Votes: 34 47.9%

Votes: 21 29.6%

• Total voters

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's weird because I started with the question of "what would be a failure?" It feels like failure and success shouldn't be a binary, but we don't really consider a middle ground unless it's mediocrity.

I voted for 8 wins because doubling the previous season's win total should be considered a success in almost any book (not you, Panthers).

My exact line of thinking

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBF...you are kinda viewing what would be close to the worst 3 year stretch in franchise history as progress. Winning games for some franchises is more importantly than trying to line up perfect timelines. This franchise is and has been a loser. It has been unstable. Winning games should be the priority.

This hasn't been said enough. We are at 26 losses over 2 seasons. That is the most in franchise history over 2 seasons. I have given it a pass until this year.

35 losses over 3 years is the worst in franchise history, the old Joe Bugel days.

It's going to take 9 wins to not tie the worst stretch ever. 8 to tie. 7 wins and OOF

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are at all curious, the worst 4 year span is 46 losses. That's adding Gene Stallings and *checks notes* Gary Hogeboom to the mix.

The organizational goal should be to get as far from these marks as possible. We don't need the stench of 90s Cardinals football back on us.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are at all curious, the worst 4 year span is 46 losses. That's adding Gene Stallings and *checks notes* Gary Hogeboom to the mix.

The organizational goal should be to get as far from these marks as possible. We don't need the stench of 90s Cardinals football back on us.
And yet we will still all be here next year :)

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

SOC is always on the other side of that door...unfortunately that probably bothers us more than MB, who seemingly is just happy to be at the table.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would show a degree of progress and put us in good position to fix the pash rush in the upcoming draft not to mention positioning in every round.
I 1000% disagree. The last thing the 2024 Cardinals should be concerned about is the 2025 draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly. Year two in a wide open conference and there's no excuse for not getting into the playoffs. They have baked-in excuses now after our ho-hum offseason, but I don't want to hear those excuses now. 9 wins it is. If 9 doesn't get us in, okay, I'll give them a bit of a break.
You say wide open, but the NFC West isn't exactly a walk in the park, and that's 6 games of your schedule.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well a winning culture and mindset would say no less then 10 wins with a playoff birth but since we're rooting for the Cardinals I guess 7 would be considered successful for the home team lol

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
At first glance, I thought this thread title was Minimum Amount Of Wine....hahahahaha

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect at least a winning season with a favorable home schedule and a QB in his prime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky