Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wowwwwww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, he was great on the drive and then gave him a 1 hour slot by himself in the mornings that I barely ever got to listen to but when I did, you could tell he needed someone else on the show too with him. I cant believe they totally cut him loose though, I imagine 98.7 is going to jump all over this.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KGME just got rid of the only recognizable name they had. He'll be back with his buddies over at Arizona Sports within days.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True. Probably depends on who fired whom. They can't toss a guy and then tell him he can't work anywhere else in town either, unless that's the worst contract in history.

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
True. Probably depends on who fired whom. They can't toss a guy and then tell him he can't work anywhere else in town either, unless that's the worst contract in history.

They can if they are paying him to stay home, which I imagine they either gave him a severance and there would be a non compete till the severance stops being paid.

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
They should cut Doug & Wolf to three hours and get rid of B-Train (sorry!). Go with Asher & Jurecki from 9-12.

Gonna take a lot to get Asher.... he is making plenty of money in his current job....

it would have to fit his schedule which I would imagine would have to be a night show or early morning.

If Arizona Sports got him I would imagine a shake up either pair him with B train or put back with bickley and move vince with b train.

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
don't think Jurecki would be cheap thus AZ sports would probably have to let someone go

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cut the Doug and Wolf show

this morning they had a 10 minute conversation about the QB Pipkin from Tiffin University, that they thought was hilarious

I almost crashed into the median, I couldnt turn the channel fast enough. Obnoxious isnt a strong enough description

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
B train needs to go. Guy has no insight and he played in the NFL. At least wolf tells good old stories about players and the game. I was expecting more of that from him.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cut the Doug and Wolf show

this morning they had a 10 minute conversation about the QB Pipkin from Tiffin University, that they thought was hilarious

I almost crashed into the median, I couldnt turn the channel fast enough. Obnoxious isnt a strong enough description

Ugh, yes. Can't stand Wolfley's incessant babble.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
MJ could name his own price anywhere in the Valley. 98.7 is the obvious landing spot, but that station 1500 something could definitely use him as a great boost. As good as Jody Oehler is, he doesn't move the meter.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona just lost the only reputable Cardinal insider on the radio. I don't listen to local sports radio anymore as the talent is just sub par. Now it's just laughable.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ugh, yes. Can't stand Wolfley's incessant babble.

Wolf thinks hes clever and funny and his rambling haikus can be obnoxious, but ultimately he does have good insight to lockeroom mentality.

Doug, on the other hand, has almost no redeeming qualities as a radio show host. Like the guy as a person and media man, but he shouldnt be on radio.

The other day they were talking to Budda Baker, and hes spoken several times about his sick mom. And Doug asked a question that absolutely infuriated me. He said:

"Budda, do you try to make WRs and RBs feel the pain that your mom goes through"?

That was the most pandering, fishing, classless attempt to evoke reaction. It really made me sick

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Arizona just lost the only reputable Cardinal insider on the radio. I don't listen to local sports radio anymore as the talent is just sub par. Now it's just laughable.
No one actually good would want to work sports radio in AZ. AZ has the most fickle sports fans in the entire country. I mean...half of the people are Cowboys fans that have never even been to Dallas...

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
MJ could name his own price anywhere in the Valley. 98.7 is the obvious landing spot, but that station 1500 something could definitely use him as a great boost. As good as Jody Oehler is, he doesn't move the meter.

I don't know about naming his price. Sports radio isn't that much of a money maker. There's really only two places he could go, either 98.7 or the new one that just launched and I really don't see either of them getting into a bidding war.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
B-Train is alright when he isn't driving the show. When he filled in when Dan Bickley was in the olympics he was good with marotta guiding the conversations. I'm not sure how Jurecki would be in that role, something to keep an eye on tho.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wolf thinks hes clever and funny and his rambling haikus can be obnoxious, but ultimately he does have good insight to lockeroom mentality.

Doug, on the other hand, has almost no redeeming qualities as a radio show host. Like the guy as a person and media man, but he shouldnt be on radio.

The other day they were talking to Budda Baker, and hes spoken several times about his sick mom. And Doug asked a question that absolutely infuriated me. He said:

"Budda, do you try to make WRs and RBs feel the pain that your mom goes through"?

That was the most pandering, fishing, classless attempt to evoke reaction. It really made me sick
Doug is the absolute worst host on any of the shows on 98.7

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B-Train is alright when he isn't driving the show. When he filled in when Dan Bickley was in the olympics he was good with marotta guiding the conversations. I'm not sure how Jurecki would be in that role, something to keep an eye on tho.

Jurecki is great but needs a driver IMO - he is too monotone to be the lead.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05