Mort Just Said Leinart to Start!

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Actually, that tall kid being there was tripping me out. I mean, look at the general age group of all the other kids - probably 5-9. Then you have this tall bean pole of a kid out there running kid drills too....

Not to mention he was the only kid who could move the sled when that one in front of your daughter was holding it down.

That's it, straight to H from here.:devil:

Burg72

Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention he was the onlykid who could move the sled when that one in front of your daughter was holding it down.

That's it, straight to H from here.:devil:

Maybe he could play center?

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
To all of you who think Warner should start Sunday....... Please explain the 3 INT's and 1 fumble that lost the game. Is that OK with you? What if he does it again next week? Will you still be saying Warner's the guy?
I know that the line is not that great, but who else do we have on the roster to replace them?... What is your immediate remedy to this problem? I say, try a young energetic QB who might just pick up the tempo just enough to overcome our mediocre line play. Sorry but I just cant endure anymore weak excuses from our starting QB on how he screwed up (McCown, Plummer). We need a winner!!!!! Im not sure but, the Rams and the Giants both decided it wasnt Warner. Do you think he's going to make this great career resurection, or maybe we should give our 1st rd pick heisman winner a try.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
turnovers = loss
warner = turnovers
warner = loss

warner will be gone after this year, he still believes he should start for 3 years. hopefully he supports matt and tries to help him, but i doubt it.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
cardcrazy try reading some of the posts about the game before you post. Warner threw one, one questionable pass and it may have been tipped also crap happens and the fumble check out the gaurd who pulled and appeared to knock the ball out. To blame all of that game on Warner is as obsurd and thinking Leinart is going to come out and beat any real NFL defense having never played one yet!

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
cardcrazy try reading some of the posts about the game before you post. Warner threw one, one questionable pass and it may have been tipped also crap happens and the fumble check out the gaurd who pulled and appeared to knock the ball out. To blame all of that game on Warner is as obsurd and thinking Leinart is going to come out and beat any real NFL defense having never played one yet!

The guard didn't knock the ball out of Kurt's hands. The guard knocked the ball forwards, making it nearly impossible for the Cards to recover it. The ball was already out of Kurt's hands by the time Brown hit it. If Warner receives the snap cleanly the ball never goes anywhere.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
mesacardsfan, I didnt base my views of the game on other posts. I have a DVR and watch the plays over and over. Thank you green machine for confirming that the guard hit the ball AFTER it came out of Kurts hands. and I saw 2 bad passes by warner that resulted in INT's.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys are clearly making your case for Leinart so your objectivity is clouded. You pick a play or 2 that warner made bad passes to prove your point but ignore the many beautiful throws and nice offensive numbers besides the TOs. Yeah he had a bad game stats are just that not really indicative of the game the team as a whole lost warner played his part in the loss. Our D got burned multiple times but all you can talk about is warners play. If they start Leinart thinking he is gonna win us games it just shows the cards braintrust is as offbase as some of the fans. Rediculous to start a rookie 3 games in and scrap the season because our SB MVP had a bad game.... yeah bench him hes only done what no QB this franchise has ever had has done!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are clearly making your case for Leinart so your objectivity is clouded. You pick a play or 2 that warner made bad passes to prove your point but ignore the many beautiful throws and nice offensive numbers besides the TOs. Yeah he had a bad game stats are just that not really indicative of the game the team as a whole lost warner played his part in the loss. Our D got burned multiple times but all you can talk about is warners play. If they start Leinart thinking he is gonna win us games it just shows the cards braintrust is as offbase as some of the fans. Rediculous to start a rookie 3 games in and scrap the season because our SB MVP had a bad game.... yeah bench him hes only done what no QB this franchise has ever had has done!

it's ridiculous for you to keep calling Warner OUR SUPER BOWL MVP - first, it wasn't with us, and second it was SEVEN YEARS AGO - and he hasn't looked good IN 5 YEARS - there's a reason he was washed out of the team he led to the Super Bowl and there was a reason he was washed out of the next team he went to - and you know why? It's because the guy is a turnover MACHINE AND A LOSER NOW - all his good stats? That's ancient history - he's something like 10-23 in his last 33 starts with a TD to turnover ratio of 26:45 - THAT'S ALMOST 1:2 - THAT'S HORRIFIC.

Stop living in the past. It's time for the future.

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score

Umm...I'm basing my opinion of what I've seen this season, along with what the feeling was in the locker room yesterday after the game.

And how can you look at the game and say "without the turnovers it was a good game?" The turnovers were the game!

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok your all right lets give up 3 games in and start the rookie.... you must really love losing!

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
To all of you who think Warner should start Sunday....... Please explain the 3 INT's and 1 fumble that lost the game. Is that OK with you? What if he does it again next week? Will you still be saying Warner's the guy?
You know, something that I haven't seen mentioned by anyone, is that Warner historically struggles against Haslett coached defenses.

19 28 256 67.9 9.14 54 1 3 1.0 69.0
23 32 338 71.9 10.56 40 4 0 4.0 145.6
29 47 385 61.7 8.19 42 1 4 2.0 59.3
24 40 365 60.0 9.13 38 3 3 2.0 83.9
12 17 133 70.6 7.82 28 1 1 2.0 88.6

Statistically speaking, yesterday wasn't even his worst performance against Haslett. In his career, Warner's got 10 td's vs. 11 int's against Haslett's teams and that's including 2000 and 2001 when he was at the top of his game. Maybe Haslett just has his number?

Regardless of who starts, Atlanta's going to be pissed at being embarrassed by the Saints on MNF. I don't envy Leinart or Warner.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok your all right lets give up 3 games in and start the rookie.... you must really love losing!

3-10 with the Cardinals - 10-23 in his last 33 starts - 1:2 TD:Turnover ratio - that's what you're backing - you're backing FAILURE - YOU'RE BACKING LOSING WITH NO FUTURE.

We're losing with Warner anyway - he's been a loser since 2001 - I'd rather lose with our future in the game and starting to learn - at least then we're not losing for nothing and NEXT YEAR - yeah, next year and for the next TEN YEARS - WE ARE SET.

But hey, you Kurt to keep starting - so basically you want to keep losing this year, then lose NEXT YEAR when Matt takes his licks - why would you want to prolong LOSING?

It's gonna happen this year with or without Matt in there - Kurt has proven that over the last 5 years - he's a turnover machine and has been washed out by two teams. Stop living in the past and welcome the future.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
all his good stats? That's ancient history - he's something like 10-23 in his last 33 starts with a TD to turnover ratio of 26:45

Let's compare apples to apples shall we? Warner had 11 td's and 10 turnovers last year under marginal circumstances. I can't defend his play last Sunday, but I think it's manipulative to show stat's that are irrelevant. His Rams and Giants numbers don't count any more. He's not on those teams and it's been years since he was. I don't know if he can pull out of his funk and I don't know if he should be given the chance. I want him to have the opportunity but I can't objectively give an answer on what's truly "right".

Leinart's the future, but putting him in crosses a line that you can't go back on. Is it really the time to go "all in"?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's compare apples to apples shall we? Warner had 11 td's and 10 turnovers last year under marginal circumstances. I can't defend his play last Sunday, but I think it's manipulative to show stat's that are irrelevant. His Rams and Giants numbers don't count any more. He's not on those teams and it's been years since he was. I don't know if he can pull out of his funk and I don't know if he should be given the chance. I want him to have the opportunity but I can't objectively give an answer on what's truly "right".

Leinart's the future, but putting him in crosses a line that you can't go back on. Is it really the time to go "all in"?

yes - why would we want to go back on the line - we know what's on the other side - a washed up has-been who is a turnover machine - 11 TDs:14 TURNOVERS - where you get 10, I don't know. And with the Giants it was 6:8 with TWELVE FUMBLES (8 luckily recovered) and so far this year, it's 5 and 6 with a EIGHT FUMBLES - he's a turnover machine. Past performance,when repeated ad nasuem is a predictor of future events.

How are stats of how he's played the last three years irrelevent? They are the best indicator of how he's played lately. And lately, he's played like a washe dup bum who should be bagging groceries... again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if he can pull out of his funk

5 years is a bit too long to be in a funk.

stop living in the past (which isn't even ours for christ sake!) - it's time for the future.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its not time for Leinart I am done trying to think logically with you guys. You all clearly have made your minds up lets just hope the Cards braintrust can see the real picture. You don't throw your future QB to the wolves because your vet has a bad game thats a huge overeaction. Heres and idea Boldin and Fitz both dropped easily catchable balls lets trade them cause we lost. Its just silly overeaction you all need to step back and realize we can win games and Warner can win us games no need to rush in our QBOF. Let him learn the game for awhile its week 3 for gods sake!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its just silly overeaction you all need to step back and realize we can win games and Warner can win us games no need to rush in our QBOF.

what is this based on? Is it based on his 3-10 record with the Cardinals while throwing for 16 TDs and having 20 turnovers with another 9 fumbles luckily recovered by the Cardinals to boot?

what exactly makes you believe Warner can win us some games? You've said we have no logic, but I'm failing to see any reason as to the logic of Kurt Warner can win us games when it's been shown throughout the last five years and the last two with us, that he can't win games and turns the ball over at a Plummer on the Cardinals-like rate?

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Look cheese can we agree that this years team is a different team, meaning we have a legitimate RB? Ok that alone makes this team different and we have lost one game that we should have won, right! ITs too early to just give up and play a rookie QB. Warner and the offensive weapons we have can fix some mistakes and start rolling. Leinart still has alot to learn I don't see the benefit of putting him out there in a position to get killed. We have the weapons to be successful with a QB who know how to play NFL FOOTBALL not college football.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
where you get 10, I don't know.
ESPN.com has his fumbles as 3 total and 0 lost(I didn't realize they were somehow seperating "rushing" fumbles and "passing" fumbles). I see that NFL.com has him at 9 and 5 for last year.

Past performance,when repeated ad nasuem is a predictor of future events.
As long as the circumstances are consistent. You may be right and he'll never be able to overcome this problem but there are many examples of guys who have. Your constant point about "5 years" of bad play is misleading as well. I understand the point you're trying to make and the obvious dislike you have for Warner but exaggerating numbers to illustrate your point of view won't convince me of it's validity. Last year he did pretty well. This year he's done good and bad. Only now has the line began to play acceptably so I don't know that I agree with the idea of giving up on Warner. Would you have given up on Tiki Barber? Did he just turn it around overnight? It is possible to do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN.com has his fumbles as 3 total and 0 lost(I didn't realize they were somehow seperating "rushing" fumbles and "passing" fumbles). I see that NFL.com has him at 9 and 5 for last year.

As long as the circumstances are consistent. You may be right and he'll never be able to overcome this problem but there are many examples of guys who have. Your constant point about "5 years" of bad play is misleading as well. I understand the point you're trying to make and the obvious dislike you have for Warner but exaggerating numbers to illustrate your point of view won't convince me of it's validity.

you lost any credibility you had right here - I'm not exaggerating anything - anyone can find his numbers - he's been horrendous for five years - period. I mean (and I hate doing this, but you're making me), yoou accuse me of exaggerating numbers (when eveery single one of them is correct) but then go ahea din another thread and say Plummer's been a turnover machine the laast couple years, when in reality, he's thrown 47 TDs to 34 turnovers - WHICH IS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN WARNER and is still better than 1:1. But yeah, I'm the one exaggerating things here.

I don't have dislike for Warner. The guy had an UNBELIEVABLE three year run, took some wicked hits to the head, messed up his hand and hasn't been the same since and actually has been pretty horrific since - that's not dislike - it's the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Look cheese can we agree that this years team is a different team, meaning we have a legitimate RB? Ok that alone makes this team different and we have lost one game that we should have won, right! ITs too early to just give up and play a rookie QB. Warner and the offensive weapons we have can fix some mistakes and start rolling. Leinart still has alot to learn I don't see the benefit of putting him out there in a position to get killed. We have the weapons to be successful with a QB who know how to play NFL FOOTBALL not college football.

If this were his only bad game and he only had 1 or 2 more turnovers then the 4 he had on Sunday, I might agree with you.

But how can you honestly say that things will get worse when he is averaging 4 potential turnovers a game and has no signs of getting better?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have zero faith in Kurt Warner - I thought he could be a DG reclamation project, ala Jeff George, Cunningham, Warren Moon, etc, etc in Minnesota, but he's not. He's a washed up has-been who can't play football anymore, no matter what offensive weapons are put at his disposal.

It doesn't matter to me that we have Edge - and we lost a game thta wwe should have won? I'm sorry, that game was gifted to us - BY A BAD TEAM -and we STILL DIDN'T WIN - because Warner does what he ALWAYS DOES - he turned the ball over. Why after 5 years of turning the ball over like it was a hot-potato is that going to all of a sudden change?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05