OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Damontre Moore >>>>>>> DeAndre Hopkins

I'm not the only one who is very leery of Moore:

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews...-risk-of-defensive-linemen-in-nfl-draft.html/

Plus, MWOOD92, I think the Cardinals want DEs who have the upper body strength to power their way to the QB---what they don't want is weaker players getting steered wide of the pocket which will open up huge escape routes for the likes of C-Kaep and R-Wilson.

Ideally they'd like a power rusher who has elite quickness---the combination of which Ziggy Ansah has better than any pass rusher in the draft. He's raw, which makes him a gamble---but with Tom Pratt on the staff, it would be a high reward gamble worth taking, imo.

My Top 4 Favorites:

1. Tavon Austin, WR/RB/KR
2. Ziggy Ansah, OLB/DE
3. Chance Warmack, G
4. Eric Fisher, T

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews...-risk-of-defensive-linemen-in-nfl-draft.html/

Plus, MWOOD92, I think the Cardinals want DEs who have the upper body strength to power their way to the QB---what they don't want is weaker players getting steered wide of the pocket which will open up huge escape routes for the likes of C-Kaep and R-Wilson.

Ideally they'd like a power rusher who has elite quickness---the combination of which Ziggy Ansah has better than any pass rusher in the draft. He's raw, which makes him a gamble---but with Tom Pratt on the staff, it would be a high reward gamble worth taking, imo.

My Top 4 Favorites:

2. Ziggy Ansah, OLB/DE
3. Chance Warmack, G
4. Eric Fisher, T

Love the new avatar, Mitch. Tavon Austin will make us relevant next season. Bo - yeah!!

MWOOD92

All Star
Reaction score

My Top 4 Favorites:

2. Ziggy Ansah, OLB/DE
3. Chance Warmack, G
4. Eric Fisher, T

Damontre Moore was a top 5 talent up until the Combine. Is the bench press seriously THAT big of an issue? Put him in the weight room and let Lott do what he does.

Based on the Cardinals position, I wouldn't touch any WR in the first round IMO.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will lay a bet on pretty much whatever that a crappy QB from the PAC 12 who is just a board favorite cause he plays for University of Arizona (AKA never had a real NFL QB) isnt drafted within the top 65 picks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns drafted Robin Lopez I said "Well he was 7 ft tall and couldn't dominate the PAC 12 despite playing the 4. Terrible pick"

That is Matt Scott.

In a conference where everyone gets over a 100 QB rating, finished with the 4th worst YPA, the second highest INTs, wasn't in the the top 10 QB rating...just terrible.

In the 5th round MAYBE...but it would be a waste of a pick. In the second round...

Scouts INC gives him a 58 rating for a reason. He sucks...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns drafted Robin Lopez I said "Well he was 7 ft tall and couldn't dominate the PAC 12 despite playing the 4. Terrible pick"

That is Matt Scott.

In a conference where everyone gets over a 100 QB rating, finished with the 4th worst YPA, the second highest INTs, wasn't in the the top 10 QB rating...just terrible.

In the 5th round MAYBE...but it would be a waste of a pick. In the second round...

Scouts INC gives him a 58 rating for a reason. He sucks...
about this ratings i dont put too much attention..i just gave a look at nfl.com
zac dysert has 83.5(2nd qb)..(5t rounder?)
bryan shwenke and barret jones just 71
jamie collins one of the best olb from this class has just 68
bacari rambo safety from georgia just 61

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
1. KC: Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan. The Chiefs try to trade down but everyone is leery of another Andy Reid fleecing and thus resist. Fisher has that special je ne sais quoi and the Chiefs recognize it.

:lol:

I'm glad and sad that Fisher is getting some respect here.

I think if we go BPA it will be one of the following who WILL be available:

Ezekiel Anzah
Jarvis Jones
Dion Jordan
Starr Lutulelei
Dee Milliner
Chance Warmack

That ain't a bad grouping. Prouction wise it's Jarvis or Chance. Scheme wise in the pass happy NFL having two star CB's can never be a bad thing. Remember NE and Oak when they had Haynes and Hayes? We could be that terrifying back there with these two. But the chances are slim of him making it that far.

But we have so many needs that IF he makes it there, I'd say we pry a 1st and 2nd out of Miami for him and take Chance there with Miami's old pick. :D

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

103. AZ: Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St. Playmaker who is a very good tackler. Very good ball skills, which the Cardinals are now trying to stress in the secondary. The very good depth at safety in this draft will allow the Cardinals to wait until the early 4th round.

I like him as well, but in the 4th, that's a stretch. He'll be one of the ones taken ahead of our pick. You'd have to settle for a lesser talented S here, imo. Saftey in the 3rd.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will lay a bet on pretty much whatever that a crappy QB from the PAC 12 who is just a board favorite cause he plays for University of Arizona (AKA never had a real NFL QB) isnt drafted within the top 65 picks.

One thing I got right in the draft. He didn't even get drafted.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22