LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
McCown gets starting nod
Odeen Domingo
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 26, 2005

advertisement

The Cardinals announced Wednesday that Josh McCown will be their starting quarterback at Dallas this Sunday.

"It (hiding who the starting quarterback will be) was just a tactic that we used last week but we don't feel like we need to use it this week," McCown said. "I'm up this week and I'm going to preapre as hard as I can and play as hard as I can."

McCown holds off Kurt Warner, who began practicing at full speed last week after missing the last three games because of a right groin tear. McCown has started all eight games the Cardinals have won since 2004.

This season, McCown has completed 88 of 152 passes (57.5 percent) for 1,072 yards with five touchdowns and six interceptions.

He will continue to start as long as he wins. That should be a no brainer after last years debacle. If he is playing lousy at half time we will see Warner.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
He will continue to start as long as he wins. That should be a no brainer after last years debacle. If he is playing lousy at half time we will see Warner.
On paper, it seems like a foregone conclusion that McCown will be struggling against one of the best D's in the NFL. I feel guilty for "knowing" that he's going to struggle but at this point I just don't see how he won't.

This is good for Cardinals fans though, because usually when I'm so sure of something, the exact opposite will happen.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is good for Cardinals fans though, because usually when I'm so sure of something, the exact opposite will happen.

There is a monument on Racine Street in Chicago at the site where the Cardinals team was originally formed. Dedicated to Cardinal fans. It has those words on it.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Skopr completly. He does just enough to not take grip on the job

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
There is a monument on Racine Street in Chicago at the site where the Cardinals team was originally formed. Dedicated to Cardinal fans. It has those words on it.
I wasn't aware of that. What a coincedence! I don't know if it's creepy, cool or sad. LOL

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
moklerman said:
I wasn't aware of that. What a coincedence! I don't know if it's creepy, cool or sad. LOL

I lived in Chicago for many years and was a Cards fan when they were there. I also did not know that. They should have a statue of Charlie Trippi.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Boys I think DuckJake was being sarcastic....there is not a monument like that. Although there probably should be :biglaugh:

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Because it is. He's a tease, showing flashes of good, then bad. He needs to grab the job by the throat or become a career backup.

And I'm a McCown supporter.

The kid is really only in his second year of starting. Fans think they can judge a player after a few games but it takes longer with QBs. Look at Brees and how San Diego almost screwed that up. If the Cards let McCown walk he will go somewhere else like Carolina and do well and the Cards know it. Time to stop grooming players for other teams. QB is not the problem on this team. What is in front of the QB is the problem.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Said in my west-Texas best:

ah like McCown, as enny fool kin plainly see. ah reckon he's a fine quarterback. Shet mah mouth! ah reckon he'll be a great QB fo' us fo' th' next 10 years o' so. Whut in tarnation y'all reckon about thet?

:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser