MHJ

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at that 1st screenshot again. The CB may be behind him but he’s already squatting while Marvin is in full go mode.
Every legit NFL Wr is open at that point and going to beat that CB.

again you think he's squatting because it's a freeze frame of a play where you know what the end result was. If we had the full tape of the game we could find dozens of examples where if I freeze the shot, the CB is "squatting" and yet the WR doesn't end up open, let alone 20 yards open.

If he stays right just a beat longer yes he's going to see that MHJ is now breaking free but at the point he got off right and went left, that wasn't the case.

I think Marvin is going to be an absolute star, next in the line of great Cards WR's, Mel Gray, Roy Green, Rob Moore, Anquan, Fitz, D Hop, I think he'll eventually be in that group, probably a notch below Fitz but who knows he's faster than Fitz ever was. I hope we get to the point quickly where Kyler trusts him the way he did D Hop.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that MHJ and his dad loved Kyler showing him up on national television on the first target, also.

Yeah I didn't like that. He did it with Wilson's drop too.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at Justin Jefferson's first two games as a rookie:

2 catches for 26 yards
3 catches for 44 yards

Then Jefferson went on to put up 1400 total receiving yard for the season as a rookie.

Once Kyler and MHJr get on the same page things will be better IMO.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't like that. He did it with Wilson's drop too.
He's got to keep his cool BUT that was a big time drop. Espically in that situation. Kyler dropped it in the perfect spot.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you look at Justin Jefferson's first two games as a rookie:

2 catches for 26 yards
3 catches for 44 yards

Then Jefferson went on to put up 1400 total receiving yard for the season as a rookie.

Once Kyler and MHJr get on the same page things will be better IMO.
He wasn’t starting those games either

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's a difference between throwing your QB under the bus and holding him accountable. You think Arians would have glossed over the missed opportunity? He was calling out things Brady missed or should have done differently in Tampa.
He wouldn't have whacked Murray and said what an F up that was, but he'd likely say something like, the play was there and we need to see and make that play.

I don't think it matters if he says it in public, to the press and ultimately to us, the fans. It matters WAY more to the player if it happens behind closed doors. And it garners respect from the player that knows his coach doesn't pander to soundbytes to make his point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it matters if he says it in public, to the press and ultimately to us, the fans. It matters WAY more to the player if it happens behind closed doors. And it garners respect from the player that knows his coach doesn't pander to soundbytes to make his point.

Very confused…. what Gannon said sounded exactly like pandering soundbytes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But he didn't break the pocket though at that point. After the Defender Jumped, took away Dortch and Kyler pulled down the ball, he reset and looked at his progressions to his Left. He was still in the pocket:

You must be registered for see images attach
But the pocket was still holding there. Just look at that still you posted. Why did he move to the other side of the field instead of check the best option who you can see WIDE OPEN WAVING HIS ARM?!?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like I said a few sentences later:

There is no making Kyler taller. It's an issue that the Cardinals will always have to live with. There will be times where Kyler's "Shortcomings" affect what he can see on the field. I think this was one of those cases.
I literally can’t ever recall a time where drew Brees was ever claimed to have an issue for being so short. I just can’t believe 2 inches makes that big of a difference playing amongst all those behemoths.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Obviously I'm guessing but I think the drop and bad route by MHJ earlier had Kyler not trusting him, and the drop by Wilson had Kyler not trusting him. So Dortch is the hot read can't make that throw, I have more protection on my left so I'm going left to look for the other guy I trust, mcBride. Trey's not open, Conner stayed in to block so he wound up completely not seeing the one guy that got open.

In a perfect world he should have seen it but I get why he didn't
If kylers not trusting his two starting receivers that’s maybe a bigger problem than not reading the defense.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m more mad at the idea that Gannon spouted that the D was keyed on him. Did they not expect Harrison to get more looks? And if they did and game-planned for that, is he covering for Kyler not getting him the ball?

Just a letdown to see the offense look good in the first half… and an abomination in the second. That pattern happened a lot last year too.
That is a coach speaking poo period.

If one claims MHJ was smothered with attention then Wilson, McBride or Dortch would have had an elevated stats, right?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I literally can’t ever recall a time where drew Brees was ever claimed to have an issue for being so short. I just can’t believe 2 inches makes that big of a difference playing amongst all those behemoths.
Kurt Warner has said that he is only like 6'0.5.

He has said on a number of occasions that QBs don't really see over the line, they see through around the line.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very confused…. what Gannon said sounded exactly like pandering soundbytes.
To you.

And most fans, and most reporters. It takes supreme leadership abilities to do that, knowing you're going to get run under a microscope for the words, all the time knowing its not reality, just that there's no right for the fans to be told what they want to hear. WAAAAAY more important for the coach to placate his guys, than us.

It's mainly why I don't watch news conferences about a football game. They're all worthless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To you.

And most fans, and most reporters. It takes supreme leadership abilities to do that,

Supreme leadership? To spout platitudes? Lol… ok. Guess Kliff Kingsbury showed equally supreme leadership too, pretty much doing the same thing in pressers game after game

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Brees said that he adjusted his footwork to be on his toes more to help him see.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Supreme leadership? To spout platitudes? Lol… ok. Guess Kliff Kingsbury showed equally supreme leadership too, pretty much doing the same thing in pressers game after game
In that regard, he did. It's his primary job when he's in front of the mic. Say dumb stuff to placate the news cycle, all the while keeping your emphasis on allowing in house issues to remain there; in house.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Boldin set an NFL record for most receiving yards by a rookie in his first game with 217 on ten receptions against the Detroit Lions.

Just a reminder to those who say be patient

With Jeff Blake at QB.

Granted, nobody expects a crazy performance like Boldin in week 1, but certainly 1 catch for 4 yards seemed even more improbable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky