Nash signing, now???

Brett10S

Reaction score
Why do we have to do it so earlythough?????????

I mean at least lets gauge Kobe's interest. It was reported that his people were going to be meeting with the Suns TOMORROW. And before even making that meeting, we throw all this money at Nash. WTF? This couldn't wait until at least we see what they have to say. I don't think Nash has any more offers like this that he's sitting on, so IMO it would have made sense to say "Hey Steve, were very interested, but we can't do anything right now" and then pick things up in a day or so. I guess if all the Kobe hype hadn't been around for the last few months, I would be happy, but I'm not, so.........

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
They Still can't do anything until the 14th.

Buseinspectrum

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I presume BC has been making the phone calls with Kobe's agent and the Laker front office. He apparently concluded that Kobe was unattainable IMO.

OP
OP
B

Brett10S

Reaction score
SweetD said:
They Still can't do anything until the 14th.
I understand that, but apparently its been offered and accepted, so my question remains, why offer so quickly?

Buse is probably right, but it still doesnt make sense to me. Things can change, people can be awed.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Brett10S said:
I understand that, but apparently its been offered and accepted, so my question remains, why offer so quickly?

Buse is probably right, but it still doesnt make sense to me. Things can change, people can be awed.

i think they were worried that if they waited for kobe to be 100% that he was staying they would miss out on signing nash.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
i think they were worried that if they waited for kobe to be 100% that he was staying they would miss out on signing nash.

And I think there's no chance in hell that anyone was going to offer more for Nash, meaning that the Suns could have, at the very least, afforded to wait for two more weeks.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
elindholm said:

And I think there's no chance in hell that anyone was going to offer more for Nash, meaning that the Suns could have, at the very least, afforded to wait for two more weeks.

maybe.....maybe not.......also this allows us to get a jump on our SECOND free agent. if we waited two weeks we still may have gotten nash, but we'd be behind the eight ball on signing anyone else.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
also this allows us to get a jump on our SECOND free agent. if we waited two weeks we still may have gotten nash, but we'd be behind the eight ball on signing anyone else.

That's a valid point. The second FA signing may help to make up for this one.