Mort Just Said Leinart to Start!

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Kurt has averaged 4 turnovers a game. Seriously tell how in the hell do you suddenly expect him to take care of the ball when he has put the ball on the turf on a regular basis the first 3 games? Do you honestly believe that Leinart can't do a better job of taking care of the ball then that?

As for the Falcons I was talking in general about that awesome pass rush that many including myself bought into. They haven't gotten near Brees other then for a personal foul hit. Gee that sounds oddly familiar

Stupidity is doing nothing and expecting the results to change. Its time to make a change

The best way for him to take care of the ball is to start taking the saftey valve and dumping the ball instead of holding it so long. That is what Edge is complaining about when he is saying that he is not getting the ball. He is used to having the ball dumped to him. Warner missed the TE and or RB on numerous occasions in both games. He held it to long looking for the Wr to get open. I would expect they will work on this in practice this week. Rowen has to make sure this is strongly reiterated in practice and filming sessions this week. Warner is still the best chance for us to win this season. Leinart had hardly any camp, had an injury to a shoulder, and has not seen NFL defenses and our brilliant pundits here want to throw him to the wolves....amazing simply amazing.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i can't say i am disappointed that leinart is starting. i much rather give warner one more game. not because it is the falcons, but because i believe warner will bounce back from these poor performances and get the ball rolling for the cardinals. if kurt can't get the ball rolling in week 4 than it is time to make a permitted switch. if you start leinart than it is for the rest of the season. plus i still believe warner is suffering from a concusion. i don't care if it is reported or not.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Wreaks of desperation.... how can u bench a veteran QB for a rookie based on 1 game.... Its only week 3 for gods sake...

When you have 12 potential turnovers in 3 games, the benching only makes sense. How is he suddenly going to gain control of the ball when he has put it on the turf repeatedly

Even before last weeks game he had 7 fumbles and an INT. That still averages out to 4 potential turnovers a game

I love Lienart and he's gonna be great... but this is too early... Warner did win NFC offensive player of the week just two weeks ago...

He played well one qtr and almost gave that game away also by fumbling at the 5 yard line and giving the 49ers basically a free TD

While he was pathetic yesterday... this shows the whole team your panicking...not to mention Warner is gonna be a cancer the rest of the season..

Warner has been basically called out by everyone on the team already. His loss of the team has already occurred.

This change shows Green is actually paying attention

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Finally a voice of reasoning. You guys are like school girls with a crush on the high school QB. All ready to tank another season after 3 games. I'm a cards fan and will hope for the best but even Leinert said he had the best situation in AZ. He gets to sit and learn from a super bowl MVP. The problem is still the OL. But switching QB's will fix that I guess.

Yep. This news is really depressing. You don't bench Warner just because he had a bad game.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yep. This news is really depressing. You don't bench Warner just because he had a bad game.

I want to work for you.

Normally I'd agree with you, it wasn't one, it was two and the last one wasn't bad, it was legendary.

It's stuff they make nightmares out of.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The best way for him to take care of the ball is to start taking the saftey valve and dumping the ball instead of holding it so long. That is what Edge is complaining about when he is saying that he is not getting the ball. He is used to having the ball dumped to him. Warner missed the TE and or RB on numerous occasions in both games. He held it to long looking for the Wr to get open. I would expect they will work on this in practice this week. Rowen has to make sure this is strongly reiterated in practice and filming sessions this week. Warner is still the best chance for us to win this season. Leinart had hardly any camp, had an injury to a shoulder, and has not seen NFL defenses and our brilliant pundits here want to throw him to the wolves....amazing simply amazing.

Again how is that simply going to change? If he continues to refuse to throw it to a WIDE open RB and prefers to throw it to a triple teamed Fitz, thats not showing he even knows what the hell is going on.

Warner has seen those defenses and has played like absolute garbage. That just shows he's done and a change is needed

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wreaks of desperation.... how can u bench a veteran QB for a rookie based on 1 game.... Its only week 3 for gods sake...

it's not 3 weeks - 13 games, 3-10 record, 16 TDs, 20 Turnovers with another 11 fumbles luckily recovered by us - that's HORRIFIC play from a veteran QB.

He's just good enough to get you a loss - it's time for the future.

and this doesn't even go into Kurt's play with the G-men and the Rams before he got here - those numbers ain't pretty either.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

8 fumbles and 4 Ints after 3 games. Thats not spin, those are the facts.

If you don't see why Warner is being benched (and it goes beyond yesterday) then you're simply turning a blind eye to what is going on

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Warner has been basically called out by everyone on the team already. His loss of the team has already occurred.

This change shows Green is actually paying attention

Really? Are you actually Mort in disguise? Not that I'm calling you out by your throwing out your speculation as inside information but....:p

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I want to work for you.

Normally I'd agree with you, it wasn't one, it was two and the last one wasn't bad, it was legendary.

It's stuff they make nightmares out of.

No, you don't want to work for me. I'd have to fire you for temporary insanity if you think we're gonna be a better team with Leinart at this point.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Really? Are you actually Mort in disguise? Not that I'm calling you out by your throwing out your speculation as inside information but....:p

LOL

Edge was calling out the leadership, The defense is saying that they are doing their jobs, etc. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he (and possibly coach Green) has lost the team

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Josh has a better W L record with this team than Warner.

Warner is done, he still has skills, they just come and go at odd times, you can't have that and expect to win games.

I am completely sure we'll get more out of Matt than we got out of Josh right out of the gate, but when Josh took care of the ball we had a better chance than not of winning the game.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This has shades of DG starting Navarre in Detroit only to have him get injured and be a total loss for his career. Atl is not the place I would think they would start Leinart. Really would be a headscratcher, but thats the Cardinals for ya.

WTF? Yeah, starting the franchise QB, Heisman winner, from USC is exactly like playing John Navarre against the Lions. Whatever.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
LOL

Edge was calling out the leadership, The defense is saying that they are doing their jobs, etc. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he (and possibly coach Green) has lost the team

My bigger fear is that Green has lost the team. It's not like he is going to bench Edge for talking smack about the coaching.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For one of the rare times...I agree with Cheese.

welcome to hell... muhahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest, I won't be SHOCKED if this team actually gets better with Matty in there, but I'm expecting a lot of growing pains that ANY first year QB is gonna go through - but you know what? I'd much rather suffer those growing pains and mistakes knowing that it's our future out there learning that suffer through some freaking has-been making the same mistake while our future learns nothing.

We may be looking at a rough season, but as far as I'm concerned it's going to be the beginning of a glorious run that we'll look back on decades from now, laughing and saying - Man, remember that year when Matt Leinart DIDN'T look like a 3 time Super Bowl Champion, 3 time MVP, HOFer? Thank God Dennis Green benched Warner when he did - we didn't need to make ANOTHER former superstar cry (or DIE) in front of a national audience!

Bring on the future.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
8 fumbles and 4 Ints after 3 games. Thats not spin, those are the facts.

If you don't see why Warner is being benched (and it goes beyond yesterday) then you're simply turning a blind eye to what is going on

I think you ride out the storm. Warner is in a funk, no question, but it won't last. Lienart will spend the next 13 weeks committing stupid rookie mistakes. We're not the Steelers, and the team will pay for every mistake.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Again how is that simply going to change? If he continues to refuse to throw it to a WIDE open RB and prefers to throw it to a triple teamed Fitz, thats not showing he even knows what the hell is going on.

Warner has seen those defenses and has played like absolute garbage. That just shows he's done and a change is needed

It will change because they will recognize it and with Edge complaining about it...then Warner can adjust and start making the dump passes and taking the hot read. He hasn't done well at either yet. Rowen needs to stress this has to happen. Hold Warner accountable for making it happen.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The number one point to take away from this news was alluded to by all the post game quotes last night. It isn't the board that is acting like HS girls with a crush.

Let's spell it out:

WARNER

LOST

THIS

TEAM

They are no longer in his corner...there is doubt from them when they see a guy making rookie mistakes who has NO business doing so. He's done it from the second half of the SF game on. The line was a big part of the problem against the Seahawks, so I gave bennie of the doubt. The line was just fine against the Rams, which showed crystal clear where the problem was (which is a blessing or else Warner's mistakes would have been disguised as part of poor line play, as they were in Seattle.

Fans aren't the only ones who see it. The players themselves see it. The players see him booed. The players see their efforts fall apart on his back. The players aren't supporting him. He has lost the team.

That's why Matt will be in there now, and if it does happen as reported, that's why it is the right move.

Some say it looks like desparation? That we give up on the season? No, that would be not addressing the growing team concern and staying with Kurt. This is a move that says "ok, we hear you guys....we're going with the guy who gives us the better chance to win, and it isn't Kurt." To hope Kurt stops playing like an idiot when the team doesn't trust him is to give up on the season, then to put in Matt in a few weeks confirms the season is over. This only shows the team is looking to win now with the guy they think can do it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
welcome to hell... muhahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest, I won't be SHOCKED if this team actually gets better with Matty in there, but I'm expecting a lot of growing pains that ANY first year QB is gonna go through - but you know what? I'd much rather suffer those growing pains and mistakes knowing that it's our future out there learning that suffer through some freaking has-been making the same mistake while our future learns nothing.

We may be looking at a rough season, but as far as I'm concerned it's going to be the beginning of a glorious run that we'll look back on decades from now, laughing and saying - Man, remember that year when Matt Leinart DIDN'T look like a 3 time Super Bowl Champion, 3 time MVP, HOFer? Thank God Dennis Green benched Warner when he did - we didn't need to make ANOTHER former superstar cry (or DIE) in front of a national audience!

Bring on the future.

Man that reeks of covering your butt!

I tell you what, I'll be shocked if the team dosen't play better, yeah that's right, shocked.

Everyone dissed Josh hard for not making more plays, not throwing more TD's, I understand all that, I agree, comparing his future to Leinarts is a joke, the fact remains when he didn't turn over the ball we were in almost every game and won our share.

Time to buck up and not be a wuss about this, Leinarts going to do better than Warner, write that down.

I'll eat crow if necessary, but I'll not hedge on this.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Forget Warner losing the team or whatever.

Fact is Green is doing what we all wanted. Make players accountable. Macklin messed up and was demoted to 5th CB.

To let Warner slide would be a total contradiction. This isnt coach "One heart" here, we dont let people play bad and then just laugh it off and say "oh well, we might play better next week!".

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
There is a quality poll question lurking in a deep corner of someone's mind out there. A question that would enlighten everyone of us regarding the Bagboy vs Hollywood question.

I personally have way too many deep dark corners to see any question other than scotch or bourbon....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05