Navarre prediction

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Well this is cool way to keep the season interesting DG this is awesome it's like Xmas every week.

I really like this about DG at least he dosen't just accept failure. That is so refreshing I can even forgive a QB rotation from hell.

IMO Josh needed more time before you dumped him but this is the NFL and it stands for Not For Long if you don't win. Josh was the QB when we won our last two games although not why we won them but he at least did not lose them.

None of that means anything because it's just my opinion and while I highly doubt we have the next Tom Brady comming in for us who knows maybe we do what the heck at least we will find out and that's actually fun.

It is astounding how fast King rose then fell on the charts and I could predict the same for Navarre. It's about 90% that he does as bad or worse than either Josh or King because he is running the same offense.

To be a success he will have to recognize the one or two times someone comes open downfield in the game and get the ball to them. That is without holding the ball too long on those occasions and getting stripped.

He will also have to hit over 60% of his passes and have at least a decent run game.

Actually since he can't scramble he also has to make a lot faster reads and squeeze the ball in tight coverages because he will have to complete about 2 to 3 more passes than the other guys to make up for the times they could scramble and he wont.

He has to do all this starting for the first time on the road and in his first year.

I can tell you this if he does all that and we win and then he duplicates it one more time chances are you just found one hell of a QB.

We will see.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Either the next Tom Brady or the next Drew Henson. We'll see.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Either the next Tom Brady or the next Drew Henson. We'll see.

Hey now don't judge Drew too quickly, Parcell told everyone he wasn't ready to play, he got 2 days of reps for a Thursday game, and then he stunk and proved he wasn't ready. Parcells loves him, still says he's going to be a great QB, just needs time to get the rust off and adjust.

ON Navarre, my concern is this, Navarre spent 4 years getting literally torn apart by the Michigan media and fans before having a good senior year and somewhat salvaging his career(because Henson bolted for baseball and they threw Navarre to the wolves to replace him).

He is being brought along slowly and now all of a sudden he's the starter, and guess where, in Detroit Michigan! Talk about your pressure on a rookie who has done nothing but scout team since preseason games.

Navarre is the type who in 2-3 years might develop into a nice backup, who knows maybe we win the lottery and he's a starter. But if he goes out Sunday and struggles like say Eli Manning yesterday, Green could competely destroy the guy in front of his friends and family and a lot of people who spent most of his college career booing him.

I just think it's unfair to Navarre.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Hey now don't judge Drew too quickly, Parcell told everyone he wasn't ready to play, he got 2 days of reps for a Thursday game, and then he stunk and proved he wasn't ready. Parcells loves him, still says he's going to be a great QB, just needs time to get the rust off and adjust.

ON Navarre, my concern is this, Navarre spent 4 years getting literally torn apart by the Michigan media and fans before having a good senior year and somewhat salvaging his career(because Henson bolted for baseball and they threw Navarre to the wolves to replace him).

He is being brought along slowly and now all of a sudden he's the starter, and guess where, in Detroit Michigan! Talk about your pressure on a rookie who has done nothing but scout team since preseason games.

Navarre is the type who in 2-3 years might develop into a nice backup, who knows maybe we win the lottery and he's a starter. But if he goes out Sunday and struggles like say Eli Manning yesterday, Green could competely destroy the guy in front of his friends and family and a lot of people who spent most of his college career booing him.

Henson will be good especially if he can survive camp Tuna.

Russ I don't think DG cares about John at all or Josh or Shaun, I think he wants to win and will destroy anyone he feels like to accomplish that.

This is the coaching equivilant of a hail mary pass.

I remember what John went through up in Michigan it was brutal. It was to his credit he didn't eventually wilt under it and to some extent he has to be light years ahead of the aw shucks Josh version.

It's almost like a train wreck. I won't be able to look away.

This is DG's version of reality tv and this week watch a 6 year old trapped in a pit of a thousand snakes...

Whew it's gonna be interesting.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Henson will be good especially if he can survive camp Tuna.

Russ I don't think DG cares about John at all or Josh or Shaun, I think he wants to win and will destroy anyone he feels like to accomplish that.

This is the coaching equivilant of a hail mary pass.

I remember what John went through up in Michigan it was brutal. It was to his credit he didn't eventually wilt under it and to some extent he has to be light years ahead of the aw shucks Josh version.

It's almost like a train wreck. I won't be able to look away.

This is DG's version of reality tv and this week watch a 6 year old trapped in a pit of a thousand snakes...

Whew it's gonna be interesting.

In a sense it's like interactive coaching.

Green got sick of hearing us all 2nd guess his moves so he said screw it half of htem are giving me a free pass, the others change THEIR minds all the time, why can't I?

If we started a poll that voted to start QUan at QB next week, Green would do it.

:)

pete

All Star
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

Green has already said he doesn't feel sorry for football players so who cares if it is fair to Navarre or not? You think Navarre thinks like that? I bet he's jacked as hell for the opportunity. At least he should be.

FanOfTheGame1

Riding The Pine
Reaction score
With the O-line on this team, does it really matter who the QB is?

This situation is a lot like the early 90's, the Chris Chandler / Steve Beuerlein / Jay Schroeder / Jim McMahon days. (And some others that I've forgotten. Tom Tupa maybe?) A different QB almost every game because QB's were almost getting themselves KILLED each week.

And those guys were veterans. Why should anyone think that the present crop - a rookie, an almost-rookie and a journeyman backup - would have any better luck? So far, it's been a minor miracle that none of them have been seriously hurt.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

Well, if you are going to start your first NFL game, the Lions are a good team to do it against. Detroit is one of the few (only?) teams who are statistically worse than us on both offense and defense.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfair to Navarre? Nonsense. Denny wants to see if this kid has an upside before the April draft. If Navarre stays healthy, this may be a 5 game audition, even if he plays badly, as most rookies will. Roethlisberger's last two games have been stinkers.

The strange thing is that during camp, Navarre was thought to be already much better than McCown and King at reading defenses.

I expect some nice TDs and a bunch of sacks and intentional groundings. Navarre is virtually as immobile as Bledsoe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
The strange thing is that during camp, Navarre was thought to be already much better than McCown and King at reading defenses.

good lord, that's sad. The fact that DG actually has won 4 games with hat I believe to be the worst QB starting QB combo this side of Chicago is unbelievable.

StatsAmare

Playin' 110%
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
good lord, that's sad. The fact that DG actually has won 4 games with hat I believe to be the worst QB starting QB combo this side of Chicago is unbelievable.
:thumbup:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Unfair to Navarre? Nonsense. Denny wants to see if this kid has an upside before the April draft. If Navarre stays healthy, this may be a 5 game audition, even if he plays badly, as most rookies will. Roethlisberger's last two games have been stinkers.

I expect some nice TDs and a bunch of sacks and intentional groundings. Navarre is virtually as immobile as Bledsoe.

Navarre is a rookie SEVENTH rounder, he's not supposed to be ready to start, so starting him to see if he's ready is nonsense.

Playing him in game 15 to see where he is completely makes sense, but Green said Navarre gives us the best chance to win, 2 weeks after saying King gave us the best chance to win, 3 weeks after saying Josh gave us the best chance to win. Now THAT is nonsense.

I actually think Navarre is MENTALLY better prepared to play than Josh, 42 starts at Michigan will do that for you, and he's a VERY bright kid. He has the arm, the problem is going to be pass rush.

navarre for a tall guy had an inordinate amount of balls batted down. He had a great OL in college, 15 sacks his senior year the whole year before the Rose Bowl, then 9 in that game, and 6 passes batted down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05