nba.com free agent list

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to get something useful for Voskuhl, but I would be open to paying a team to take him. The obvious choice is Atlanta which needs a big man (any big man) and has plenty of cap space.

What I have in mind is where the Suns trade for a protected future second round pick and give Voskuhl and $2 million in cash. Atlanta gets s sometimes useful player for free and the Suns get a trade exemption that could be used in a future deal. This has the same financial effect as a buyout, but produces more value.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
We do not need two Nashes on the team. We want to rededicate our offense towards Amare-centered and one Nash playing his style to 50% of last season's amount should be more than enough. We need defense and diversification of offense.

I would love to have another Steve Nash type of player on this team for a backup. Wasn't he a MVP? :)

Seriously, I understand what you are saying, especially on defense, but our offense was just fine. It's just that the Suns bench was almost non-existant except for Jim Jackson and the Suns lacked a couple of bigs with height to help Amare on the front line both offensively and defensively.

Another backup PG with a game like Steve Nash would really help the Suns run even more and give Nash some needed rest during the game. I would like to hope Barbosa will develop sometime soon.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I would love to get something useful for Voskuhl, but I would be open to paying a team to take him. The obvious choice is Atlanta which needs a big man (any big man) and has plenty of cap space.

What I have in mind is where the Suns trade for a protected future second round pick and give Voskuhl and $2 million in cash. Atlanta gets s sometimes useful player for free and the Suns get a trade exemption that could be used in a future deal. This has the same financial effect as a buyout, but produces more value.

George, this is an interesting take on this issue. I would be open to it if it would help the Suns to acquire another needed player. Also I like Jake and I think with the right team he could get some playing time as a backup.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
No way that NO does this.

They may have Paul now, but Dickau would be a good backup for him. And why would they want Voskuhl when we already gave them Vroman?

they have speedy claxon also. i'd like speedy as nash's backup.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
they have speedy claxon also. i'd like speedy as nash's backup.

If only it could be done. A Speedy Claxton type player is exactly what the Suns need, however, I would guess he has more value than Dickau.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
If only it could be done. A Speedy Claxton type player is exactly what the Suns need, however, I would guess he has more value than Dickau.

I would like Claxton from the standpoint that he can show Barbosa how to use his speed! He would be the perfect mentor for Barbosa, imho. :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
There's a post somewhere saying that the Suns are willing to subsidize $350,000 of Voskuhl's salary in a trade. While they could offer to pay the entire salary, or even more than the entire salary (as George is suggesting), it wouldn't bring enough roster and talent flexibility to justify the cost, given how tightly ownership is watching its purse strings.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
This may be the best deal we can get for Jake.

Dan Dickau (S&T) 2 year contract with team option for 3rd

for

Voskuhl

Dickau would get a million dollar raise, Jake takes the spot of Chris Anderson if he takes flight.

oh yeah, I can see New Orleans jumping at that deal. When was the last time somebody traded a quality backup point guard (starter on some teams) for a player who isn't worth his own contract?

George O'Brien said:

Obviously you haven't seen the same deals I have from this Phoenix Suns team over the last few years. There's no way this team would pay $100,000 more than his contract for little Jake to play on another team. Unless they get something decent in return (which I doubt) I think they should just keep little Jake at the end of the bench. He's a decent third string center with a good attitude. It's not like his presence is hampering their ability to sign free agents.

The New Orleans Hornets have a team option at $3.6 million for speedy Claxton next year. If they can retain Dickau for a reasonable amount on not sure they would pick up that option on Claxton. Is a good backup point guard, but he has had a history of injuries if I remember correctly.

Joe Mama

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05