Mike Jurecki Done at KGME

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
B train needs to go. Guy has no insight and he played in the NFL. At least wolf tells good old stories about players and the game. I was expecting more of that from him.

I tend to agree. B-Train is a likable fellow, but a horrendous radio host.

Doug & Wolf? I can't listen to them any more. Doug is awful, Wolf is a different brand of awful. Their egos clash constantly. I tire of their commercial shilling for stuff like Kinetico Water (read the reviews of this product - it's basically a complete scam). As grating as Gambo is, at least he's on topic most of the time. If only I didn't have to hear about his "beautiful young wife" constantly. Sheesh. The only locals I really enjoy are Kenny & Crash, and they're on at night for some stupid reason.

Hopefully Jurecki lands on his feet locally someplace. If he has a non-compete, these rarely hold up in court, unless he did something to get out of his contract early, then it might work. If they just cut him loose, he has a right to earn a living in his chosen profession.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree. B-Train is a likable fellow, but a horrendous radio host.

Doug & Wolf? I can't listen to them any more. Doug is awful, Wolf is a different brand of awful. Their egos clash constantly. I tire of their commercial shilling for stuff like Kinetico Water (read the reviews of this product - it's basically a complete scam). As grating as Gambo is, at least he's on topic most of the time. If only I didn't have to hear about his "beautiful young wife" constantly. Sheesh. The only locals I really enjoy are Kenny & Crash, and they're on at night for some stupid reason.

Hopefully Jurecki lands on his feet locally someplace. If he has a non-compete, these rarely hold up in court, unless he did something to get out of his contract early, then it might work. If they just cut him loose, he has a right to earn a living in his chosen profession.

Gambo and pei wei :barf:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo and pei wei :barf:

No kidding - haven't eaten there since he started shilling for them.

I dislike all the commercials done by the hosts.

Wolf is hard to listen too, especially when he screams or any of his other schticks. I don't care about his "T" level, or Bickley's band, or Gambo's teenage wife and children who are older than her.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No kidding - haven't eaten there since he started shilling for them.

I dislike all the commercials done by the hosts.

Wolf is hard to listen too, especially when he screams or any of his other schticks. I don't care about his "T" level, or Bickley's band, or Gambo's teenage wife and children who are older than her.
lol I actually love when Bickley talks about "Whiskey's Quicker"

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jodis show drives me nuts too as I get in the car at 4pm and every thursday, even if there is big news, they are busy doing "top 5 thursday"

I tune in for sports news, not lists of your favorite bands.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurecki's wheelhouse is being a reporter more so than being a talk show host.
and a damn good one IMO. I hope he lands somewhere good. I mostly only follow his twitter as i dont have much opportunity for radio but when hes in the afternoons i do listen occasionally.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When b-train is on his own show, he's a train wreck at times. When he subs in for another host on a different time, he is a pro. He needs to team up with one of the other guys. I even think Andy the G, is better then him on his own talk show.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the non-locals - can someone explain the difference between Jureki, Urban, and Somers? I follow all of them on Twitter... =D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the non-locals - can someone explain the difference between Jureki, Urban, and Somers? I follow all of them on Twitter... =D

Urban works for the team.

Somers and Jurecki are local reporters. Somers for the paper, Jurecki for the radio. Jurecki seems to get a ton of inside information from players and personnel. Somers tends to just report on what happened vs what is going to happen.

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
MJ could name his own price anywhere in the Valley. 98.7 is the obvious landing spot, but that station 1500 something could definitely use him as a great boost. As good as Jody Oehler is, he doesn't move the meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Jody is a niners fan.. cant listen to him lol

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Urban works for the Cards. All the articles on the Cards website are written by him and his writing team. Hes my favorite. Very engaging with fans. If you tweet him on twitter, 75% of the time he will reply.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bickley and Marotta are great. I usually catch up on the podcast when traveling or driving around. I'm a fan of shows that aren't constantly drinking the koolaid of local teams.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Too bad, MJ was about the only local guy I really liked. When Jurecki was out I could not listen to that Jody guy, he's just a rambling, nonsense talking hack IMO.

I like Bickley and Marotta, well, I like Vince. Dan is like that nerdy guy in high school that tries to act cool and ends up looking like a fool. NFL, NBA, MLB all are in high gear and Dan wants to talk about...tennis or tiddly winks or some nonsense.

Stopped listening to the other shows a long time ago, you have to endure 45 minutes of commercials for 15 minutes of talk in an hour. And 14 1/2 minutes of every hour listening to Wolf babble, yell and growl and RE-AH-SPECT turns my stomach.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Btrain's show is aweful I agree. And I loved him as a Cardinal. But he really brings nothing to the table he just sounds like some guy sitting around giving his (very loosely informed) opinions on things, and when he tries to talk about anything other than football it's just bad.

Honestly the only show I enjoy on local radio is Gambo and Burns and that's just because I kindof love to hate Gambo lol. Atleast Gambo gets some inside info from time to time.

For my job I'm constantly driving around, and before 2 I listen to pandora even though I would much rather listen to sports talk radio because I usually enjoy it.

Bickley is still the worst of the worst of the WORST. Did you guys know he's in a band? Cuz he is, he's totally in a band! Did you know he's in a band??? Did you? Did you know? He's in a band! Did you know he's in a band? Cuz he's in a band. They have gigs. His band that he's in. His band. Check out his band. His band is "Sick." If you didn't know he is in a band, dont worry, because he will mention it no less than 25 times each hour...

I also cant stand how Bickley changes his entire vernacular when he has a black person on the radio. What was "Hey what's up man." is now... "Yo wass happenin mah brotha."

I know this thread isn't about him,,,, just saying, Bickley is the worst. Did you know he's in a band?

If I look at the clock and it's between 12-2 I wont even consider putting on 98.7

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know Bickley was from Chicago? And Gambo was from New Yawk? Sports are sooooo much better in those towns.

Dbacks? Nah, let's talk about da Cubs, or the Yankees.

Oh, and let's talk Grand Canyon sports for an hour so we can continue to hang out with Colangelo and Majerle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btrain's show is aweful I agree. And I loved him as a Cardinal. But he really brings nothing to the table he just sounds like some guy sitting around giving his (very loosely informed) opinions on things, and when he tries to talk about anything other than football it's just bad.

Honestly the only show I enjoy on local radio is Gambo and Burns and that's just because I kindof love to hate Gambo lol. Atleast Gambo gets some inside info from time to time.

For my job I'm constantly driving around, and before 2 I listen to pandora even though I would much rather listen to sports talk radio because I usually enjoy it.

Bickley is still the worst of the worst of the WORST. Did you guys know he's in a band? Cuz he is, he's totally in a band! Did you know he's in a band??? Did you? Did you know? He's in a band! Did you know he's in a band? Cuz he's in a band. They have gigs. His band that he's in. His band. Check out his band. His band is "Sick." If you didn't know he is in a band, dont worry, because he will mention it no less than 25 times each hour...

I also cant stand how Bickley changes his entire vernacular when he has a black person on the radio. What was "Hey what's up man." is now... "Yo wass happenin mah brotha."

I know this thread isn't about him,,,, just saying, Bickley is the worst. Did you know he's in a band?

If I look at the clock and it's between 12-2 I wont even consider putting on 98.7

I so agree about Bickley. Also I can't stand to read his articles either. Did you know he is in a band? :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05