Mort Just Said Leinart to Start!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
On the Monday Night Countdown Chris Mortensen just said that Leinart will be starting against the Falcons...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AWESOME! Now there's a reason to actually watch again!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised... Denny has made a number of these hair-brained QB switches in the past...
I hope this doesn't do more bad than good. Leinart could get killed on Sunday. Fankly, I would have preferred to have seen an aging, soon to retire QB get killed versus our future...
Even Brady didn't start a game his rookie season. Oh well...

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WOW!! I cant wait, hope Ross has another good game, he now blocks Matts blindside

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
It's kind of funny...I picked up Leinart in my fantsy league before the season, with my QB's being Hasselbeck and Chris Simms. For the last week I was trying to dump Leinart and make waiver claims, and every claim I made someone else got the guy instead of me. I figured it must be fate that I can't get rid of Leinart...

Fast forward to this past Sunday and Warner sucks and Simms decides he'd rather not have his spleen...weird...

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
This would've been great if they weren't facing the Falcons on the road... as long as the o-line plays average again he shouldn't be banged up too much.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Just imagin we win with Leinart against ATL. The next game at home will be sooo sweeet.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
This would've been great if they weren't facing the Falcons on the road... as long as the o-line plays average again he shouldn't be banged up too much.

Say what you want about Green, but he had a great game plan for Vick last time we played down there and held them to 6 points. Keep the faith.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Cardinals | Leinart will start Week 4
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:30:41 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Arizona Cardinals QB Matt Leinart will start the Week 4 game.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is not gonna happen! Warner will be starting not sure where Mort gets his info but it is unreliable at best! And thank god it is because Leinart starting means our season is over already, and I for one am not willing to call it a season after 3 games.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Green makes this move it will just confirm he is a total idiot coach when it comes to running this team!!!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Say what you want about Green, but he had a great game plan for Vick last time we played down there and held them to 6 points. Keep the faith.
I didn't say we couldn't win, but their defense, our o-line...eh...Leinart will get murdered.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
This has shades of DG starting Navarre in Detroit only to have him get injured and be a total loss for his career. Atl is not the place I would think they would start Leinart. Really would be a headscratcher, but thats the Cardinals for ya.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

If our OL plays average, whoever starts this game will get killed. Abraham and Kerney are complete animals who will kill our crappy OL if they play good, let alone average. I think switching to Leinart is too early, especially with next weeks matchup. Sending him in a hostile environment against a nasty D consisting of Abraham, Kerney, DeAngelo Hall, Rod Coleman, Hartwell, Brooking would be a huge mistake. I know some may say it could be a good learning experience but I disagree. If our OL couldn't handle our oppenents so far, it could be very bad next Sun. Let Warner start next Sun, if he plays bad again let Leinart start at home vs KC.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrilled for the team; thrilled for the fans; I feel bad for Warner a little, though. He seems like a really good guy who will take this hard.

That said, whoohoo!:bday:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This has shades of DG starting Navarre in Detroit only to have him get injured and be a total loss for his career.
Navarre's career was over before it started.

Leinart's got all the tools and the brain - there's really no comparison.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Atl is not the place I would think they would start Leinart. Really would be a headscratcher, but thats the Cardinals for ya.

I don't know about that. Matt can probably get rid of the ball faster and cleaner that Kurt (oh yeah.... and not fumble 5 times) which is what you have to do against an agressive D like Atlanta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05