Mavs @ Suns Game 6 - 6/3/2006 -Scouting Report

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ciani said:
Maybe I'm wrong but the Suns play bad since the refs made this game close with crazy calls.

Anyway, this was a great post season for us.

Don't even start that crap

This team will lose because it quit playing and started making horrid decisions. No effort, no drive, no chance

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Steve Nash is playing like a total pus.

Hey steve remember they essentially cut your ass, because of health concerns. They said they'll be better without you, because they'll be more athletic and better on defense.

Well guess what, they're right, and they'll be able to rub it in your face for the rest of your life with the ring they'll have.

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Don't even start that crap

This team will lose because it quit playing and started making horrid decisions. No effort, no drive, no chance
Well the mavs are close, I dont think the suns have it in them to win this and go onto game7. Well its been a good post season run. Geez cant wait for next season.

Nash

Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

i feel miserable now. whatg are these Suns doing? dangit.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
I've given up hope - the Suns are STATIC on O - Dirk is wide awake - No reason to watch the finals - back to practicing hard with the band...

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Nash sucked larger than life in the big game... passed up too many shots that resulted in either bad shots or shot clock violations.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We fought hard all year, but 38 years and counting...

I might be able to deal with accept for the fact that either the freakin' Miami Heat or Dallas Mavericks are now gonna get one before us. Everybody talks about curses, but something always happens to us paxson, the two series against houston (we had a 15 point lead in game 7 '95 too), injuries, always..

Nash

Reaction score
first time ever i'm saying anything -ve about him but he earned it with his lousy play today. Nash didn't show one bit of fight today. He sucked big time.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Put hands on throat and squeeze ... that is exactly what the Suns did today

TT useless, Nash useless, Marion useless, Bell useless, James Jones useless, Eddie House -so useless that he couldn't even get off the bench

What a sad way to end a great season with everyone but LB and Diaw crapping the bed

Nash

Reaction score
first, very first time these playoffs I had to turn off the TV with 3 mins to go. I watched every freakin Suns playoff game to the very till today. Too much disappointment to stomach. Felt so disgusted with they way they kept making shot clock violations of all things.

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Should be a great experience for Suns.
We still have a bright future!:)

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Nash said:
first, very first time these playoffs I had to turn off the TV with 3 mins to go. Too much disappointment to stomach. Felt so disgusted with they way they kept making shot clock violations of all things.

I have never seen more indecision from this team then I saw today. Absolutely NO ONE wanted to shoot the ball

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
After watching Marion in this series, is there a doubt in anyones mind that he needs to be traded during the offseason?

Hes missing layups,open shots and turning the ball over when trying to dribble.

Hes worthless when the other team plays any kind of defense against us.

With the emergence of Boris Diaw and Tim Thomas, Suns front office really need to thank Shawn for all hes done and ship him out.

Try moving him to Toronto for #1 and Charlie Villanueva, or Chicago for #2 and Luol Deng. And draft Rudy Gay with our top pick, Rondo with #21 and Sene with #27.

Nash
Gay
Diaw
Villanueva/Deng
Stoudemire

T.Thomas, K.Thomas, Bell, Barbosa, Rondo, Sene and Skita.

Or Marion and Kurt Thomas and Atlanta's pick for Garnett and cap fillers.

Another might be Andre Kirilenko for Marion, and whatever cap fillers needed.

No matter what the trade, this offseason is the time to move Marion.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
After watching Marion in this series, is there a doubt in anyones mind that he needs to be traded during the offseason?

Hes missing layups,open shots and turning the ball over when trying to dribble.

Hes worthless when the other team plays any kind of defense against us.

With the emergence of Boris Diaw and Tim Thomas, Suns front office really need to thank Shawn for all hes done and ship him out.

Try moving him to Toronto for #1 and Charlie Villanueva, or Chicago for #2 and Luol Deng. And draft Rudy Gay with our top pick, Rondo with #21 and Sene with #27.

Nash
Gay
Diaw
Villanueva/Deng
Stoudemire

T.Thomas, K.Thomas, Bell, Barbosa, Rondo, Sene and Skita.

Or Marion and Kurt Thomas and Atlanta's pick for Garnett and cap fillers.

Another might be Andre Kirilenko for Marion, and whatever cap fillers needed.

No matter what the trade, this offseason is the time to move Marion.

If we wanted to talk about trading who crapped the bed tonight we would be trading away our whole damn team. Please quit singling people out for god awful trade ideas that will never happen

NastyOne

Reaction score
I didnt say Shawn "Crapped the bed tonight"

He crapped the bed this entire series.

Once again in the Western Conference Finals, Shawn Marion is nowhere to be found.

Thats called a choker, plain and simple.

Max players arent supposed to choke in these situations yearly.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
I didnt say Shawn "Crapped the bed tonight"

He crapped the bed this entire series.

Once again in the Western Conference Finals, Shawn Marion is nowhere to be found.

Thats called a choker, plain and simple.

Max players arent supposed to choke in these situations yearly.

Then Nash choked because in all honesty he should have been a hell of a lot better in this series. Marion should've been better. Our whole team should've been better

However you seem to forget that without Marion WE WOULD NEVER BE IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS IN THE FIRST PLACE

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
We might have to trade marion, who is going to be our inside presence or big scorer if Amare doesn't come back strong? We have to at least walk the line of caution and consider the small possibility that Amare might come back a shadow of his former self. If somehow we got KG we would have someone we can bank on. Marion is a 3rd wheel player, an excellent one, but still a 3rd wheel player.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reasons why the Suns lost was the injury to Bell.. plain and simple... If he was at full-strength.. his effective 3-point shooting would have spread the court.. giving Nash, Diaw, TT, and Barbosa more spacing... Also... Nash wouldnt have been heavily guarded as he was.... Then.. of course.... Barbosa wouldnt have been forced to start games 2 & 3.......

No sense in trading Marion.. he's still the best complementary player in the NBA.. provides some many of the intangibles....

Next year... a healty Amare and KT.... a more polished Diaw who will add more bulk and therefore become more aggressive by slamming the ball with authority more frequently.....

True... nothing can be a consolation whatsoever.. but I still have faith that '06'-'07 will be the Suns year....

NastyOne

Reaction score
You also forget that Marion is the highest paid player on this team, HES SUPPOSED TO LEAD US TO THE WCF.

If Shawn were making 7-9mil per, then i wouldnt mind these vanishing acts that he usually pulls, but hes making max money!

We can't tie up this much of our payroll with someone thats not a game changer, especially when Diaw is now showing he can be our 3rd option.

Diaw breaking out means Marion and that Max contract needs to be moved.

With Amare coming back next year, i much Rather Diaw and a legit bigman in the lineup surrounding Amare than Marion, who teams dont even have to account for cause hes a maxed out junkman(even if hes the best junkman in the NBA).

NastyOne

Reaction score
"No sense in trading Marion.. he's still the best complementary player in the NBA.. provides some many of the intangibles...."

Sorry but Diaw is going to be getting PAID this offseason, and he deserves it.

That means we now cant afford to pay a complementary player max money anymore if we want to build a legit contender and not a team that gets beat every year in the WCF.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Marion is not a franchise player. He is a great complementary player. Our franchise player Amare is supposed to take us to the top.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I watched Marion on offense in the second half. The main thing he did was stand at the three-point line and look half-asleep. If someone passed him the ball, he'd just pass it back. True, most of the team struggled tonight (particularly in the second half, of course), but at least they were trying to be involved.

I'll be happier if that was Marion's last game in a Phoenix uniform.

NastyOne

Reaction score
elindholm said:
I watched Marion on offense in the second half. The main thing he did was stand at the three-point line and look half-asleep. If someone passed him the ball, he'd just pass it back. True, most of the team struggled tonight (particularly in the second half, of course), but at least they were trying to be involved.

I'll be happier if that was Marion's last game in a Phoenix uniform.

THANK YOU!

Even though everyone played poor in the second half, atleast they were trying.

Shawn Marion pulled a Kobe and gave up.

Not to mention that his defense on Dirk and Howard was very poor.

You throw Marion a couple of head fakes and you can easily go by him, and then that forces someone else to foul that player.

EVERY playoffs against good competition, Marion gets totally exposed!

But hes a stat stuffer so hopefully some GM will only see his boxscore and not watch game film of him versus Dallas, and maybe we can get a top 5 draft pick and a legit up and coming player like Villanueva or Deng.Or a star like Garnett or Kirilenko in a straightup deal with cap fillers.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
You also forget that Marion is the highest paid player on this team, HES SUPPOSED TO LEAD US TO THE WCF

If Shawn were making 7-9mil per, then i wouldnt mind these vanishing acts that he usually pulls, but hes making max money!

So whats your point? Because he makes money he should do better then the MVP Nash even without KT and Amare for the majority of this playoff run.

We started asking him to cover up for the loss of Amare he did fine but when KT went down, they started to ask him for making up for that too.

We can't tie up this much of our payroll with someone thats not a game changer, especially when Diaw is now showing he can be our 3rd option.

As much as I love Diaw he hasn't earned being given the 3rd option yet. One good year does not a player make.

He could be another JJ or he could simple be another Q ... remember that guy. How is he doing with the Knicks

Diaw breaking out means Marion and that Max contract needs to be moved.

Or we can do something crazy like keep both. When the problem for your team has been injury problems, isn't it usually wise to make sure the team is as deep as possible so that you can make a run on it next year.

It just seems some people don't understand that a) depth for this team is an absolute must and b) massive turnover of the roster AGAIN isn't the answer for everything.

One of the problems the Colangelos always had was they wouldn't just leave the damn team alone. This team took one of the best teams in the NBA to 6 games with 3 out of its 5 starters missing.

With Amare coming back next year, i much Rather Diaw and a legit bigman in the lineup surrounding Amare than Marion, who teams dont even have to account for cause hes a maxed out junkman(even if hes the best junkman in the NBA).

Amare may not and probably will not be 100% next year at any point of the year. The big man we would put into the lineup is the same one we had on the bench for this damn series ... Kurt Thomas and besides the point people on here have to quit acting like good big men can be easily found when the rest of the league is deperate for them.

Its not exactly like we can go to BIG Men R Us and just a find a starting center. We have to have a lot of damn luck to find one or to have one land in your lap

If the Suns lose next year with Amare, Marion and the rest of the team healthy then so be it. The financial burden of Diaw and LB would more then likely kick in and we have a reason to trade the guy. But until that point ... add pieces through the draft and FA but leave the rest of the damn team ALONE

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05