MCU: Deadpool & Wolverine

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last bit of tracking called for a 160-180 million dollar opening. I think this absolutely blows past that. The last month has shown that when there is a BIG TICKET movie, people are ALL IN.

I’m not sure it quite reaches the Spider-Man Multi-verse Get Together, but this is still a long-awaited matchup of two of the biggest heroes in the MCU, that has been teased since Wolverine Origins back in 2009. That was 15 years ago, in a movie that royally pissed comics fans off. And it’s the movie of the Summer. I’m predicting 210-220 million opening weekend.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Last bit of tracking called for a 160-180 million dollar opening. I think this absolutely blows past that. The last month has shown that when there is a BIG TICKET movie, people are ALL IN.

I’m not sure it quite reaches the Spider-Man Multi-verse Get Together, but this is still a long-awaited matchup of two of the biggest heroes in the MCU, that has been teased since Wolverine Origins back in 2009. That was 15 years ago, in a movie that royally pissed comics fans off. And it’s the movie of the Summer. I’m predicting 210-220 million opening weekend.
I'm saving my money for World War Hulk! (Just kidding.)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deadpool & Wolverine

Release date: July 26, 2024
Studio: Marvel Studios / 20th Century Fox
Director: Shawn Levy
Screenwriters: Ryan Reynolds, Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, Zeb Wells, Shawn Levy
MPAA Rating: Rated R for strong bloody violence and language throughout, gore and sexual references.
Genre: Buddy Comedy | Raunchy Comedy | Superhero | Action | Comedy | Sci-Fi

Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, Emma Corrin, Matthew Macfadyen, Jon Favreau, Morena Baccarin, Rob Delaney, Leslie Uggams, Aaron Stanford, Tyler Mane, Karan Soni, Brianna Hildebrand, Shioli Kutsuna, Stefan Kapicic, Randal Reeder

Plot Summary: Wolverine is recovering from his injuries when he crosses paths with the loudmouth Deadpool. They team up to defeat a common enemy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a crowd pleaser for sure! Very fun movie. Great inside jokes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh well. It was nice when there was hope. You have Deadpool 1, Deadpool 2, crickets, crickets, crickets, and then this one. Had some fun stuff in there, about an hour's worth, but dayum, did the aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawful first act crush this one. The rest was a pretty fun ride.

When you only get one audible anything from the whole audience during a Deadpool movie, you have failed big time.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to go see this again with some friends. Just a fantastic MCU entry. This movie is killing it at the box office.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well. It was nice when there was hope. You have Deadpool 1, Deadpool 2, crickets, crickets, crickets, and then this one. Had some fun stuff in there, about an hour's worth, but dayum, did the aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawful first act crush this one. The rest was a pretty fun ride.

When you only get one audible anything from the whole audience during a Deadpool movie, you have failed big time.

I am going to go see this again with some friends. Just a fantastic MCU entry. This movie is killing it at the box office.

The yin and the yang