McCown

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Yea your rigth I guess. Its the job of a QB to see a S that is waiting to streak in for the hit probably 15-20 yards away from Fitz at the time the ball is released. :thumbup:

Well, it is the job of a good QB. Look how many times Peyton lead Harrison or Wayne into the waiting shoulder of Ed Reed last night. :rolleyes:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
It was a problem last year and is even more of a problem this year..

So according to that we will have a worse season. if McCown didnt have as much blame as you say and the running is worse now than our record should be worse.

But yet it we end up 9-7 that would mean Josh had a lot more impact than your willing to admit. So lets see shall we?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Well, it is the job of a good QB. Look how many times Peyton lead Harrison or Wayne into the waiting shoulder of Ed Reed last night. :rolleyes:

I have seen the colts play many times. I make a point of it because they are fun to watch. I have def seen Peyton throw the ball to his WRs and seen them get rung up.

It happens. This is football. Not Tiddlywinks!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I have seen the colts play many times. I make a point of it because they are fun to watch. I have def seen Peyton throw the ball to his WRs and seen them get rung up.

It happens. This is football. Not Tiddlywinks!

Yeah, it happens sometimes, but McCown seems to run his targets into oncoming defenders on every play, and that's a problem.

Manning would never have lead Marvin Harrison into the hit that Josh lead Fitz into...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Yeah, it happens sometimes, but McCown seems to run his targets into oncoming defenders on every play, and that's a problem.

Manning would never have lead Marvin Harrison into the hit that Josh lead Fitz into...

Your right. Because he would have been benched by Dungy in a 42-19 blow out. :D

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
So according to that we will have a worse season. if McCown didnt have as much blame as you say and the running is worse now than our record should be worse.

But yet it we end up 9-7 that would mean Josh had a lot more impact than your willing to admit. So lets see shall we?

No we already saw. Your argument that Josh McCown (or any QB) was directly responsible for 90% of our offensive woes. A QB is just a part of the team. he is not the be all end all of our offense.

If thats the case then Kurt Warner is directly responsible for Oline getting its ass knocked off the ball and sent backwards. Its Kurt Warner's fault that our running game sucked.

You see the fault in logic with this? This is a team sport, if one part of the offense fails it makes a chain reaction to the rest of the team (ie in our case not being able to run made us one dimensional and easier for them to defend against us). Our running game might improve BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KURT WARNER'S PLAY!!

There is a reason that teams with a consistent 100 yard a game rusher have a winning record while those that rely purely on their QB (ie having 300 yards or more) have a losing record.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mrh182 said:
i actually laughed out loud reading this....good form :thumbup:

I'm glad someone appreciated the humor this thread imtended to convey. :D

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
No we already saw. Your argument that Josh McCown (or any QB) was directly responsible for 90% of our offensive woes. A QB is just a part of the team. he is not the be all end all of our offense.

If thats the case then Kurt Warner is directly responsible for Oline getting its ass knocked off the ball and sent backwards. Its Kurt Warner's fault that our running game sucked.

You see the fault in logic with this? This is a team sport, if one part of the offense fails it makes a chain reaction to the rest of the team (ie in our case not being able to run made us one dimensional and easier for them to defend against us). Our running game might improve BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KURT WARNER'S PLAY!!

There is a reason that teams with a consistent 100 yard a game rusher have a winning record while those that rely purely on their QB (ie having 300 yards or more) have a losing record.

If a QB cant see wide open wr's jumping up and down for 5 full seconds you can bet its not the "teams" fault.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
If a QB cant see wide open wr's jumping up and down for 5 full seconds you can bet its not the "teams" fault.

Now missing some WRs is considered 90% of the offense. Good god are you kidding me? If thats 90% of our offense, we are and were beyond pathetic

Like the guy, don't like the guy I don't really care. I just want people to admit that its not all about the friggin QB!!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

:rolleyes:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Sad part is McCown rarely leads his WR's hung out coz he has this amazing inability to lead them at all. I dont knwo if I have ever seen McCown lead a WR instride for a big YAC .

Seems to be McCown is more adept at throwing where the WR is now not where he is going to be.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCown is done with the Cards no matter how the rest of this season pans out. I think we would be well served to just not discuss McCown until he takes over for an injured Kurt Warner if that happens. Too bad. A guy with alot of tools but unable to get his game NFL ready.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser