Michael Bennett Again

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vice president of football operations Rod Graves acknowledged that Minnesota had called the Cardinals to gauge interest in a trade for struggling Vikings running back Michael Bennett. But Graves said there was no interest on the Cards’ part.
There it is.

This would support the theory that Tice might have been trying to scam Dennis out of BJ in exchange for Bennett and floated the proposed trade.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
They are a draft too late. I want to see what Arrington can do, given the chance. I do think Michael Bennett is a tremendous weapon though.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
NFL coaches are fascinated with guys that are that fast and to be fair Bennett is a much better football player than most sprinters have been.

He legitimately could have been a world class sprinter but he chose football. I think Green is just fascinated with having a guy that fast in his backfield.

Russ:

Coaches' fascination with speed is easy as understand. Like they say, "you can't teach someone to be fast." (Faster , maybe, but the basic ability has to be there.)

WC

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild Card said:
Russ:

Coaches' fascination with speed is easy as understand. Like they say, "you can't teach someone to be fast." (Faster , maybe, but the basic ability has to be there.)

WC

True but some coaches go over the top waiting years on a Jett or Gault when they have better players on the bench just because they're not world class sprinters.

Bennett is actually a pretty good player, he just can't stay healthy.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would wait until the offseason and get him as a free agent rather than give up a pick for him. Besides I don't think there is anything wrong with J.J., he just needs the O-Line to open some holes for him. Next year maybe we shoud focus on improving of O-Line a little more in free agency and maybe J.J. gets 1,500 yards next season. Speaking of which does anyone know where to find a list of next year's free agents?

Last edited:

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
True but some coaches go over the top waiting years on a Jett or Gault when they have better players on the bench just because they're not world class sprinters.

Russ:

Willie Gault may have been limited in terms of being a complete receiver, but he was a heckuva deep threat, averaging 19.9 yards-per-reception over the course of his 11-year career. Consistent, too, in that the only season he had less than 17 ypr was his last.

Hands of stone, maybe, but scary fast.

WC

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan