Mavericks @ Suns Saturday game thread, October 26th, 2024

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka gives the Suns defense some praise in this video saying they were physical, aggressive and did some great things.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think he was partially blocked by Devin's body, knew something had happened and just assumed it was kicking. Honestly it was a pretty impressive stretch on Booker's part so I can see why the ref guessed wrong. Inarguably a horrible call but not one I'd rail on the officials for although it would have been nice if one of the other refs with a better view had helped him out on that call.
I mean, book never even moved his feet and his feet were like 3 feet away from where his hand hit the ball. It was atrocious.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Here is a look at the kicked ball violation where actually a hand was involved.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This was so stupid. The one ref told Booker he kicked it. Another came over and they were discussing it. They replied the video in the stadium and the fans went crazy. People were pointing at the screen. The refs said kicked ball and let Dallas take the ball out. True Dallas recovered the ball, but the clock was winding down, and they would have had to scramble to score. By ruling kicked ball they put 14 seconds on the clock and let them reset their offense. It wasn't that big a deal, but that ref missed a call earlier in the game, and was again adamant he was right. It's early in the season, but of our three games, that squad was definitely not in mid season form.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is hard not to get excited about Dunn. He doesn't have the long arms that Mikal did, but he does play excellent position D, has quick hands, and has a bit more bulk to body on D. Frankly, based upon his form and early results, his three-point shot is better. That is still a very small sample size, but most rookies struggle with their three-point shooting when they first come into the league--even those known as shooters in college.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hard not to get excited about Dunn. He doesn't have the long arms that Mikal did, but he does play excellent position D, has quick hands, and has a bit more bulk to body on D. Frankly, based upon his form and early results, his three-point shot is better. That is still a very small sample size, but most rookies struggle with their three-point shooting when they first come into the league--even those known as shooters in college.
He’s also a more explosive athlete than Bridges is.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Dunn’s wingspan is .5 inches longer than Mikal. Dunn also has him by 3 inches in standing reach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ryan Dunn has a 7-1.5" wingspan, so I suspect they are fairly close in arm length.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan