Nash to replace Yao in the All-Star game

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Kevin Love is able to put up spectacular numbers, but Blake is able to put up his numbers in a spectactular way, and that's the difference.
And that's what produces higher revenue.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because Griffin plays in Los Angeles, thus everything he does gets more attention, inflating its perceived value.

??? It's the Clippers. If any franchise has mastered the art of invisibility, it's these guys. Griffin is going over Love in large part because he's surrounded by better talent. Love keeps putting up great numbers but it hasn't translated to much in the win column. I don't think it should be an either/or situation, they both deserve to be there. If you have to take JUST one, Blake wins out barely IMO. Mostly for the record, partly for the spectacular dunks but only slightly because ESPN isn't quite sure where Minnesota is located.

Steve

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kevin Love was just named as a replacement for Ming in the All-Star game which makes sense. Not sure why this thread was titled the way it is; there was never any indication that it would be Nash replacing Ming. Kevin Love certainly deserves to be on the roster.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If Deron Williams is injured (doubtful, but possible), then Nash will be his replacement. But for now, I have no problem with Nash resting.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
??? It's the Clippers. If any franchise has mastered the art of invisibility, it's these guys.

If you say so. Maybe I get a distorted picture living in Los Angeles, but my impression is that Griffin is getting a ton of hype nation-wide.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Just goes to show you how irrelevant the Suns have become that a 2-time MVP despite averaging as good numbers as ever almost is left out of the ASG.

Oh and obviously nobody else will represent this currently awful dull franchise either.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just goes to show you how irrelevant the Suns have become that a 2-time MVP despite averaging as good numbers as ever almost is left out of the ASG.
Second in the NBA in assists should be the best measure of a Point Guard.

Perhaps voting should be for each of the five positions instead of three, lumping Guards together and Forwards together.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you say so. Maybe I get a distorted picture living in Los Angeles, but my impression is that Griffin is getting a ton of hype nation-wide.

He clearly is. However, do you think the Clips would be doing as well if Love and Griffin were each on the other team? And, do you think Love would be drawing as much national attention in Blake's place as Griffin is getting? For me, the answer is probably no to the first question and definitely no to the second.

Steve

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He clearly is. However, do you think the Clips would be doing as well if Love and Griffin were each on the other team? And, do you think Love would be drawing as much national attention in Blake's place as Griffin is getting? For me, the answer is probably no to the first question and definitely no to the second.

Steve
I used to like Griffin, not anymore. He is shaping out to be a douche.
Did anyone see the hard foul he gave to Marvin and Horford yesterday.
He is probably thinking he is invisible with all the hype.

SAO

Reaction score

Have you seen some of the hard fouls Griffin has taken this year? The Horford fould was hard, but not dirty.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure I've ever "liked" Griffin. He's been a jerk occasionally as long as I can remember seeing him play. I've always thought he acts a bit like you'd expect from someone that's helped himself to steroids along the way. But, as a player he's tremendous and all in all he's no bigger of a jerk than a sizable number of these guys.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever "liked" Griffin. He's been a jerk occasionally as long as I can remember seeing him play. I've always thought he acts a bit like you'd expect from someone that's helped himself to steroids along the way. But, as a player he's tremendous and all in all he's no bigger of a jerk than a sizable number of these guys.

Steve

There is something "Barkley-esque" in his persona.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is something "Barkley-esque" in his persona.

I don't miss the spitting on spectators and bar fights but I do miss having a player on the court capable of dominating the opponents. I hadn't thought of the Barkley comparison. Griffin seems a little more out of control to me but that might be a difference in eras. In Barkley's day, his (on-court) behavior was only slightly over the top.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't miss the spitting on spectators and bar fights but I do miss having a player on the court capable of dominating the opponents. I hadn't thought of the Barkley comparison. Griffin seems a little more out of control to me but that might be a difference in eras. In Barkley's day, his (on-court) behavior was only slightly over the top.

Steve

But he had that slightly dirty "who me" type of game.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why did Ducan get voted in for Alridge?

Duncan's having the WORST season of his long career and he still gets voted in? Just because of his past success and caus he's on the #1 team?

Then how the hell is Shaq not an All-Star? He used to be good, just like Duncan. Shaq is also on the best team in his conference, so is Duncan.

Last edited:

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Duncan's minutes and stats are down but he can still play and help his team win. If he played 35 min a game for the Clippers or Minnseota his stats would be a lot better. But I didn't vote for him. There are young promising bigs I would rather see play in the circus game and it would have been better for Duncan to get some rest. Next year I will not vote at all and let the majority decide (let's hope for 4-5 Chinese players).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Duncan's minutes and stats are down but he can still play and help his team win. If he played 35 min a game for the Clippers or Minnseota his stats would be a lot better. But I didn't vote for him. There are young promising bigs I would rather see play in the circus game and it would have been better for Duncan to get some rest. Next year I will not vote at all and let the majority decide (let's hope for 4-5 Chinese players).

So can a lot of non all-stars.