My 3 biggest concerns for Monday night

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) We blitz Wilson a lot, Berrian has 4 catches over 40 yards already this year. I am quite concerned they're going to catch us in a Wilson blitz with Griffith responsible for deep help for either Rolle or Green and hit a big pass play downfield.

2) Our OL stinks, their DL is terrific. All but one of their sacks are by DL's, their leading sack man is a backup DE so if Ogunleye can't play, they just put in the guy who leads them in sacks.

3) After all the problems we had with punting last week I'm afraid every team we play is going to load up trying to block punts. Looks like Player is kicking in slow motion at times this year.

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
I have watched the Bears alot this season and Berrian drops a lot of passes. He does make the spectacular play but dropsies kill him.

I am more worried about Hester returning punts than getting them blocked.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1)

3) After all the problems we had with punting last week I'm afraid every team we play is going to load up trying to block punts. Looks like Player is kicking in slow motion at times this year.

Should have kept capshaw, for the thousandth time. I really didn't expect Player to be this done, but still wanted the change. If you would have shown me game tape on Player from the first 4 games, then cutting Player would have been a no brainer.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am more worried about Hester returning punts than getting them blocked.

That's why KC got pressure on us...we were more worried about Hall returning them and got into a pattern of kicking.

Kick the ball deep and OOB if need be if you are scared.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should have kept capshaw, for the thousandth time. I really didn't expect Player to be this done, but still wanted the change. If you would have shown me game tape on Player from the first 4 games, then cutting Player would have been a no brainer.

Agree with you D-Dog. Capshaw looked great and Player has looked terrible since camp to now.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm most concerned with the coaching and play calling. It's amazing to me that the best game plan we had this year was the KC game. And Why? Because they claimed to have simplified the offense, got to the line with time on the play clock and played less passively.
Not a bad adjustment except that it took 2 1/2 years to figure it out.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Punter

I can't believe that so many posters want the Cards to replace Player with Capshaw. If Capshaw was so good why hasn't some other team signed him?

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems years of Cardinals sucking has put some of you in a state of accepting mediocrity...

I believe there is a lot that can be improved... we need to hit free agency harder...

You are right on! I bet there are several free agent Raider Girls who are ready to jump ship. And with the big mess in Dallas, maybe even some of their cheerleaders will consider coming to AZ.

The days of accepting mediocre cheerleaders are over. In addition, I will make myself available to comfort the ones who are cut, even if they are mediocre.

The Shark

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Hell I will make myself available to comfort the cheerleaders who are way below mediocre.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't believe that so many posters want the Cards to replace Player with Capshaw. If Capshaw was so good why hasn't some other team signed him?

Because they all already have a punter?

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems years of Cardinals sucking has put some of you in a state of accepting mediocrity...

I believe there is a lot that can be improved... we need to hit free agency harder...
We're not accepting mediocrity...we're just stating our good points. :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

...because there are a plently of punters with NFL experience who want a job. Player is by far the worst statistical punter in the NFL...... THE WORST!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
...actually I hope we sign Sauerbrun, maybe he can help get this team some talent in the form of HGH

ishbin

Rookie
Reaction score
...because there are a plently of punters with NFL experience who want a job. Player is by far the worst statistical punter in the NFL...... THE WORST!

capshaw outplayed player in the preseason. too bad everyone here is so loyal to a "player' that is way past his prime. we should have made the switch when we had the chance....hey denny, it's not to late.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
capshaw outplayed player in the preseason. too bad everyone here is so loyal to a "player' that is way past his prime. we should have made the switch when we had the chance....hey denny, it's not to late.

Actually, "here" I think we have a strong "sign Capshaw" contingent. I for one wish we had the young guy with the strong leg now instead of the old guy with the dying leg.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05