right time
is far more dependable than a ball going through the hoop from up to 35 feet away

my favorite team was the Knicks with Walt Frazier, Dave Debuschere, Earl Monroe, Bill Bradley, Phil Jackson (and Willis Reed when healthy). they could get it done in the 4th quarter of any game by clamping down on defense

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really book Ayton and Warren should be taking the lion’s share of shots for us.

That was a problem early on when Canaan was on the roster. Now JJ is doing that somewhat but really needs to coming off the second unit and to hope and try to keep his defenders honest.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That was a problem early on when Canaan was on the roster. Now JJ is doing that somewhat but really needs to coming off the second unit and to hope and try to keep his defenders honest.
I think jj’s attempts will decline when book returns.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They should be declining already. The coach needs to put a leash on him and actually teach him how to play NBA basketball.

exactly!
the kid's D, hustle and aggression is a real asset.
while his unbridled offense is a real drag
he needs boundaries set by a strong leader/teacher/communicator

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
better to be a team with good defense than offense.
with good defense you're always in the game

you can be consistent with defense.
moving your feet and using your hands at the right time
is far more dependable than a ball going through the hoop from up to 35 feet away

my favorite team was the Knicks with Walt Frazier, Dave Debuschere, Earl Monroe, Bill Bradley, Phil Jackson (and Willis Reed when healthy). they could get it done in the 4th quarter of any game by clamping down on defense
And before Earl The Pearl, Dick Barnett was at the '2' for the first of their two championships, which added even more to their defense.

Featuring Head Coach Red Holtzman and Rhodes Scholar (and future Senator) Dollar Bill Bradley, that team was considered the most intelligent team of all time in the NBA.

Add to the group backup Center Jerry Lucas, who went on to co-write courses as a memory expert.

Living in northern New Jersey in 1969, the Mets and Jets won championships, as did the Knicks in 69-70. What a time. Also the year that "Hair" premiered on Broadway. :)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And before Earl The Pearl, Dick Barnett was at the '2' for the first of their two championships, which added even more to their defense.

Featuring Head Coach Red Holtzman and Rhodes Scholar (and future Senator) Dollar Bill Bradley, that team was considered the most intelligent team of all time in the NBA.

Add to the group backup Center Jerry Lucas, who went on to co-write courses as a memory expert.

Living in northern New Jersey in 1969, the Mets and Jets won championships, as did the Knicks in 69-70. What a time. Also the year that "Hair" premiered on Broadway. :)
. . . and the year in which I was born (though thankfully not in Jersey).

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
. . . and the year in which I was born (though thankfully not in Jersey).
You'll get no rebuttal from me. I was very proud to leave New Jersey behind forty years ago. The only one thing I miss is New Jersey/Brooklyn pizza. There's nothing like it!

I don't miss the sweltering humid summers, nor rain five days a week, nor blizzards of winter (made more uncomfortable by the humidity), nor hurricanes, nor high cost of living, nor traffic, nor the State language of Joisey -- sarcasm. :)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hallelujah, Suns win!

Feels great to be a Suns fan. Seriously though there have been improvements the last week or so, since they put up those two 9 pt 1st quarters. Keep building on this. Feed Ayton inside and get Warren started early. Whoever is hot of Crawford and Daniels should get extended minutes. Defense has gotten better with Melton, Jackson, Bridges, Ariza getting a lot of deflections. Keep it up guys.